Author Topic: anything  (Read 19321 times)

Offline HUNT FISH COOK

• 6 Pointer
anything
« on: Nov 27, 2012, 07:13:22 AM »
posting from central mass any one have anyluck yesturday i have a group of 4 to 6 deer in the brush and i let a couple slugs go didnt hit anything.. ill be back at it saturday because i got school all week
kill it be for u grill it

Offline aquaassassin

• 30 Point Buck
  • AIM SMALL... MISS SMALL
Re: anything
« Reply #1 on: Nov 27, 2012, 08:22:42 AM »
WOW, I think my IQ just dropped a bit after reading this one :o. You saw what was possibly 4-6 deer in the brush so you did a hail Mary slug launch into the bush? ::)
It's not being cocky if you can back it up!

Offline bluemountainlaker

• Spiked
« Reply #2 on: Nov 27, 2012, 08:26:16 AM »
you now i think its common practice to identify and take a clean shot at an animal. a hail mary launch just doent sound good ::)

Offline Wolley

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #3 on: Nov 27, 2012, 08:34:24 AM »
Did you check for people with brown coats on in the "brush"???
wake up America www.infowars.com

Offline chuckrudy

• 10 Pointer
« Reply #4 on: Nov 27, 2012, 08:40:25 AM »
Definitely do not want to be in the woods with this guy
no information

Offline TallywackahME

• 8 Pointer
« Reply #5 on: Nov 27, 2012, 10:34:29 AM »
lmfao!!!!! this kid isnt serious is he??!?!?!

tony, do you remember the chinamen at the whistle stop that asked if we do any "sound shooting" lmao

Offline Cornbread

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #6 on: Nov 27, 2012, 11:48:46 AM »
Good night I hope this kid is kidding! If not I sure am glad he isn't hunting out my way!

Offline loonyone

• Non-typical 13 Pointer
« Reply #7 on: Nov 27, 2012, 11:51:33 AM »
wow good lord....this is why I can not get my better half out in the woods with me...........maybe he has something there with this guy in the woods..........sounds like a little dirty shootin to me

Offline 30-30

• 30 Point Buck
  • Hunt America
« Reply #8 on: Nov 27, 2012, 06:16:16 PM »

Wow, I can't believe what I just read. I hope this guy is just screwing w/our heads. Isn't knowing your target & what's beyond it 1 of the 1st rules in hunting, @ you hunter safety course. :o

Offline HUNT FISH COOK

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #9 on: Nov 27, 2012, 08:21:37 PM »
40 yard shot it wasn't thick brush I could see the deer I've been tough if there in the brush and you can see them shoot guess I was tough wrong made me look bad didn't mean to come off as a dumb wreck less hunter

Offline upstatehunter

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #10 on: Nov 27, 2012, 08:31:59 PM »
As long as you were sure of your target before the trigger was pulled.....Just not a recommended shot in the woods....Tough to get any kind of bullet through brush and hit your intended target....you may hit a non intended target with a bullet sent off course by the brush.....we all just want you to be as safe and as ethical a hunter as you can be....the deer and others in the woods deserve it.....you will learn I'm sure.... ;)

Offline HUNT FISH COOK

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #11 on: Nov 27, 2012, 08:52:13 PM »
Been hunting for 13 years I've learned a lot . And the deer I was shooting at was in a opening in the brush I'm just not that used to the gun yet.. Ha I brought my climber like I said I was going to I would of been set

Offline stka

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #12 on: Nov 27, 2012, 08:54:57 PM »
Sounded a lot worse in the first post. Even a big slug will deflect on twigs. I've always shot like I only had one shell and make sure it counts. Of course I have mostly single shot guns too. Hard to do some times, but it's always better to wait for a good clear shot if you can. That is in no way saying I always did, I've rushed my share of shots and honestly none of them worked out.

Offline HUNT FISH COOK

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #13 on: Nov 28, 2012, 07:46:31 AM »
yeah i learned that it always conect even if you have a 10 by 10 spot to shoot, i nay have been hunting for 13 years but im only 17 turring 18 so i still have alot to learn and to say that your iq droped from reading my post little harsh right isnt the goal to teach young hunters the right way to do things not pretty much call them dumb and disscurage them from wanting to go in the woods just saying

Offline johndeere540

• 8 Pointer
  • If the lead aint flyin, the backstrap aint fryin!
« Reply #14 on: Nov 28, 2012, 07:59:00 AM »
What were you hunting when you were 4?  ??? I been hunting for 20 plus years and killed alot of deer and I still pick up something new every time I go hunting! ;)

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal