Author Topic: Here's Something Else Neat  (Read 3273 times)

Offline stillhunter

• 6 Pointer
Here's Something Else Neat
« on: Dec 09, 2011, 09:14:27 AM »
I wanted to tell this story in halfrack23's thread, but I didn't want to hijack it, So here ya go.

I'd finished checking my traps one day and decided to watch a trail for a couple hours in the afternoon and try to shoot a deer. I'd been there for maybe an hour, when I heard a "dog" bark a little ways off to my left. A minute or two later up through the woods comes a grey squirrel, running hard, with a big coyote right on his butt. I felt it was my duty to help the little guy out, so I shot the coyote. Now, all that squirrel had to do was climb any of the trees he was passing and he would have been safe. I think the coyote was so close and the squirrel so scared, he wasn't thinking about anything but putting distance between him and that coyote. Like I said in halfrack23's thread, you never know what you're going to see in the woods.

Bob

Offline johndeere540

• 8 Pointer
  • If the lead aint flyin, the backstrap aint fryin!
Re: Here's Something Else Neat
« Reply #1 on: Dec 09, 2011, 08:57:16 PM »
Thats cool but halfrack23 would have missed the Coyote even with a shotgun! Trust me I have seen him do it! ;D

Offline halfrack23

• Forked
« Reply #2 on: Dec 10, 2011, 01:42:26 AM »
hahah ok cory if id miss a coyote howdid i kill a fox today at 75 yds with my 22 lol
when the tailgate drops the bull s**t stops

Offline stillhunter

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #3 on: Dec 12, 2011, 07:22:07 AM »
Thats cool but halfrack23 would have missed the Coyote even with a shotgun! Trust me I have seen him do it! ;D

I hunt alone most of the time, so nobody knows about my misses, course I never have any help dragging either.  ;D Congrats on the fox halfrack23

Bob

Offline drobertsinMaryland

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #4 on: Dec 12, 2011, 07:26:50 AM »
Nice shooting stillhunter and Halfrack23. Congrats

Offline stillhunter

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #5 on: Dec 12, 2011, 08:35:51 AM »
Nice shooting stillhunter and Halfrack23. Congrats

Thanks!

Bob

Offline halfrack23

• Forked
« Reply #6 on: Dec 12, 2011, 11:41:14 AM »
thanks but i was a lil dejecte when i found the fox i shot 4 times thought i missed 3 well every shot hit  :(
when the tailgate drops the bull s**t stops

Offline stillhunter

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #7 on: Dec 14, 2011, 10:31:17 AM »
Good shootin' halfrack. Unless I actually see a hole, where I know whatever I'm shooting at is doomed, I keep pouring 'em on, until whatever I'm shootin at goes down, or out of sight. Learned that one the hard way on a buck when I was young.

Bob

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal