Author Topic: Home made feeder??  (Read 3166 times)

Offline ShawnM

• Nubbie
Home made feeder??
« on: Aug 26, 2004, 02:35:08 PM »
Anyone out there make homemade feeders. Like out of PVC or anything else

Offline Swantucky

• Spiked
Re: Home made feeder??
« Reply #1 on: Sep 01, 2004, 07:47:39 AM »
  I have built them out of pvc,  they work pretty good but do not hold much corn---maybe 20 lbs.  I have also built them out of a 55 gallon drum which not only hold alot more corn (about 500 lbs.) they last forever I have one that has been in use since 1996 with very little maintenence.  I think I may have a rough sketch somewhere if your interested,  I'll see if I can scan it in.

Offline ShawnM

• Nubbie
« Reply #2 on: Sep 01, 2004, 08:54:56 AM »
How did you make the PVC one's ? Any help would be great

Offline Swantucky

• Spiked
« Reply #3 on: Sep 08, 2004, 07:14:00 AM »
                                                                                          xx
                                                                                          xx
                                                                                          xx    < straight 6" or 8" pvc pipe
                                                                                          xx
                                                                                          xx
                                                                                          xx
                                                                                          xx   xx   < "y" pvc pipe
                                                                                          xx  xx
                                                                                          xxxxx
                                                                                          xxxx
                                                                                          xx
                                                                                          xx   <straight 6" pvc pipe
                                                                                          xx
I don't know if this "drawing" helps but it is basicly a 6' pvc pipe on top of a "Y" fitting with a stopper or cap at the bottom of the "Y" with a 2' piece of pipe on the bottom to hold it up off the ground.  Put a coffee can on top of the thing to keep the water out.  I take a piece of tie wire and tie it too a tree,  when you need to refill it undo the wire and refill.  I know the drawing is crude but I hope it helps post if you don't understand and I will try and give you better instructions.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal