Author Topic: Deer and a Fox  (Read 1553 times)

Offline drobertsinMaryland

• 30 Point Buck
Deer and a Fox
« on: Jan 04, 2011, 05:36:39 AM »
Well I checked the trail cams and didnt see any buck with antlers. I took my Moultire up on the Mountain and set it up on my buddies spot(With his consent of course). My Covert is still on the trail I think Tiny uses at my normal spot. Check out the last pic is that a shed out buck I see? The first two pics are from  up on the mountain.

Offline Raquettedacker

• Cactus Buck
Re: Deer and a Fox
« Reply #1 on: Jan 04, 2011, 05:54:53 AM »
Nice pictures Drobs...   Those are some sweet rubs in the first ones...  Strange place for them with all those rocks around..
"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part..."

Offline LIBERAL HATER

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #2 on: Jan 04, 2011, 07:03:38 AM »
nice pics Drobs.... gets you excited for next year already

Offline upstatehunter

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #3 on: Jan 04, 2011, 08:46:08 AM »
Doesn't look to good that Tiny will still have antlers. Last one does look like a shed buck.
Those rubs are pretty impressive though.

Offline drobertsinMaryland

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #4 on: Jan 04, 2011, 12:04:02 PM »
I am a little worried about that upstatehunter. Now hunting for me has just become harder. I pride myself on not shooting button bucks and year and a half old bucks. Now not only do I have to make sure its not a button buck but make sure its a nice doe and not a small shed out buck.

Those rubs are nice and the 90 acres he hunts on is littered with them. I dont think a giant buck made them but I bet its a respectable buck. Those in the pics are just outside a small pine grove along a hillside. The deer actually have trails going thru rock formations around this piece of property. My buddy claims he hasnt seen a buck there all year. Granted he doesnt hunt a whole lot through out the season. I'm helping him do some scouting and hopefully get his boys on a deer this Friday and Saturday on the last two days of firearms season. Looks like we are headed in the right direction.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal