Author Topic: Trophy Moose?  (Read 4870 times)

Offline barleydog

• Spiked
Trophy Moose?
« on: Sep 21, 2005, 01:51:25 AM »
So Folks?
What's considered a "trophy" moose in your areas?  By "trophy" I'm asking about total palm spread not BC measurements.   Granted!  ANY moose to me is a beautiful trophy and a gift from god, (not to mention delicious freezer(s) filler!)

Offline MoosemanKris

• 6 Pointer
  • Tight Lines ans Straight Shooting
    • Silvertip Archers
Re: Trophy Moose?
« Reply #1 on: Sep 21, 2005, 12:46:13 PM »
Well I guess trophy around the PG area can be ballparked at around 50" We don't have a lot of the big alaskan moose but we do have a few that interbreed. Anything over 40 is a big mature bull but I suppose a good trophy mark would have to be 50. My first bull was 36" with 5 point on one side and 7 on the other. Probably around the average or maybe a bit bigger?
KRIS
Bagged to date:
9 grouse
6 squirrels
1 MIA Rabbitt

Offline Terrygonefishing

• Forked
« Reply #2 on: Oct 02, 2005, 09:26:21 AM »
Yeah 50 inches is a good trophy mark for this area.

Offline carphunter

• Forked
« Reply #3 on: Oct 03, 2005, 02:14:17 PM »
If you get a moose in my area your probibly going to jail. Here in Pa. there isn't such thing's as moose :o
        Jim
AKA carpcatcher

Offline tcfish

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #4 on: Oct 04, 2005, 09:59:23 AM »
        tc here ,from maine .I am going to the forks ,lake moxie area next week to try and fill my bull only tag.Wish me luck .Going to try and take him with a bow.Hopefully i can call one in close enough.
My way of life

Offline MoosemanKris

• 6 Pointer
  • Tight Lines ans Straight Shooting
    • Silvertip Archers
« Reply #5 on: Oct 12, 2005, 12:31:28 PM »
If you get a moose in my area your probibly going to jail. Here in Pa. there isn't such thing's as moose :o
        Jim

You'd be surprised what might wander into your area one day.... there aren't supposed to be any sharptail grouse where I live ;)
Bagged to date:
9 grouse
6 squirrels
1 MIA Rabbitt

Offline fly-in

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #6 on: Oct 12, 2005, 03:42:30 PM »
Alot of wildlife seem to be on the come back, where I live there are more and more black bears, some cougers, and the moose are not unheard of here (but I can't hunt here anyway).

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal