The Camp Fire > Hunting Stories

So I shot a buck yesterday....

(1/7) > >>

adkRoy:
I shot a 5-point buck with my bow yesterday evening. started tracking it and it got dark out.The darn thing ran down into a deep ravine and through a swamp.  I lost the blood trail at the same time my flashlight ran out.  Luckily had a small back up flashlight to allow me to get out of the ravine and out of the woods. Started tracking again at day light this morning with my dad. That's when we realized it had rained over night washing out the blood trail. grrrrrrr!  I called a Licensed deer tracking person with his dog. They came and found the buck! It was in the thickest brush I've ever had to plow through.   Unfortunately the coyotes beat us to it and there was nothing left except the skin and skull. The coyotes even ate one of the ears off the deer. No meat for us. :P  I only had my cell phone on me so as soon as I can figure out how to transfer a picture to the computer, I post it.

stka:
Sorry to hear that adkRoy. They do have a knack for finding the thickest stuff around. We had a horrible tangle of brush and vines in the beginning of my blood trail too.

Raquettedacker:
Oh boy that just stinks.....   If you want send them to my phone and I will post them ......    315-219-9449

chuckrudy:
Sorry buddy

jlaclair:
dang man that stinks  >:(

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version