Author Topic: hunting land  (Read 10099 times)

Offline hunters08

• Forked
hunting land
« on: Sep 15, 2006, 10:52:24 PM »
Just wondering how hard it is to find a place to hunt(besides an outfitter) for non-residents? would really love to bow hunt whitetails in wisconsin and i just dont want to spend the money on an outfitter.Thanks

Offline Pikeguy

• 6 Pointer
Re: hunting land
« Reply #1 on: Sep 18, 2006, 10:56:11 AM »
Just wondering how hard it is to find a place to hunt(besides an outfitter) for non-residents? would really love to bow hunt whitetails in wisconsin and i just dont want to spend the money on an outfitter.Thanks

It's tough unless you want to hunt state land. If so, check out this site for listing of the opportunities and availabe state forest land.   

http://www.dnr.state.wi.us/

There are some great pieces of state owned land out there...It can be crowded but I'm guessing most places are not. Any private land is going to be really expensive...especially in the middle to upper part of the state. CWD has probably made access to land in the southern half of the state easier to get for little money.
Adam

Offline xrhino

• Nubbie
  • Chicks dig blaze orange!
« Reply #2 on: Sep 18, 2006, 03:57:32 PM »
I've been rifle hunting on public land in the NE corner of the state since 1993.  Most years I never see another hunter from my stand.  There are obviously other guys in the woods, but if don't mind thre drive up there you can get away from them.  I would think you'd have no problem getting away, especially during bow season.

Most of the land is either pine plantation, new slashing, or cedar swamp.  It's very thick.

Good luck!

Offline hunters08

• Forked
« Reply #3 on: Sep 21, 2006, 10:32:34 PM »
I've been rifle hunting on public land in the NE corner of the state since 1993.  Most years I never see another hunter from my stand.  There are obviously other guys in the woods, but if don't mind thre drive up there you can get away from them.  I would think you'd have no problem getting away, especially during bow season.

Most of the land is either pine plantation, new slashing, or cedar swamp.  It's very thick.

Good luck!
Thanks is there any literature or something i could get?

Offline hunters08

• Forked
« Reply #4 on: Sep 21, 2006, 10:36:09 PM »
It's tough unless you want to hunt state land. If so, check out this site for listing of the opportunities and availabe state forest land.   

http://www.dnr.state.wi.us/

There are some great pieces of state owned land out there...It can be crowded but I'm guessing most places are not. Any private land is going to be really expensive...especially in the middle to upper part of the state. CWD has probably made access to land in the southern half of the state easier to get for little money.
I could only find state parks???

Offline Pikeguy

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #5 on: Sep 22, 2006, 08:19:52 AM »
I could only find state parks???

http://www.dnr.state.wi.us/org/land/wildlife/reclands/index.htm

Take a look at this part of the site. Good luck

Adam
Adam

Offline hunters08

• Forked
« Reply #6 on: Sep 28, 2006, 12:55:02 PM »
Thanks that was what i was looking for.

Offline Pikeguy

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #7 on: Sep 28, 2006, 01:54:25 PM »
Thanks that was what i was looking for.

Glad I could help. Let me know what you decide to do
Adam

Offline hunters08

• Forked
« Reply #8 on: Oct 03, 2006, 03:56:10 PM »
ok i hope you dont mind is the archery season 160.00 and spring turkey 60.00 ? for non-resident or do i need to buy the deer tag also?

Offline MASTERGUIDE

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #9 on: Oct 19, 2006, 12:08:15 AM »
there is a difference, deer-archery, is its own license, and turkey is its own, both need to be purchased, and turkey needs to be purchased once in the fall and once in the spring.  I don't know the prices right off hand, but just go to anyplace that sells licenses and say I need a non-resident deer archery license, and they will set u up, turkeys need to be applied for to make sure you get your tag, otherwise they do go on sale otc for a while, but the tags get snapped up fast.  Any questions just post em and I can answer them.

MASTERGUIDE

Offline hunters08

• Forked
« Reply #10 on: Jan 05, 2007, 11:40:34 PM »
Thanks masterguide
   I hope to hunt there this year,trying to find land and get the liscences all figured out.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal