Author Topic: READY FOR SHOT GUN  (Read 4983 times)

Offline bucknbass

• Nubbie
READY FOR SHOT GUN
« on: Nov 27, 2005, 08:26:48 AM »
About a week left till opening day Is everybody ready.I would like to hear from you guys on how everyone made out.I took off that mon. but undecided where i am going to hunt in north Jersey.GOOD LUCK TO ALL. ;D

Offline bayonne

• Forked
Re: READY FOR SHOT GUN
« Reply #1 on: Nov 27, 2005, 02:48:15 PM »
were in nj you from if your north west try alumunchy state park some real nice bucks come from thier every year 10 -12 pointers im talking if you have a zone 8 permit thiers lots of huge does aswell good luck were ever you hunt im going the hole week on vacation ill be hunting zone 7 clinton w.m.a im not spending all kinds of money on multple permits at $28 a pop that gets to be to much hope to see you post something

Offline bucknbass

• Nubbie
« Reply #2 on: Nov 28, 2005, 06:15:40 PM »
were in nj you from if your north west try alumunchy state park some real nice bucks come from thier every year 10 -12 pointers im talking if you have a zone 8 permit thiers lots of huge does aswell good luck were ever you hunt im going the hole week on vacation ill be hunting zone 7 clinton w.m.a im not spending all kinds of money on multple permits at $28 a pop that gets to be to much hope to see you post something
never hunted alumunchy would you be able to give me a starting point or how to get there.I would like to scout some new spots.Any info. would be greatly appreciated.I was out tonight for muzz. in zone 2 did not see anything.

Offline bayonne

• Forked
« Reply #3 on: Nov 28, 2005, 07:48:41 PM »
you get thier from rt 46 in hacetts town or rt 206 warterlew village it runs between both on county 517 and county 604 south of rt 80 is zone 8 north of rt 80 is zone 6 the ranger station is off rt 604 in stevens state park section great trout fishing hear aswell they have a map of the hunting areas ask for both sections thiers one called deer park its open to deer hunting only you hike in from 604 or thiers a acsess road off 517 called deer park road it goes thru two ridges has a couple of parking areas and a buitiful lake 1/4 to 1/2 a mile in past the last paking lot the road can get soupy but yull love it back in thier yull be amazed at the size of the deer that come out of alumunchy a noter section is jefferson lake its close to 206 and runs from 604 to cranberrie lake this park covers miles you can usally find a spot to your self some spots get crowded scout and put in yhe time and you will be in good shape hope this helps

Offline bucknbass

• Nubbie
« Reply #4 on: Dec 03, 2005, 05:51:32 PM »
you get thier from rt 46 in hacetts town or rt 206 warterlew village it runs between both on county 517 and county 604 south of rt 80 is zone 8 north of rt 80 is zone 6 the ranger station is off rt 604 in stevens state park section great trout fishing hear aswell they have a map of the hunting areas ask for both sections thiers one called deer park its open to deer hunting only you hike in from 604 or thiers a acsess road off 517 called deer park road it goes thru two ridges has a couple of parking areas and a buitiful lake 1/4 to 1/2 a mile in past the last paking lot the road can get soupy but yull love it back in thier yull be amazed at the size of the deer that come out of alumunchy a noter section is jefferson lake its close to 206 and runs from 604 to cranberrie lake this park covers miles you can usally find a spot to your self some spots get crowded scout and put in yhe time and you will be in good shape hope this helps
Thanks for the info.Going to scout it out for next year,not enough time for this year.I'll be hunting on my buddy's property in vernon.Let me know how you made out GOOD LUCK.

Offline bayonne

• Forked
« Reply #5 on: Dec 04, 2005, 11:35:18 AM »
good luck to you aswell going with two other guys to clinton w.m.a day after thanksgiving walked up on a 11 point and 8 point together standing in the middle of a stream it was anterless only hope to get a shot at them tomorrow

Offline bayonne

• Forked
« Reply #6 on: Dec 06, 2005, 06:23:48 PM »
been out both days of the six day fire arm the deer arent moving and not many guys hunting were im at thats adding to it think alot of them are hunting in bear zones so they have a chance at one ive never seen clinton w.m.a this empty lees tha a dozen in the hole place so far hope saturday they come out to get the deer moving

Offline bucknbass

• Nubbie
« Reply #7 on: Dec 07, 2005, 04:36:06 PM »
been out both days of the six day fire arm the deer arent moving and not many guys hunting were im at thats adding to it think alot of them are hunting in bear zones so they have a chance at one ive never seen clinton w.m.a this empty lees tha a dozen in the hole place so far hope saturday they come out to get the deer moving
My buddy got a small bear on opening day.I have only seen does.Seen two small does tonight,hope to see something in the next 3 days.After that looking forward to permit shot gun and muzz.Just got a new thomson center omega with a 2x9 tasco scope.Can not wait to take my first deer.Keep in touch hope you get a shot at one of those bucks you seen. GOOD LUCK !

Offline bayonne

• Forked
« Reply #8 on: Dec 08, 2005, 07:07:19 PM »
my buddy has on its awsome ive shot it at the range very acurate he uses a red dot scope wish i could get one my self but dont see it happening any time soon was out again today saw nothing and no shooting till last light then heard some but not many

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal