Author Topic: Not looking good  (Read 3002 times)

Offline LIBERAL HATER

• 6 Pointer
Not looking good
« on: Sep 27, 2010, 06:03:00 PM »
Went to pick up a camara tonight in the woods with Bog to move it to a new place I am looking at and had no deer pics again.  What is going on.... Only have two pics worth showing.  I am getting some frustrated!!!!

Offline bogmanjr

• 30 Point Buck
  • Amigo
Re: Not looking good
« Reply #1 on: Sep 27, 2010, 06:33:58 PM »
Still 3 weeks away ,Take a deep breath and relax. They will be back, We need to go in across from work for a backup plan for you though.
" Those who forge their guns into plows will plow for those who did not " Thomas Jefferson.

Offline LIBERAL HATER

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #2 on: Sep 27, 2010, 06:57:40 PM »
You want me to relax but then you talk about back up plans.  That to me says panic for that spot!!! 

halfrack33

« Reply #3 on: Sep 27, 2010, 07:00:06 PM »
Don't worry, the atmosphere's blastular positioning has changed with the change in temperature and barometric pressure. They'll be back. Seriously though, I haven't had any pictures lately either. Maybe the moon phase?? The temps are dropping again now so I hope the activity picks up for both of our sake's

Offline Raquettedacker

• Cactus Buck
« Reply #4 on: Sep 27, 2010, 07:08:13 PM »
Always have to have a back up spot.. :o
"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part..."

Offline bogmanjr

• 30 Point Buck
  • Amigo
« Reply #5 on: Sep 27, 2010, 08:12:21 PM »
You want me to relax but then you talk about back up plans.  That to me says panic for that spot!!!

OK I can promise you that if you sit over there behind the corn field,sunup till sundown for the whole season by newyears you will kill a deer. Guaranteed. or you can have a plan B &C for when the wind isnt right or when you need a change of scenery cause the other spot is slow.
" Those who forge their guns into plows will plow for those who did not " Thomas Jefferson.

Offline LIBERAL HATER

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #6 on: Sep 27, 2010, 08:27:34 PM »
Ok Ok take it easy I was just kidding.

Offline upstatehunter

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #7 on: Sep 27, 2010, 08:27:53 PM »
Always have plans b&c....Sometimes get to plan k.... :P
The deer have slowed down some the last week. I'm thinking there is a food source I'm just not thinking about. Plus as dry as it has been until this rain
we are getting, they may have been staying close to a water source. The rains may get them moving away from them again.

Offline bogmanjr

• 30 Point Buck
  • Amigo
« Reply #8 on: Sep 27, 2010, 08:31:43 PM »
Ok Ok take it easy I was just kidding.

Me too!!

halfrack33

« Reply #9 on: Sep 27, 2010, 08:38:22 PM »
Always have plans b&c....Sometimes get to plan k.... :P
The deer have slowed down some the last week. I'm thinking there is a food source I'm just not thinking about. Plus as dry as it has been until this rain
we are getting, they may have been staying close to a water source. The rains may get them moving away from them again.

Took the words out of my mouth. Both the small pond and stream are dried up in the regular area I hunt. I was thinking this could be a huge reason the activity has been low. They may be sticking closer to the big pond about 3/4 mile away. Just curious on this one... would leaving out a large container of water be considered baiting? Probably since they consume it

Offline upstatehunter

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #10 on: Sep 27, 2010, 08:42:12 PM »
Not sure but would have to say yes. I was thinking about it this afternoon. Thirteenth brook is a 1/4 mile from my stands. They may have been traveling there to one stay cool and get a drink.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal