Author Topic: There are still a few honest people in this world (Thank You Scott)  (Read 4002 times)

Offline holden222

• 6 Pointer
This isn't really a hunting story but here goes:

I was hunting a few weeks ago and I always carry my GPS with me, mostly I just mark good trails so I can check them out the next time I go out. I have a case for my gps that clips on to my hip so I don't have it slip out of my pocket (or so I thought). This week I happened to have come out on the power-line and walked back to the truck.

We got back to the house and rested for a bit. before I went to bed I decided to change the batteries in my GPS so I wouldn't forget before I go out next time. I looked and looked for it and could not seem to find it any where. Tore the house apart and nothing. So later in the week my dad went and checked out where the truck was in a few different place but didn't find it. (I was back at college about 3 hours away)

He called me up on Tuesday and said he didn't find it. On Wednesday night he calls me and told me that my GPS had made it home. This guy he use to work with Scott, found it up on the power-line and took it home, put new batteries in it, and looked at the way points. He found the one marked home and him and his wife drove around until the found my house. I could not believe it. I can not thank Scott enough for his honesty, I have a lot of time put into that GPS. He could have thrown this up on craiglist and made a quick buck but instead he returned it. Thank you Scott!!

Just when I was losing all faith in my fellow sportsman after hearing about trail cams and tree stands getting stolen. It's good to know that some people are still honest! Thanks again Scott I owe you!

Offline vermonner

• 6 Pointer
Great to hear stories like this, seems the bad news always arrives in spades and the good news is a trickle.  Thank you, Scott, whoever you are, for being a stand up dude

Offline monk

• 8 Pointer
  • I'd rather be outdoors
Thanks for sharing a great story. Keep the faith, there are a lot of good people out there...
 MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN! God Bless America!
"Old age is like everything else. To make a success of it, you've got to start young."
Theodore Rooseve

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal