Author Topic: Got one on my first try  (Read 4282 times)

Offline tucker

• 6 Pointer
  • What are you lookin at?
Got one on my first try
« on: Nov 07, 2005, 07:07:39 AM »
Got my trapping license this year to get rid of some problem beavers on my parents farm.  Got a 220, chain, name tag (need one in NY), got the perfect spot and set it and got one on my first try.  Yep, got my hand as I was leaving. :-X  Hurt like hell.  Got me right across the knuckles.  Worst part was I was taking the 16 year old son of my wife's boss out bowhunting and he saw the whole thing.  It is bad enough to do it but when there are witnesses it is even worse.  Oh well, live and learn, at least is wasn't a 330.

Offline adkRoy

• 12 Pointer
  • Beware, the Ghost Deer are going to get you!!!!
Re: Got one on my first try
« Reply #1 on: Nov 07, 2005, 12:03:39 PM »
Are you going to have it mounted or are you going to stretch the skin and sell the hide :D
Tresspassing on my land is bad, Tresspassing on my land with an ATV will get you shot!

Offline tucker

• 6 Pointer
  • What are you lookin at?
« Reply #2 on: Nov 07, 2005, 01:37:03 PM »
well the skin has turned a nice blue color with a hint of black around the edges.  i am just glad no bones broke

Offline MoosemanKris

• 6 Pointer
  • Tight Lines ans Straight Shooting
    • Silvertip Archers
« Reply #3 on: Nov 07, 2005, 03:37:33 PM »
You like it you like it. You like the pain. ;D  :-\
Bagged to date:
9 grouse
6 squirrels
1 MIA Rabbitt

Offline MASTERGUIDE

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #4 on: Nov 07, 2005, 07:16:57 PM »
That will happen sooner or later, good thing it was now, so it won't happen for a while probably.  I talked to the fur buyer today and beaver are up a little this year, I am going to get out soon because the season just opened and I have been watching a few ponds fill up with beaver.

MASTERGUIDE

Offline MoosemanKris

• 6 Pointer
  • Tight Lines ans Straight Shooting
    • Silvertip Archers
« Reply #5 on: Nov 08, 2005, 12:29:37 PM »
it's kind of like hitting your arm with your bow string right? You won't do it again for a long time!
Bagged to date:
9 grouse
6 squirrels
1 MIA Rabbitt

Offline MASTERGUIDE

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #6 on: Nov 09, 2005, 11:37:52 PM »
no its different, instead of a nice red welt on your arm, it can break your arm if hit right with a 330, just don't ever check a beaver set with your hands under the ice, even if you think there is one in the trap, if you get caught, you could be there a while and either have your arm frozen and later amputated or even die, it is not fun.

MASTERGUIDE

Offline Deer-Downer

• 6 Pointer
  • Total deer taken in my life....7.... still count'n
« Reply #7 on: Nov 11, 2005, 08:56:01 PM »
 Well I sure am look'n forward to the Trapping season hop'n to get some Coyotes Mink and Rabbits and maybe a Fox. ;D ;D
I May Be Small But I Hunt Big!!

!!Hunting!! I'm in it for the !!BUCKS!!

Deer-Downer

Offline MASTERGUIDE

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #8 on: Nov 12, 2005, 02:47:51 AM »
Muskrat and beaver are going high as well as those mentioned, coon is kinda slow, early skins are plentiful and are saturating the market, better to wait and go after those when they prime up, which they are starting to right now, I got two tonight and they seem to look good, I haven't skinned them yet though.  My coon dog put them up the same tree, what a hunt, I had 4 first time hunters with me, they were pumped, they all want coon hounds now.

MASTERGUIDE

Offline Deer-Downer

• 6 Pointer
  • Total deer taken in my life....7.... still count'n
« Reply #9 on: Jan 11, 2006, 07:12:55 PM »
 Muskrat is going hi that is good I sure hope I can get something that is hi got a Squirel in my my Rabbit That is OK it was big and it gace me a good tail and 6 to 8" :D :D.Besides needed to take care of some we went from 4 or 5 to 20 or 30 in 3 months it is because I wasn't using my Pellet gun eneough now I am setting Traps up fpr them it is fun. ;D ;D
I May Be Small But I Hunt Big!!

!!Hunting!! I'm in it for the !!BUCKS!!

Deer-Downer

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal