Author Topic: stringing steel!  (Read 7053 times)

Offline mschott

• 6 Pointer
Re: stringing steel!
« Reply #15 on: Jul 23, 2012, 09:00:09 PM »
I didn't trap last year - gonna try and give it a go this year though.Fox coyotes and coons are my main target once ya get through the possums that is lol . I've got to have a few out in December  for when my son comes home from his deployment thats the first thing he wants to do is run a trap line .
Bad decisions make for good stories !

Offline trapperjohn87

• Forked
  • can't wait to string some steel
« Reply #16 on: Jul 24, 2012, 05:41:59 AM »
Well I wish u both the best of luck and thank ur son for me for serving his country

Offline FRESHBAIT

• Forked
« Reply #17 on: Jul 25, 2012, 11:55:44 PM »
mschott,

I know the feeling about being deployed and wanting to just get home and gettn' out in the woods.  Thats pretty much what I do everytime I come back,  I take my boys ages 6-1/2 and 5 out the next day that I get back and we get out either in the woods or out on the water. 

Offline aquaassassin

• 30 Point Buck
  • AIM SMALL... MISS SMALL
« Reply #18 on: Jul 26, 2012, 04:39:20 PM »
Thank your son for me Mschott, and thank you Freshbait for serving!
It's not being cocky if you can back it up!

Offline mschott

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #19 on: Jul 29, 2012, 07:50:23 AM »
Thanks Aqua and Freshbait i will tell him and Thank You Freshbait for your service !!!
Bad decisions make for good stories !

Offline TRAPPER7

• Nubbie
« Reply #20 on: Sep 12, 2012, 09:25:20 AM »
all set ready to go

Offline slt

• 8 Pointer
« Reply #21 on: Oct 08, 2012, 04:46:04 PM »
I throw some steel out every year pretty much. trying to get into the canines but where I am not its tough...

I feel your pain brother....have managed a couple red's and gray's but can't seem to fool a coyote.....yet....Took up water trapping last year which is apparently where everbody else starts and had better luck. I'm gonna keep after the 'yotes though, hope you do the same.
Fight crime. Shoot back!

Offline johndeere540

• 8 Pointer
  • If the lead aint flyin, the backstrap aint fryin!
« Reply #22 on: Oct 15, 2012, 06:11:03 PM »
I feel your pain brother....have managed a couple red's and gray's but can't seem to fool a coyote.....yet....Took up water trapping last year which is apparently where everbody else starts and had better luck. I'm gonna keep after the 'yotes though, hope you do the same.
Canines are really fun and once you figure them out it is like riding a bycicle! It turns into easy instead of hard! I have no problems catching fox and yote's but really suck at the water trapping! ;)

Offline Green Mountian Hunter

• 30 Point Buck
  • FREE DROBS !!!!
« Reply #23 on: Oct 15, 2012, 06:17:18 PM »
Need to set your trap a little far there back fox tight to the hole yote about5 or 6 inches back longer nose to front feet on a yote  ;) ;)

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal