Author Topic: Am I alone here?  (Read 17037 times)

Offline upstatehunter

• 30 Point Buck
Re: Am I alone here?
« Reply #15 on: Jan 11, 2013, 10:58:20 AM »
Good stuff people...Could chime in with all the same and more....but will say no Hollywood...your not crazy...
Those that are under 70 years old(and some that are) will probably live to see a real catastrophic change in the world as we know it...I have been talking about the stock market since '08.....I lost most of my 401K...ended up taking it all out two years ago....was never going to make enough for me to retire on anyways....SS will be in the toilet in less than 20 years I'm afraid...So I ain't counting on getting it....After dealing with them for two years to get my wife her SSID....Tough on her, she worked jobs a lot that didn't pay SS or unemployment, or other things businesses pay....(IE: waitress or small business flying under the radar...paying people cash and trying to stay in business... :o :o).....Almost needed a lawyer to get something a person who was 45years old and had worked all her life since she was 17....Yet a immigrant who speaks no English and was injured selling drugs can get in a matter of days....Our country was built on immigrants who came here with a promise if they worked hard and strived to fit into Americas plan, they would be rewarded...and most were....now we reward people just for coming here....not learning skills or even our language....(we have to learn theirs in our schools)....I'm sure i could survive with little to no modern resources...but many couldn't...like my wife...she would not get the care for her condition she does now and would parish fairly quickly....My son would be OK...as long as I kept an eye on him....My daughter and son in law....they would be screwed.....He is a smart kid, a teacher....but if it isn't in a book or on the computer he is lost.....So hang on people, these are the ones that hold our future....
OH and one of the things I have been saying for a few years now is a real possibility....most ague that it will not happen but I see more signs all the time....our power and information grid, will someday fail or be taken out by someone who wants to control us.....Experts say it will never happen....but seems like we just had a extremely large failure in Europe not to long ago....When whole countries lose internet, and half of them have no power...something larger is always possible....I remember as a youth....a power outage was a big deal....they just didn't happen all that often...But now because of the extreme load on things, when we have a bad storm places have no power for sometimes months....until they can get it back online....OK..off to count candles, and can some venison.....gotta be prepared... 8) 8) 8)

Offline bogmanjr

• 30 Point Buck
  • Amigo
« Reply #16 on: Jan 11, 2013, 11:10:01 AM »
I have a concern with the NonEnglish speaking masses that are purchasing every corner gas station and convenience store in sight here. Seems strange that Mom & Pop struggled to make it until the had to finally sell and they can buy it up and flourish?  :-\  I will not be surprised if the next attack is from within our borders and has been years in the planning. >:(
" Those who forge their guns into plows will plow for those who did not " Thomas Jefferson.

Offline lewk24

• 10 Pointer
« Reply #17 on: Jan 11, 2013, 11:10:40 AM »
I am only 25, but I was raised on a farm to work for what you have as well. There are a ton of people around here that are on the state when they could easily be working. It is the most frustrating thing. My girlfriend used to be a home visitor for a state funded program that would teach people with low incomes how to raise their kids. Her clients were people that were perfectly fine, but would sit at home and collect instead of working. Also, they would have big tvs with cable, Xboxes, and state provided cell phones. She would tell me stories of Moms telling their 17 daughter to get knocked up so she could get money from the state...WOW.

Also people that work where I do have spouses at home and pay to have their kids go to daycare (probably the state pays for it, but anyways). These people are sitting at home doing nothing and collecting. At least be a stay at home dad instead of shipping the kid off and not working.  I am all for supporting people that can not support themselves, don't get me wrong, but I have met some of these people personally and I have been told they are more than fine to work. These are the same people that specifically asked our CFO if they could decline a pay raise so that the state would not give them less money. Blows my mind.

I do OK at work and we get by, but it isn't easy. I rarely do anything expensive and never go on vacation. My "vacation" is out on a lake somewhere or in the woods...which it just fine by me. Ideally I would like to be able to pay off student loans, afford a house, and all that fun stuff...but I am young and those days will come. I just wish more people around here had the same mentality as me and would pull their weight...then maybe they would not have to raise taxes and take another chunk from my paycheck. Like everyone has said...if this keeps up I fear the worst in years to come...

Luke

Offline 30-30

• 30 Point Buck
  • Hunt America
« Reply #18 on: Jan 11, 2013, 11:50:36 AM »
I have a concern with the NonEnglish speaking masses that are purchasing every corner gas station and convenience store in sight here. Seems strange that Mom & Pop struggled to make it until the had to finally sell and they can buy it up and flourish?  :-\  I will not be surprised if the next attack is from within our borders and has been years in the planning. >:(
             I said that 20 yrs. ago when I worked a construction co & they sent me down state & I 1st saw who owned gas stations there. :o

Offline loonyone

• Non-typical 13 Pointer
« Reply #19 on: Jan 11, 2013, 01:24:26 PM »
here you guys go........someone else did it I tell you

Offline Green Mountian Hunter

• 30 Point Buck
  • FREE DROBS !!!!
« Reply #20 on: Jan 11, 2013, 02:32:47 PM »
Looks way to familiar  seeing the same thing up here as well  t -heads buying every thing up

Offline 30-30

• 30 Point Buck
  • Hunt America
« Reply #21 on: Jan 11, 2013, 04:09:05 PM »
Looks way to familiar  seeing the same thing up here as well  t -heads buying every thing up
            Now they want to take semi-auto weapons away from us so we can't defend ourselves when they try to take over "RED DAWN". >:(

Offline Green Mountian Hunter

• 30 Point Buck
  • FREE DROBS !!!!
« Reply #22 on: Jan 11, 2013, 04:12:37 PM »
            Now they want to take semi-auto weapons away from us so we can't defend ourselves when they try to take over "RED DAWN". >:(
they going to have a fight on there hands all because of a school that is bull   >:( >:(
« Last Edit: Jan 11, 2013, 04:13:20 PM by Green Mountian Hunter »

Offline venisonman

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #23 on: Jan 11, 2013, 04:52:19 PM »
WOLVERINES!
Genesis 9:2 The fear and dread of you will fall upon all the beasts of the earth and the birds of the air, upon every creature that moves along the ground, and upon all the fish of the sea, they are given into your hands.

Offline Deuce1

• Nubbie
« Reply #24 on: Jan 11, 2013, 04:53:55 PM »
I will agree to a point that Unemployment is not a hand out BUT seeing guys collect all winter AND work under the table is total B.S. and abuse of the system. You either collect cause you can't find work, or you work. Period.

Offline brace

• 10 Pointer
  • Is it Friday yet??
« Reply #25 on: Jan 11, 2013, 05:34:45 PM »

Still not a problem north of Augusta......Yet!!!
   Nil Carborundum Illigetimi

Offline Raquettedacker

• Cactus Buck
« Reply #26 on: Jan 11, 2013, 06:39:27 PM »

Totally agree with you...   Same way around here.... >:( >:(
"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part..."

Offline bogmanjr

• 30 Point Buck
  • Amigo
« Reply #27 on: Jan 11, 2013, 08:13:57 PM »

Don't be too sure, They are in Bangor/Brewer.  ;)
" Those who forge their guns into plows will plow for those who did not " Thomas Jefferson.

Offline Deuce1

• Nubbie
« Reply #28 on: Jan 11, 2013, 08:23:14 PM »
From what I have seen in L/A its not too far.

Offline Hollywood

• 8 Pointer
  • # 99
« Reply #29 on: Jan 12, 2013, 05:26:37 AM »

I did biz with a mom & pop convenience store that sold out to them. I met with the new owners & would have done biz with them but my gut told me something wasn't right so I stayed away. About 2 years later, they had racked up over $1 million in debt, hopped on a plane and flew back home. They love America. Probably come back & do it again.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal