Author Topic: Whats the best way to set a duke for a racoon?  (Read 2415 times)

Offline farmall99

• Nubbie
Whats the best way to set a duke for a racoon?
« on: Sep 24, 2013, 12:27:47 PM »
I have about 5 racoons by my stand and want to know whats the best way and where to set a trap.

Offline NYSporty

• 6 Pointer
Re: Whats the best way to set a duke for a racoon?
« Reply #1 on: Sep 24, 2013, 01:31:45 PM »
How close are you to be hunting in it I wouldn't be trapping anything within 2 weeks of your setting in it.
But if you must coons will normally take the path of least resistance like atop a fallen log. Cat food makes good bait.

Offline farmall99

• Nubbie
« Reply #2 on: Sep 26, 2013, 08:07:45 AM »
How close are you to be hunting in it I wouldn't be trapping anything within 2 weeks of your setting in it.
But if you must coons will normally take the path of least resistance like atop a fallen log. Cat food makes good bait.
  Thanks  Will do

Offline nyduckman

• 8 Pointer
« Reply #3 on: Sep 26, 2013, 08:23:58 AM »
get the duke dp coon traps....if your new to trapping its a real ez trap to learn to use and you dont have to make a dirt hole set up just place some bait in the trap and go...just remember use more then one trap per area also and dont use cat food if your any were near homes trust me cats like cat food and they sure are upset when they are in your trap if your going to use a bait use corn or fish pellets with some scent

Offline jlaclair

• 12 Pointer
  • get closer to the woodland critters
« Reply #4 on: Sep 26, 2013, 08:31:06 AM »
i love the dog proof traps, super easy, super effective, and care free no none target species. Bacon fat works well
Take a Kid outside...

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal