Author Topic: rabbits  (Read 12217 times)

Offline reubenpa

• Forked
  • OH MY... I can't stop shaking!!!
Re: rabbits
« Reply #15 on: Aug 26, 2004, 09:12:05 PM »
Reub,  I feel sorry for them for the "aggressive" Pastor.  I am down with the Redneck part. ;)

As far as the running part, I have heard about guys who drop their hyper dogs off about a mile or so before the hunt spot and run them the rest of the way to get them calmed down some.  This is about the extent of Dog knowledge from this guy. :-\

I like stuff like wrestling, and tough trucks, and muscles, and wouldn't mind boxing a little...   that is what I mean by aggressive, so the tough and rambuctious dog would have been my first chouce so I could wrestle it, but now I know better.

Figured I would explain the "aggressive"  just in case it was misunderstood...   I like to spin tires, but I try not to as my rubber is expensive.....  lol
Come on Archery season

Offline PA_BOWHUNTER

• 6 Pointer
  • Jigwiggler doesn't really apply here.
« Reply #16 on: Aug 28, 2004, 12:33:06 PM »
PA,

Can you use a check cord or is the area to dense with foilage?

TReed

It is too dense this time of year but much will be knocked down after the first snowfall.  I think my best bet is to wait until then before starting more serious training.  That way I can see the tracks he smells and know for sure what he's running.  I agree a check cord is a good ides as is positive reenforcement.   Always seem to have better luck with finished positive reenforcement verses the alternative.  Thanks guys.

Offline Dave H

• Nubbie
« Reply #17 on: Dec 15, 2005, 06:05:55 AM »
I'm glad I'm not the only one with a spoiled Bitch /Dog left in the world I have a Stumped tailed Blue heeler Bitch .Who comes to the name of Niffty .She is my constant shadow & fights for her share of our bed ! When we pcked her ( I should say she picked us ) She was the first of the litter that came to us & was the Runt (looking at her now laying at my feet you would'nt have guessed it ) she loves nothing better than a good morning of Rabbiting & loves to Hunt Kangaroos with me ! In fact she's the only one who I trust to hunt with me when I'm out working!

Dave

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal