Author Topic: How's the northern deer population?  (Read 6307 times)

Offline deerme

• 8 Pointer
Re: How's the northern deer population?
« Reply #15 on: Mar 12, 2010, 11:45:29 AM »
crossbow???  roadkill???  very good question...

Offline CAPTJJ

• Non-typical 13 Pointer
  • Bowhunter
    • Rod Bender Charters, Lake George, NY
« Reply #16 on: Mar 12, 2010, 01:17:24 PM »
Is that "other" category telling me 93760 deer were killed with nusance permits? Thats 42 % of deer taken!

That is DMPs(83,624) and DMAPs(10,136) combined. Link: http://www.dec.ny.gov/outdoor/42248.html

I think we're on the wrong board, sorry NH guys. ;D
Its always archery season. >>>---------->
Hybrid longbow in hand.

Offline venisonman

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #17 on: Mar 12, 2010, 10:00:14 PM »
That is DMPs(83,624) and DMAPs(10,136) combined. Link: http://www.dec.ny.gov/outdoor/42248.html

I think we're on the wrong board, sorry NH guys. ;D

Thanks Capt
Genesis 9:2 The fear and dread of you will fall upon all the beasts of the earth and the birds of the air, upon every creature that moves along the ground, and upon all the fish of the sea, they are given into your hands.

Offline Big buck tracker

• 6 Pointer
  • Let the little ones live
« Reply #18 on: Mar 15, 2010, 09:53:47 AM »
and all these stats were taken before all of our problems in Maine with previous two winters. I can only imagine where these numbers are now.

Offline TallywackahME

• 8 Pointer
« Reply #19 on: Mar 18, 2010, 11:07:04 AM »
i cant speak for north of the forks but in around bingham solon moscow and that area where we have always hunted w/ pretty good success has gone all to hell in just the last two years. places we have killed nice bucks and seen bucks and just deer in general were completley vacant. even during bird season we werent seeing much sign. i belive it was the wed. the first week we got a couple inches of snow and rode about 60 miles on back roads and found one skipper track. in 7 days hunting we saw 1 doe and she was feeding off someones fire wood pile over on pleasant ridge...something needs to be done

Offline Corporal Punishment

• 8 Pointer
« Reply #20 on: Mar 18, 2010, 02:53:01 PM »
i cant speak for north of the forks but in around bingham solon moscow and that area where we have always hunted w/ pretty good success has gone all to hell in just the last two years. places we have killed nice bucks and seen bucks and just deer in general were completley vacant. even during bird season we werent seeing much sign. i belive it was the wed. the first week we got a couple inches of snow and rode about 60 miles on back roads and found one skipper track. in 7 days hunting we saw 1 doe and she was feeding off someones fire wood pile over on pleasant ridge...something needs to be done

Agreed the herd is shot everywhere in the North East!!!!!And no-one can tell me any different..............

Offline Big buck tracker

• 6 Pointer
  • Let the little ones live
« Reply #21 on: Mar 19, 2010, 05:29:08 AM »
sounds like my season. I gave up hunting up north due to walking and riding about 100 miles a day and not even finding a track. So i hunted back home in central maine and saw one stupid flag all season running away from me. That's 2 1/2 weeks vacation and I hunted every day light to dark.  they better do something!!! >:(

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal