Author Topic: Fantasy Foobtball 2012  (Read 13966 times)

halfrack33

Fantasy Foobtball 2012
« on: Sep 04, 2012, 10:20:31 PM »
Anyone else into fantasy football?? This is my first year doing it and I'm pretty pumped! What does everyone else have for Teams?
Here's my roster, just need to sub out Lynch for Williams in week one and get rid of Sanchez who I got stuck with after a sarcastic pick. I'm thinking Andy Dalton or Russell Wilson.

STARTERS
Matt Ryan
LeSean McCoy
Marshawn Lynch
Julio Jones
Jordy Nelson
Doug Martin
Jermichael Finley
Mason Crosby
Eagles Defense

BACKUPS
Kevin Smith
Antonio Brown
DeAngelo Williams
Justin Blackman
Brent Celek
James Jones
Mark Sanchez

Offline Chucker

• 12 Pointer
Re: Fantasy Foobtball 2012
« Reply #1 on: Sep 05, 2012, 05:53:19 AM »
I've been playing with the same core group of guys for 9-10 years now.
I'm bound to stay where you sleep all day, Where they hung the jerk that invented work, in the Big Rock Candy Mountains.

Offline bogmanjr

• 30 Point Buck
  • Amigo
« Reply #2 on: Sep 05, 2012, 06:28:06 AM »
Nope don't know the first thing about it. :)
" Those who forge their guns into plows will plow for those who did not " Thomas Jefferson.

Offline lewk24

• 10 Pointer
« Reply #3 on: Sep 05, 2012, 07:58:26 AM »
Solid roster halfrack. Jordy is supposed to blow up this year...but with that receiving corps of GB who knows. Is you league PPR (point per reception)? That can change things. I am in one that is and one that isn't. A lot of the smaller backs like Darren Sproles who catch a lot of passes are way more valuable in PPR. Good luck man...so pumped that football is back!

Luke

Offline aquaassassin

• 30 Point Buck
  • AIM SMALL... MISS SMALL
« Reply #4 on: Sep 05, 2012, 08:44:17 AM »
Never done it, would love to get into it but don't want it to interfere with my insane schedule in the fall. Looks like a blast I am a walking stat sheet in my head like Rainman.

Fyi. I am not a fan of him but if you get a chance I suggest picking up Eddie Royal. I think with manning at the helm in Denver this year he may finally be what he has supposed to have been...........
It's not being cocky if you can back it up!

halfrack33

« Reply #5 on: Sep 05, 2012, 12:31:50 PM »
Honestly, I've never been a huge football fan because it was in the middle of hunting season, but I think this will be fun. It's 10 guys, 5 of which have never played fantasy. It was a $50 buy in and payouts are 350, 100, 50. I'm most likely taking the year off from hunting, so I'll spend my little free time with this.This league does count PPR as well as additional points for TD's and yardages. I only made one HUGE mistake.... I was third pick and was so focused on getting running back's early that I didn't realize that Aaron Rodgers was available and I picked LeSean McCoy instead... IDIOT!!! He's still a good choice, but definitely won't have the points of Rodgers.

Offline lewk24

• 10 Pointer
« Reply #6 on: Sep 05, 2012, 12:47:06 PM »
That's rough. I would have taken Rodgers first overall if I had the chance...maybe that is a little bias because I am a GB fan. I had the 10th pick in my $50 money draft so I got Calvin Johnson. By far the best WR in the league but still wish I had a better pick. Good luck this year man.

Luke

Offline aquaassassin

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #7 on: Sep 05, 2012, 01:44:32 PM »
Why no hunting this season Half? If you don't mind me asking........ NM if it is personal..........

halfrack33

« Reply #8 on: Sep 05, 2012, 02:16:10 PM »
Why no hunting this season Half? If you don't mind me asking........ NM if it is personal..........

I'll be out of town for 10 weeks for work and I just bought a house that I need to get done and moved into asap so it seems like trying to fit in hunting will mean putting other things off which will just make me more stressed in the long run. Right now, I commute an hour each way to work, usually work 10 hours or so a day, and am trying to finish the house on nights and weekends to save money. I'll probably get out for some ducks a couple times, but that's about it unfortunately. It's killing me, but I just need to get my personal life organized before devoting time to hobbies. BUT, at least I'll be hunting vicariously through you guys!

halfrack33

« Reply #9 on: Sep 05, 2012, 02:17:57 PM »
That's rough. I would have taken Rodgers first overall if I had the chance...maybe that is a little bias because I am a GB fan. I had the 10th pick in my $50 money draft so I got Calvin Johnson. By far the best WR in the league but still wish I had a better pick. Good luck this year man.

Luke

I know... sad. Johnson's still an amazing pick, I wanted him bad. I think he went 7th in our draft? He is on the cover of madden this year though  :o

Offline lewk24

• 10 Pointer
« Reply #10 on: Sep 05, 2012, 02:24:26 PM »
I'll be out of town for 10 weeks for work and I just bought a house that I need to get done and moved into asap so it seems like trying to fit in hunting will mean putting other things off which will just make me more stressed in the long run. Right now, I commute an hour each way to work, usually work 10 hours or so a day, and am trying to finish the house on nights and weekends to save money. I'll probably get out for some ducks a couple times, but that's about it unfortunately. It's killing me, but I just need to get my personal life organized before devoting time to hobbies. BUT, at least I'll be hunting vicariously through you guys!

Haha sucks when life gets in the way! Congrats on the house though.

I know... sad. Johnson's still an amazing pick, I wanted him bad. I think he went 7th in our draft? He is on the cover of madden this year though  :o

Yeah he is a beast. I just hate rooting for someone in the same division as my team. I think Brandon Mashall will kill it this year too...sucks.

Luke

Offline aquaassassin

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #11 on: Sep 05, 2012, 02:48:37 PM »
Never good when they get the covr of Madden curse. Everytime they get hurt or suck!

Offline lewk24

• 10 Pointer
« Reply #12 on: Sep 05, 2012, 03:06:25 PM »
Never good when they get the covr of Madden curse. Everytime they get hurt or suck!

haha that is why I wasnt mad that Rodgers wasnt on the cover after they won the SB!

Luke

halfrack33

« Reply #13 on: Sep 05, 2012, 03:54:27 PM »
Antonio Brown with 24 projected points this week... Pretttty good backup!  8)

Offline monk

• 8 Pointer
  • I'd rather be outdoors
« Reply #14 on: Sep 05, 2012, 09:44:11 PM »
Love Fantasy Foobtball, been in the same two leagues for nearly 15 years!

GO REDSKINS!!!
« Last Edit: Sep 05, 2012, 09:45:14 PM by monk »
 MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN! God Bless America!
"Old age is like everything else. To make a success of it, you've got to start young."
Theodore Rooseve

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal