Author Topic: canine sets...  (Read 1815 times)

Offline jlaclair

• 12 Pointer
  • get closer to the woodland critters
canine sets...
« on: Dec 01, 2011, 07:22:30 PM »
well got 9 canine sets out so far, coyote and fox are my targets, got a couple fisher sets and an otter/mink sets too... Have not had anything yet, my goal is to catch a yote, never caught one and held it, had them stolen but thats it, caught a few fox though... Im trapping mountain dogs, unfortunately I am not close enough to my fathers farm country to trap them, so if i catch one here in the heart of the "Dacks" It will be that much more rewarding... Ill be pulling my traps from one location prob next week incase we get a decent amount of snow, some are 15 miles away, so if it snows id rather they be close by at a nother location.... hopefully I will have some luck, got scent pole sets and dirt hole sets, traps are boiled and waxed and put in the ground with gloves on.... any tips or suggestions would be appreciated. its been my goal to catch a yote ever since I was a little boy trapping with the ol' man who has yet to catch a yote. sorry for my ramblings just very excited
Take a Kid outside...

Offline ramrod

• 12 Pointer
Re: canine sets...
« Reply #1 on: Dec 01, 2011, 07:43:28 PM »
Caught my 1st yote this year as it was also a goal of mine. Sounds like your on the right track man.
I didnt have any action at the set till day 7. Its quite a feeling when u finally round the corner and see one dancing in circles. Best of luck to you j. :D
If vegetarians love animals so much, why do they eat all their food?   

Offline jlaclair

• 12 Pointer
  • get closer to the woodland critters
« Reply #2 on: Dec 01, 2011, 07:55:13 PM »
thanks RR!  ;D cant say im not trying
Take a Kid outside...

Offline halfrack23

• Forked
« Reply #3 on: Dec 05, 2011, 10:19:38 PM »
i learned how to trapp on my own and just did i by old books i had and it took me 2 years with alot of tweaking to catch my first yote but ill tell ya what it is rewarding it always seemed like something was wrong catching toes or sprung traps even had a couple come up missing in those 2 years but got my but together and made it happen
when the tailgate drops the bull s**t stops

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal