Author Topic: Weasel Boxes  (Read 7813 times)

Offline halfrack23

• Forked
Re: Weasel Boxes
« Reply #15 on: Dec 07, 2011, 01:08:26 PM »
no weasels last night but heres a pic of the box now u can use a ratt trap or a jump trap they work the best but heres a pic i trap mostly Orleans county vt  ill set these around rock piles and squirrel holes in the woods once u have a lil sno u can see tracks set the box up so the hole is right next to there line of travel and boom most of the time ull catch him this year we haven't been blessed with sno so i have been setting on last years locations , and no i haven't caught a mink they don't like dark holes and i usually use coon liver or deer liver for bait b/c of the blood and the smell ...
when the tailgate drops the bull s**t stops

Offline Raquettedacker

• Cactus Buck
« Reply #16 on: Dec 07, 2011, 01:43:05 PM »
Cool..   To bad you didnt get any...
"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part..."

Offline flintlokusa

• Forked
« Reply #17 on: Dec 11, 2011, 12:06:57 PM »
3 boxes out for a week, and so far 12 mice . First time trying this, but the mice are leaving a alot of scent. I just freshened the traps with chicken heads . Still having fun, being that I am now the best mouse trapper in the woods  ;D
Keep Your Powder Dry and Flint Sharp

Offline myemmy

• 8 Pointer
« Reply #18 on: Dec 11, 2011, 05:53:05 PM »
What are the dementions of the box ???? Awhat is a jump trap   ????  THANKX

Offline flintlokusa

• Forked
« Reply #19 on: Dec 11, 2011, 06:04:34 PM »
My Boxes are 12 inches long by 6 inches square , 1 1/2 inch hole in the back covered in screen, 2 inch hole above center in the front   for the entrance. Jump trap is a kind of leg hold trap. You can check you tube, alot of boxes shown
Keep Your Powder Dry and Flint Sharp

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal