Author Topic: knock knock....who's there?  (Read 5104 times)

Offline dan_lais

• 6 Pointer
  • can't wait for May 1st!!!
knock knock....who's there?
« on: Mar 15, 2011, 07:21:37 PM »
It's me.i went yesterday to meet the guy who owns the property behind my house to ask if i could turkey hunt it this spring.sure enough he said yes to turkeys only which is fine.now i can walk out my back door and hunt birds!!!i checked the overhead map and it has a ton of potential.there is a patch of hard woods surrounded by fields and i can use the hedgerows to get in where i need to.now only time will tell which route they use but hey it should be easy to run out during april and pattern them.and to put them to bed so i know right where they are once season opens.if ya couldnt tell im very excited.this property makes 10 or 11 i can go to.not all the spots i can go alone but with the guy who has permission on a couple.hulbert and i are goin out friday to knock on some more doors.ya can never have too many!!!

Proper Prior Planning Prevents Piss Poor Performance!!!!!!!!

Offline Raquettedacker

• Cactus Buck
Re: knock knock....who's there?
« Reply #1 on: Mar 15, 2011, 07:36:15 PM »
Thats great Dan...  Hlad to hear that..
"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part..."

Offline rjhulbert

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #2 on: Mar 15, 2011, 07:44:27 PM »
more rights more property = minimal disturbance to the birds aka greater killing possabilities

Offline Rebelfisher

• 6 Pointer
  • Kill Many Things!!
« Reply #3 on: Mar 16, 2011, 06:51:44 PM »
Im all about low impact scouting....
If its BROWN...Its DOWN!!!      If it FLYS...It DIES!!!

Offline dan_lais

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #4 on: Mar 16, 2011, 07:53:48 PM »
i got vague property lines from the owner so i went down to the town building and found out there is 100 acres back there and got exact boundries.im pumped and even more pumped to know im the only one that has the permission to hunt there!its good to have ins and names to use!

Offline upstatehunter

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #5 on: Mar 16, 2011, 08:05:17 PM »
Way to go, never hurts to ask. Remember to take him something for letting you hunt. Goes a long ways towards relationship and who knows maybe deer will be next.  ;)

Offline drobertsinMaryland

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #6 on: Mar 16, 2011, 08:24:59 PM »
Way to go, never hurts to ask. Remember to take him something for letting you hunt. Goes a long ways towards relationship and who knows maybe deer will be next.  ;)
Great advice. 8)

Offline rjhulbert

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #7 on: Mar 17, 2011, 11:50:44 AM »

Oh he takes care of him the guy he got the property from does sap so we are going to help him run the lines and anything else with it we always take care of those who let us hunt their land whether is posting the property, cutting brush back or what not if they want a hand we do it most of them don't want or eat the meat  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Offline upstatehunter

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #8 on: Mar 17, 2011, 01:51:49 PM »
Good deal guys!! Does wonders to the way other land owners think about allowing people as well.  ;D
Your doing it right!!

Offline rjhulbert

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #9 on: Mar 18, 2011, 02:27:30 PM »
oh what a great day got 2 more prime spots even saw 17 birds on the one 2 weeks and we'll be out trying to get more never can have enough dan should be a sales man they can't say no to him

Offline dan_lais

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #10 on: Mar 18, 2011, 03:19:01 PM »
no salesman here!!just got lucky that the ones i asked said yes.i cannot believe these 2 we just got....by prime we mean really prime.no exageration this one property we pass to go home and if you drive by 10 times you see birds 9 if not all 10.cmon may 1st

Offline Raquettedacker

• Cactus Buck
« Reply #11 on: Mar 18, 2011, 03:45:01 PM »
Sounds like a good spot Dan..  I hope you guys have lots of luck...
"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part..."

Offline dan_lais

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #12 on: Mar 18, 2011, 04:57:21 PM »
well we are putting in the work of asking now then in a couple weeks we will take a walk out there to get the lay of the land and try to pattern them as to how they end up there.we usually drive by around9-10 oclock,but you know how hunting goes nothing is gauranteed.

Offline rjhulbert

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #13 on: Mar 18, 2011, 08:50:52 PM »
i hope we can get a hold of the people who weren't home and connect the properties kinda did the math on total property we would have access to and its HUGE

Offline dan_lais

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #14 on: Mar 18, 2011, 11:47:36 PM »
well if we get the other 2 we will connect 5 properties which go about 2 miles long.....yea id say that is ALOT.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal