Author Topic: back at it again  (Read 2012 times)

Offline Professor Backstrap

• Forked
  • huntin bucks and drivin trucks... thats how i roll
back at it again
« on: Nov 13, 2010, 12:36:10 PM »
well i didn't get to go hunting all week due to a busy schedule. finally got to go in last night and i decided to go to the "t" stand. it seemed like that was the direction the deer that lh saw yesterday morning were headed. sure enough thats where they went except i jumped them walking into the stand because it got there kind of late. then at like 5 mins til dark a deer stepped out of the swamp behind me but never presented a clear shot. saw mr 8 in the neighbors yard last night and decided to go to the "saddle" this morning. about 100yds to my left through the brushy ground below i can make out a white tail flickering and by the time i focused in with my binos it was gone. i could hear it stepping on a branch every now and then but still no visual. about a half hour later i turn to look behind me and there it is about 60yds out running the opposite direction. i got down out of my stan at 8 am because i was hungry and no sooner than i hit the ground there is a doe 30 yds in front of me eating acorns. i had no shot due to the brush in my way but if i had been a little more patient i would have had a dead deer. but o well you learn from your mistakes. headin back to the "t" stand tonight and goin in early this time  :)

Offline bogmanjr

• 30 Point Buck
  • Amigo
Re: back at it again
« Reply #1 on: Nov 13, 2010, 04:17:10 PM »
Why are all the deer at the stand's I was sitting in NOW.  Geez maybe they know their safe.  ;D ;D ;D  Keep after em Zack you'll tip another one over before I get back.
" Those who forge their guns into plows will plow for those who did not " Thomas Jefferson.

Offline upstatehunter

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #2 on: Nov 13, 2010, 04:50:43 PM »
Hmmm, you still saw more deer in a day than I have all season... 8)
I'm betting one of ya finds the 8 soon... ;D

Offline Raquettedacker

• Cactus Buck
« Reply #3 on: Nov 14, 2010, 04:41:32 AM »
Good luck out there PB... I  hope Mr 8 gives you a crack at him...
"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part..."

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal