Author Topic: Lets see some pics...  (Read 16941 times)

Offline Raquettedacker

• Cactus Buck
Re: Lets see some pics...
« Reply #15 on: Oct 21, 2012, 02:13:48 PM »
slow working dogs are better usually. you'll put more birds in the bag 9 times out of 10. they are slower hunters because they are more methodical and more thorough ;) we have a litter coming at the end of the month, you should have one lol

Yep...    My grandpa use to leash a 10 foot rope to a fast dog....
"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part..."

Offline tcfish

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #16 on: Oct 21, 2012, 02:21:00 PM »

Been out a couple times lookin for pheasant ,partridge , or whatever .ONly flushed 1 pheasant  :-[  No dog though ... Think this will be my last year buying a pheasant tag , Bought one last year also and have only shot 1 ... flished 3 others in 2 years  :(    Talked to a guy 2 weeks ago who claims that after they stock the birds he goes in and pushes the clear across the river and way back in so only the guys with dogs can get them  :-\whatever    hardly woth goin out here in southern maine as far as i'm concerned !
My way of life

Offline aquaassassin

• 30 Point Buck
  • AIM SMALL... MISS SMALL
« Reply #17 on: Oct 21, 2012, 02:28:10 PM »
Pheasant suck anyway bro! It is like fishing for freshly stocked trout, simple as it gets. I refuse to pay 26 bucks in NH to only shoot 10 a year and have them stock less then they useto. You can litterally just pick them up in the thick stuff and snap a neck if you wanted to save a bullet, seen it done many times.they are basically tame. Grouse and Bunny's are where its at. WILD animals. The only thing Pheasant are good for in New England is training Puppies.
It's not being cocky if you can back it up!

Offline tcfish

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #18 on: Oct 21, 2012, 02:43:48 PM »
        I know i used to hunt the same areas years ago and had a blast every time out . Bunnies,partridge ,woodcock, squirrels and yes even pheasant !!!  Can't hardly find anything to shoot at anymore around here . pretty poor when you go out for 4-5 hours and get one
 shot off any more just sayin >>>>>>>>>  I did see the pheasant stocking guys today but bye the time i get off work they will be all shot off i suppose
« Last Edit: Oct 21, 2012, 02:46:03 PM by tcfish »
My way of life

Offline TallywackahME

• 8 Pointer
« Reply #19 on: Oct 21, 2012, 03:31:10 PM »

Yep...    My grandpa use to leash a 10 foot rope to a fast dog....

yep, we have in the past. my puppy actually got alot of work on "working close", and  "hunt slow"  (on my go pro vids you can hear me say often to him) this summer so he didnt get the short tag line treatment. pretty happy w/ how this pup works the brush. i heard his brother pointed and retrieved his first woodcock and poartridge today in vermont.

Offline tundraboy

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #20 on: Oct 21, 2012, 05:27:34 PM »
Tony those guys that go in and push the birds out are A$$'s. If you pm me your number again I will try and get you out with my dog. My phone crashed a month or so ago and I lost all the numbers I had stored. Tallywaker the slow dogs are great and if I did not have too many dogs now I would look into a pup.lol Im still hooked on the GSPs though. Nothing like seeing one run full tilt and almost fall over as it snaps into a solid point. That picture you posted with the rock that said hole was awesome. Brought back so many memories, We used to hunt that area pretty hard . 

Offline L2 HUNT

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #21 on: Oct 21, 2012, 05:51:39 PM »
I love to hunt woodcock, and have to agree that a slower dog is better. My gsp does run hard and busted a lot of birds but love her just the same, my wife had to have a wieimaraner puppy so i will try to train it on the birds.

Offline TallywackahME

• 8 Pointer
« Reply #22 on: Oct 21, 2012, 06:03:29 PM »
another thing about slower dogs is that they are alot more steady and dont run out of gas. we used to go up to camp for a week and hunt instead of the 2 days now but they woud go all day everyday and not get burned out by 2pm

not sure how they do it but those beagles in the pics go anywheres from 15-18 miles a day!!!
« Last Edit: Oct 21, 2012, 06:04:19 PM by TallywackahME »

Offline L2 HUNT

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #23 on: Oct 21, 2012, 06:04:07 PM »
Here he is at 15the weeks named benelli

Offline tundraboy

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #24 on: Oct 22, 2012, 04:55:24 PM »
Sweet looking pup. Nothing any funner than traing pups....

Offline Spikehorn11

• 8 Pointer
« Reply #25 on: Dec 10, 2012, 05:54:02 AM »
here's a pic from last monday up to camp. rained hard and the wind blew but i managed 6 w/ my 8month old griffon. we see a ton of road birds but after you hunt w/ dogs, ground swattin' aint nearly as fun so we drove by 'em.

Great looking Griff. I just ut a deposit down on one and should have my pup in July.

Offline mookie

• Non-typical 13 Pointer
  • Amigo
« Reply #26 on: Dec 10, 2012, 06:01:05 AM »

That is a handsome Mugg  ;D ;D ;D ;D Can't wait for next fall Matt  ;D ;D Grouse time now tho ... send me a text when you can go I got the itch  ;)
I am entitled to possess technology equal to that of those who would threaten my liberties.  - "Wizzard of Bog"
  Hunting is a sport and supposed to be fun, and anything that takes that out of the equation I oppose with all of my being.

Offline Spikehorn11

• 8 Pointer
« Reply #27 on: Dec 10, 2012, 06:05:33 AM »

That is a handsome Mugg  ;D ;D ;D ;D Can't wait for next fall Matt  ;D ;D Grouse time now tho ... send me a text when you can go I got the itch  ;)

Will do. I plan on trying to fill another tag with the smoke pole.

Offline Tree Garth

• Nubbie
« Reply #28 on: Mar 03, 2013, 03:32:47 PM »
Here's a pic of my female GSP Dakota..

Tim Cote
Cote & Son Guide Service
Gray, Maine
www.tcoteguideservice.com

Offline chuckrudy

• 10 Pointer