Author Topic: Alberta Moose Hunt - 2005  (Read 4554 times)

Offline unclebuck

• Nubbie
Alberta Moose Hunt - 2005
« on: Oct 09, 2005, 09:36:33 AM »
Just got back from a week in the bush of northern Alberta.  Our group of 4 each shot his bull, the largest of which was 53".  The rest were "eating moose."  The work will continue Sunday(today)with the cutting, wrapping, & mandatory beer drinking. ;D  There were several other groups from town camped on the same site that hunt in different areas than what we do and out of 7 tags, they managed to fill 5.  All in all, a freezer filling expedition.
He who has the gold makes the rules!!!

Offline carphunter

• Forked
Re: Alberta Moose Hunt - 2005
« Reply #1 on: Oct 10, 2005, 12:17:42 PM »
Hi Unclebuck, welcome to MHF. Congratulation's on your hunt for moose. I am going to pick your brain a little if that's OK. Are you a resident of Alberta? Were you on a guided hunt? If so, who was the outfitter? What part of Alberta were you hunting? Several friend's and I are looking at booking a moose hunt there in 07 and I thought I would ask you a few question's. Thank's for any info you can give me.
          Jim
AKA carpcatcher

Offline unclebuck

• Nubbie
« Reply #2 on: Oct 13, 2005, 07:09:25 AM »
I am a resident of Alberta.  We have hunted 527 in northwest Alberta for quite a few years, and over that time, we have become familar with the area.  I do not know if there is a outfitter in that area, as we have not used one.
He who has the gold makes the rules!!!

Offline thedeerhunter

• Nubbie
« Reply #3 on: Dec 21, 2006, 11:13:42 PM »
 HI carphunter. i noticed you are looking to book a hunt in alberta . it is a great place to hunt  i use to hunt there myself  i use to live 20 minutes north of edmonton.  i now live in saskatchewan and would like you to know if you do not already know that we have awsome moose hunting, elk hunting , and deer hunting here as well. i was just talking to one of the guys doing a moose survey in the two zones i hunt and they said in these two zones alone they counted 1600 moose and had a little more to do in the area we seen 14 moose the first day  and 3 more later on in the week but we were elk hunting on the forest fringe  and didnt see as many on the farm lands as in the bush i think he said there were about 43 or 53 bull's to 100 cow's a great ratio well better anyway . but the hunting is great here you might like to check it out. maybe i shouldn't say anything. next year after the calving season there should be moose all over the place.  good luck on your endeavor's

« Last Edit: Dec 21, 2006, 11:17:34 PM by thedeerhunter »

Offline brett

• Spiked
« Reply #4 on: Feb 25, 2007, 07:43:44 PM »
Sounds like it was a fun good time. ;D
I love to hunt!

Offline jman985

• Forked
« Reply #5 on: Oct 08, 2011, 06:59:26 PM »
Wow sounds like you guys had a good hunt!

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal