Author Topic: LOONY GOT A DEER 8 points  (Read 22066 times)

Offline loonyone

• Non-typical 13 Pointer
Re: LOONY GOT A DEER 8 points
« Reply #30 on: Nov 18, 2012, 03:47:25 PM »
Congrats!!

i don't suppose you climbed a tree to do it :o

or used your car  ::)

That I did ship of fools 8 feet high

Offline TallywackahME

• 8 Pointer
« Reply #31 on: Nov 18, 2012, 03:53:49 PM »
well done! congrats

Offline eyehi

• 12 Pointer
« Reply #32 on: Nov 18, 2012, 03:54:16 PM »
Nice pic looney.....the smile says it all   8)

Offline upstatehunter

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #33 on: Nov 18, 2012, 03:55:37 PM »
For sure!! Congrats again girl....your sure to be on cloud nine for a while...enjoy that feeling and the accomplishment of it all!!!

Offline 30-30

• 30 Point Buck
  • Hunt America
« Reply #34 on: Nov 18, 2012, 04:00:07 PM »

Nice buck loony, I know that smile, it's a smile that 1 gets when 1 gets their 1st deer. ;D

Offline ship of fools

• 8 Pointer
Re: LOONY GOT A DEER 8 points Pictures one and a time
« Reply #35 on: Nov 18, 2012, 04:07:43 PM »
here is one...........the darn photobucket is giving me a heck of a time today...................AND I WAS OUT TRYING FOR NUMBER TWO

awesome!!

i was gonna bust your chops about no pic as well  ....  but the line about trying for number #2 shut me up ....  i drove around in my car this morning and looked at deer on the side of the road (20 or more along with a coyote and a dozen turkeys) instead of bowhunting to fill my only remaining tag so i think i should just shut up  ::)

Offline aquaassassin

• 30 Point Buck
  • AIM SMALL... MISS SMALL
« Reply #36 on: Nov 18, 2012, 04:17:49 PM »
Awesome Doreen! Beyond pumped for you! Great buck and great shot! 8)
It's not being cocky if you can back it up!

Offline Buckfish

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #37 on: Nov 18, 2012, 04:42:20 PM »
Congrats on your buck looney nice job

Offline loonyone

• Non-typical 13 Pointer
« Reply #38 on: Nov 18, 2012, 04:42:26 PM »
Ok here we go but please bare with me due to the photobucket is IOSDYF ETUIY$%(.  So I went south at 3 AM 11/17/12 and believe it or not I got to a tree that I selected at 4:30 only 8 feet high but I did get in the tree.......So Coffee gun, no scent stuff all intact and ready to go.......as long as I do not look down I am just fine...........So I am set up in a place where I THINK THERE IS NO ONE ELSE.....5:30 comes around and it still is dark and I hear some scary creatures so I am not liken it to much......6 :30 rolls around and I am so happy I can see all around.......it is freezing 28 degrees.  I sit with coffee and just catching the scenery.  I seem to hear a bunch of birds and noises I have no idea about.  Might be getting a bit cold but I just want so bad to see something.  I use this little doe bleat thingee and kinda laugh at myself cause I really don't know what I am doing and wonder if this really makes a difference.  Plus the noise is just funny.  I have a green pasture to my left and hardwoods in front of me......pines to my right and some behind me......I am sitting in a pine sort of......

I lunch around 1:30pm and thinking maybe I should just move my spot but really I am nervous about getting down and searching since I have only been here a couple of times on my own just looking this past week.  Me having lunch in a tree.........lol I think not but I did.....Anyways after pondering whether I am going to move......I do this doe bleat a few more times and get my gun set up just in case nothing happens....lol.....so I think.......I see this deer over in the green pasture.....kinda far to tell what it is.......so I just sit and wait and beg please come my way..2 oclock ...(dont care if doe or buck)  I just want one.....so I wait another 15 minutes and it seems to go the corner of the field and I think my chance is gone....so I do this bleat again and kinda crack up to myself........Then this deer starts to come back my way but kind of acts disinterested but when he turned sideways to me I realize it is a buck of 6 pts or so I thought....NOW I AM PUMPED BUT DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO SO I JUST SIT AND WAIT.....(wind is to my face so I hear this is perfect)  10 more minutes and now I am smiling ear to ear.....and thinking how stupid this must be..........me what the hell am I gonna do if I get it......I laugh.......and wait and he still seems disinterested so I do a soft bleat........little bit..........and set my gun up just in case........This time for real..............and wait another minute or so and he starts to quarter his way to me............My heart of course is beating out my chest...........(thank god for silicone)  lmao.........I make sure I steady myself and so darn mad my gun makes a squeek (mossberg 500 squeek) He stops and looks directly at me....for a second I think gone.......but no he keeps coming my way............and the gun does the same damn thing.........clink..........he stops again and starts to back up.....so I figure again I screwed up but he moves forward again right towards me..........So safety off.............and he just desides its time to go just a little bit away from me however.................before he got to far I actually yelled HEY WHERE YOU GOING???????  And he stops and heads right back to me.......Runs sideways just perfect and I think wow I got to shoot this damn thing now and BOOOM......It was shot......He kept running so I thought I missed him completely.....Then he stopped and looked back as if to say HAHAHAHA missed so I was getting ready to pop him again.................and he swaggered..........staggered........tryed to run another little bit.......smacked into a tree....got up and ran little more and poof out like a light......so I am sitting here thinking what the hell just happened and I say out loud (now I think I am alone remember)  I got him I got him.NOW WHAT DO I DO???????????????and I jsut crack up laughing......and say WHAT DO I DO?  So I climb down there is no need to wait as I see him piled up about 50 yards from me........I am laughing so hard and thinking where is my trusty HOW TO BOOK..........and I see him finally so the pictures I have of all the guts and glory......(I actually give me a once over and say to the sky Dad see what you missed by not taking me when I was young)  You ass.....(sorry for swearing but that is what happened).   

So I take a few pictures of him just laying there and think HERE THE FUN DOESNT BEGIN.....Alls I can say is YUCK..and laugh......While I am bent over checking out my prize and thinking how cute his teeth where I hear from some guy....Need some help?  Of course I say I do not know I dont know what to do from here but I will figure it out......THen we talk niceties about my deer and he says well you gonna gut it.??? I do not want to but of course that is part of the shooting/harvesting deer.....So I stumble and stammer and say I have no idea how to and he says well you do this and that and then you cut his (area) off and cut in here and there and OH MY GOD what have I gotten myself in for?????  So I start and get to his unit and say sorry boy.......but this has got to go to. and the guy helps me get the think bled out and tells me I double lunged the thing and got part of the heart thats why he didnt get so far..............and he says by the way...I heard you yelling and say NOW WHAT DO I DO so I figured you needed some help....been watching you all morning.  I couldnt have been more embarrassed at how this guy came about but now I just crack up and say thanks for the help and lessons.  He says He was across from me about the opposite end of the field........(far enough away from being shot at)  Now I asked the guy if he would help me take the pictures and of course he is happy to oblige but he was not very good at is and I lost 10 of the 10 pictures I had...

Oh well if it doen't look like an 8 point I am sorry but it really is a small 8.  So he gets dragged to the truck......(thank you guy) and I go back and get my stuff from tree and carry all this out to truck..Take deer to a friends and ask how to clean it up as I made a real mess out of this poor animals.................He just puts a stick in the belly and hangs in for some mrore pictures but as you can see I am not at all enthused about the last pictures.....but I did get the blood and guts as much as I could with what was left from my camera...I do have Rack as proof he is a 8 pointer if you need and I will take pictures of it if you need for the contest.  here is the pictures aall I have

Directly after the kill............

Here is all the guts part and the tree he smashed into

Beginning of my terrible lessons

Me gun deer and tag

Adreneline kill

The End...except I went out again to day but nothing.......and I got invited back to my original spot...........guts and glory...........sorry if you can not see all of the points let me know what I have to do and how many points...............am I stoked............enough to go and take off work tomorrow
« Last Edit: Nov 18, 2012, 05:30:12 PM by loonyone »

Offline Deposit

• 12 Pointer
« Reply #39 on: Nov 18, 2012, 04:45:23 PM »
Nice loony!

Offline loonyone

• Non-typical 13 Pointer
« Reply #40 on: Nov 18, 2012, 04:46:15 PM »
 >:( OMG everyone.......thanks......for all your encouragement..............now I am hiring the next gut job out....did not get sick however GROSS ME OUT

Offline huntny30

• Non-typical 13 Pointer
« Reply #41 on: Nov 18, 2012, 04:49:27 PM »
Great stuff!
"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid."
John Wayne

Offline eyehi

• 12 Pointer
« Reply #42 on: Nov 18, 2012, 04:52:49 PM »
Nice story i enjoyed reading your adventure......next one will be easier to gut  ;D

Offline bogmanjr

• 30 Point Buck
  • Amigo
« Reply #43 on: Nov 18, 2012, 04:56:00 PM »
That's perfect !!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Congratulations again.  8) 8)
" Those who forge their guns into plows will plow for those who did not " Thomas Jefferson.

Offline aquaassassin

• 30 Point Buck
  • AIM SMALL... MISS SMALL
« Reply #44 on: Nov 18, 2012, 05:00:56 PM »
Congrats again! AWESOME!
It's not being cocky if you can back it up!

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal