Author Topic: 2013 Spring bear hunting thread  (Read 2103 times)

Offline JayHelfrich

• Nubbie
  • Outdoors is where it's at!
2013 Spring bear hunting thread
« on: Apr 17, 2013, 06:17:59 PM »
So has anybody been out yet?  I has been cold in the SW Montana area so I'm not sure if the bears are out and about yet.  With the temps getting down into the single digits I wonder if they have returned to their dens?  I'm going to take the kids for a ride this evening and look around.

Jay
Take a kid into the outdoors today and they will return the favor later in life!

Offline JayHelfrich

• Nubbie
  • Outdoors is where it's at!
Went hunting and caught some fish
« Reply #1 on: Apr 20, 2013, 09:47:44 PM »
Fun day. Loaded kids, guns, and fishing gear into the truck this afternoon and headed for parts unknown loaded for bears, gophers, and fish. First stop was Townsend Marine to pick up my rebuilt prop. It looks great and I can't wait to get it in the water. I took the kids to Rocky Mountain Supply for snacks and found a couple of boxes of shells I'll be needing before too long.

My son Joshua was driving through Townsend with his mom and jumped in the truck with us as we went in search of fin and fur. We took a ride up Duck Creek on the east side of Canyon Ferry Reservoir to the snow line. No bears or bear sign were seen but we had a nice ride in a new area. We did however get to see deer, antelope, and wild turkeys. I clucked and purred good enough to get a couple of the tom's to gobble for the kids.

We went down to Court Sheriff bay on Canyon Ferry for a quick try on some fish before we had to take Josh home. We ended with 2 fish to the net and one LDR in a half hour of fishing. Josh is going to spend a few days with us and the weather is supposed to be better this weekend so more stories are sure to come!

Going for the net job on his sisters fish.

Full spawning colors.

Time for sister to help.

Happy kids!

Jay
Take a kid into the outdoors today and they will return the favor later in life!

Offline peddler

• 10 Pointer
  • FREE DROBS
Re: 2013 Spring bear hunting thread
« Reply #2 on: Apr 21, 2013, 03:44:41 AM »
Great pics.

Peddler  8) 8) 8)
Peddler

Offline Raquettedacker

• Cactus Buck
Re: 2013 Spring bear hunting thread
« Reply #3 on: Apr 21, 2013, 06:24:19 AM »