Author Topic: Oh my goodness 5 different birds  (Read 2669 times)

Offline drobertsinMaryland

• 30 Point Buck
Oh my goodness 5 different birds
« on: Apr 09, 2009, 09:30:57 AM »
Went out to a private spot to listen for some gobbles and while I was there planned to hang another trail camera. I had just got to the crest of the hill when I heard that sweet sound of a Thunder Rooster. Excited that I had heard my first gobble of the year I eased along the flat to proceed to hang my camera. I walked about another twenty yards and heard several other gobbles down in the creek bottom. It sounded as though there was two different birds down there. A few seconds later I started two here some leaves crunching on the other side of some downfall. So I stood up against a big oak tree and waited to see what it was. Not long after that out comes a red fox and I watched him meander out along the flat into the thicket. I began to think to myself I hope he does not ruin my hunt this year as he has done in past years. I decided just to stand  in that spot for a few minutes. As I stood their I heard two more birds and one sounded as though he was about 100 yards away. At that time I decided to back out of there and not even hang my camera. No calling was done and these birds definitely seemed had love on their minds. I think this may be my year fellas. ;D

Offline larz

• Forked
Re: Oh my goodness 5 different birds
« Reply #1 on: Apr 09, 2009, 10:09:23 AM »
May the turkey gods be with you.

Offline Adam Bomb

• Forked
  • In Pursuit
« Reply #2 on: Apr 14, 2009, 08:44:05 AM »
Things sound good to me. Hopefully that pesky fox dont mess you up!
Ya gotta kill em before ya can grill em!
Adam

Offline SLED_NECK

• Forked
  • Shoot em again he's still runnin with 3 legs
« Reply #3 on: Apr 14, 2009, 02:23:14 PM »
cyote and fox season runs all year round on my farm ;) so i make sure my hunts never get messed up lol, my uncle says he has seen a wolf around here to but i dont if i should trust those old eyes any more lol

[IMG]

Offline drobertsinMaryland

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #4 on: Apr 14, 2009, 02:51:53 PM »
cyote and fox season runs all year round on my farm ;) so i make sure my hunts never get messed up lol, my uncle says he has seen a wolf around here to but i dont if i should trust those old eyes any more lol
We can take out yotes year round but foxes are only from November til January.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal