Author Topic: Turkey Vests  (Read 7157 times)

Offline rjhulbert

• 6 Pointer
Turkey Vests
« on: Mar 16, 2011, 07:31:59 PM »
I am in the market for a new turkey hunting vest anyone have any suggestions looking for a durable, comfortable, and best usage for all calls room wise slate, box call, locators, and what not. Thank you in advance for advice. I know H.S. STRUT S.U.V. (sportsman's utility vest) at wally world is $40.00 but I don't know if it will last most wally world stuff don't

Offline upstatehunter

• 30 Point Buck
Re: Turkey Vests
« Reply #1 on: Mar 16, 2011, 07:52:10 PM »
Had that one RJ. Worked well, but the decoy pouch was a little small. Only thing I found wrong.

Offline Rebelfisher

• 6 Pointer
  • Kill Many Things!!
« Reply #2 on: Mar 16, 2011, 07:54:22 PM »
they are tough to get a good one...usually a manufacturer comes out with something different every year...and ya have to hit it right to find the one you're lookin for...
If its BROWN...Its DOWN!!!      If it FLYS...It DIES!!!

Offline rjhulbert

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #3 on: Mar 17, 2011, 12:00:25 PM »
they are tough to get a good one...usually a manufacturer comes out with something different every year...and ya have to hit it right to find the one you're lookin for...

your killing me thats not advice thats a statement lol jk busting ba##s thats all hope your ok with that I was hoping some had good ones they would recommend I know the one I have that I am getting away from the slate has to be a mini or it won't fit in the holder I usually have a mini and a reg slate and 3 sticks, box, call and diaphragms and locators and thats just for calls 2 hen decoy's and a jake but thank you rebel I will start shopping around and read lots of reviews

Offline rjhulbert

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #5 on: Mar 17, 2011, 12:15:59 PM »
ahhh yes what I am looking for thanks drobs I have gone through almost half the reviews and so far so good any personal reviews you have the site doesn't show many picks of it but I was hoping you could tell me how the pockets are a few of the post suggest that they are more than good just double checking not one who likes to invest before absolutely sure

Offline drobertsinMaryland

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #6 on: Mar 17, 2011, 12:22:03 PM »
Give me a few minutes and I'll take some pics for you. ;) Plenty of space.

Offline rjhulbert

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #7 on: Mar 17, 2011, 12:31:56 PM »
you didn't have to do that sorry I appreciate it though

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #8 on: Mar 17, 2011, 12:39:46 PM »
No problem I dont mind, it should help you make your decision. ;) Plenty of room in the back pocket to carry a bird or decoys. As you can see I took pics of the inside as well and its loaded with pocket. Foam padded neck for comfort. I highly recommend it.

Offline rjhulbert

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #9 on: Mar 17, 2011, 12:46:34 PM »
yeah you need to send them pics to cabela's and tell them you will gladly take commission for the pics  ;D ;D ;D ;D thanks drobs shows way more than it does and you know the price is almost double of what H.S. new S.U.V.'s are but honestly I got my last one at wally world and the zipper broke the 2 weeks into season and I just dealt with it thanks for the help drobs looks like I may be getting this vest

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #10 on: Mar 17, 2011, 12:50:18 PM »
lol No problem. When I deer hunt off the ground, I use the seat from this vest. I have not had any clips or zippers break on it yet.

Offline Coach

• 6 Pointer
  • member of the Durham Boys
« Reply #11 on: Mar 20, 2011, 07:45:52 PM »
I have an LL Beans Double L Turkey vest and my son has their Technical Turkey Vest. We both love our vest and with their products having a guaranteed to give 100% satisfaction in every way or return it for a full refund, it's hard to beat that.

Here is the link  http://www.llbean.com/llb/search?storeId=1&catalogId=1&langId=-1&init=1&freeText=turkey+vest&Go=
2011 Buck Wild, 2012 Tine Lords

Offline rjhulbert

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #12 on: Mar 20, 2011, 09:07:26 PM »
was looking at them the other day as well but $99 for the one are they worth it? I know they guarantee their product kinda a bonus for the purchase to have it forever any issues with them?

Offline bamaboy

• Forked
« Reply #13 on: Mar 21, 2011, 02:13:08 PM »
I swapped out my vest last year for a fanny pack by HS Strut. It holds all my stuff and isnt as hot as a vest. I love it!
TalkHunting Magazine Pro Staff    www.talkhunting.com
UFA Member   www.unitedforumsassoc.com

Offline rjhulbert

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #14 on: Mar 22, 2011, 07:45:50 AM »
I have an LL Beans Double L Turkey vest and my son has their Technical Turkey Vest. We both love our vest and with their products having a guaranteed to give 100% satisfaction in every way or return it for a full refund, it's hard to beat that.

Here is the link  http://www.llbean.com/llb/search?storeId=1&catalogId=1&langId=-1&init=1&freeText=turkey+vest&Go=

Hows your son like the Technical Turkey Vest looking like that may be the one I get

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal