Author Topic: Electronic check-in for 2012?  (Read 1899 times)

Offline BearHunter60

• Forked
Electronic check-in for 2012?
« on: Dec 06, 2011, 01:38:26 PM »
How does everyone feel about this new option for next year. Seems like a horrible idea to me. Don't think too many deer will actually be checked in next year. I think that the state is cutting back on too much stuff and is going to end up hurting the deer heard. Hope there is still some honest hunters out there.

Offline drobertsinMaryland

• 30 Point Buck
Re: Electronic check-in for 2012?
« Reply #1 on: Dec 06, 2011, 01:40:53 PM »
Unfortunately all hunters arent honest people. We have had an electronic check in since 04. I am sure there were quite a few ghost doe's checked in so other could get there second buck tag. Probably why our buck to doe ratio is so far whacked it isnt funny.

Offline bogmanjr

• 30 Point Buck
  • Amigo
« Reply #2 on: Dec 06, 2011, 04:43:25 PM »
Seems to me if someone was inclined to cheat and not check a deer they would take it home, cut it up and get it in the freezer. Under the current system or new Electronic one the way's around it are the same. Some will not be honest. That's always going to happen no matter what system is used. We are still going to have to present the deer to a check station for The shotgun season. Electronic check in for archery and ML only.
" Those who forge their guns into plows will plow for those who did not " Thomas Jefferson.

Offline adkRoy

• 12 Pointer
  • Beware, the Ghost Deer are going to get you!!!!
« Reply #3 on: Dec 06, 2011, 04:48:06 PM »
NY has been doing it for years. There is nothing to stop someone from going out their back door, shooting a deer, dragging into their garage, butchering it and doing it all over with out calling it in or using their tags.
Tresspassing on my land is bad, Tresspassing on my land with an ATV will get you shot!

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal