Author Topic: Wanted to post in off topic but it seems to be locked.  (Read 1642710 times)

Offline upstatehunter

• 30 Point Buck
Re: Wanted to post in off topic but it seems to be locked.
« Reply #5160 on: Oct 06, 2011, 08:30:37 PM »
Put the jerky in the oven at 20:00....just wondering how long???
Some say 8 hours....some say 4.....Some just until done... :o UM yeah....OK So do I leave it on until morning?? Or do I have the wife turn it off later and leave it to dry....Smells amazing.....

Offline Raquettedacker

• Cactus Buck
« Reply #5161 on: Oct 06, 2011, 08:33:07 PM »
Dont know?   I wouldnt leave it in all night....
"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part..."

Offline stka

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #5162 on: Oct 06, 2011, 09:15:59 PM »
It's real hard to give an exact time. I would go by texture, once it gets to the firmness you want I would take ot out and let it cool. I find it gets just a little moister once bagged for a few days, but not much. If it does happen you can leave the bag open for a while to let it dry out a little more. Enjoy, the jerky is one of the best uses for venison.

Offline eyehi

• 12 Pointer
« Reply #5163 on: Oct 06, 2011, 09:17:06 PM »
eyehi, those are some nice walleyes. Wouldn't mind have one like that on this weekend.....hunts2long
st lawrence river eyes.normally my bud would let the # 10 go but it was his first fish in his new boat. he said catching it was a good omen so he better keep it. his uncle also got 2 keepers and lost a few. good luck this weekend. 8)

Offline eyehi

• 12 Pointer
« Reply #5164 on: Oct 06, 2011, 09:21:40 PM »
Put the jerky in the oven at 20:00....just wondering how long???
Some say 8 hours....some say 4.....Some just until done... :o UM yeah....OK So do I leave it on until morning?? Or do I have the wife turn it off later and leave it to dry....Smells amazing.....
i would say 4 to 6 hrs but every dehydrator is different. stka is right about texture it should be firm when you bend it if it breaks its to dry.i left some in overnight before as well it wasnt pretty

Offline Chucker

• 12 Pointer
« Reply #5165 on: Oct 07, 2011, 04:31:45 AM »
Kids were fussy last night, and wife and I both slept like crap (she's still out though).  Gonna hit the shower, then see what goodies I can scare up at the bakery when they open at six.  Then it's time to pack the car for a four day weekend at camp!

Hope to swat a duck or two, catch some pike and bass, and maybe take a stroll for a grouse.  Just sucks that this is the weekend camp gets closed.  If it was my family's camp, we'd just be getting warmed up right now!
I'm bound to stay where you sleep all day, Where they hung the jerk that invented work, in the Big Rock Candy Mountains.

Offline Raquettedacker

• Cactus Buck
« Reply #5166 on: Oct 07, 2011, 05:59:21 AM »
Kids were fussy last night, and wife and I both slept like crap (she's still out though).  Gonna hit the shower, then see what goodies I can scare up at the bakery when they open at six.  Then it's time to pack the car for a four day weekend at camp!

Hope to swat a duck or two, catch some pike and bass, and maybe take a stroll for a grouse.  Just sucks that this is the weekend camp gets closed.  If it was my family's camp, we'd just be getting warmed up right now!

Wow..  What a great weekend to go to camp...   The weather is gonna be SWEET.....   I hope you guys have a great time Kev....    Good luck with the ducks and fishies.... ;D ;D

Offline Chucker

• 12 Pointer
« Reply #5167 on: Oct 07, 2011, 06:23:33 AM »
Scored cherry chocolate muffins for the wife, and the usual bacon/egg/cheese on a hard roll for me.   8)

Last weekend would've been perfect for duckin' with the north wind and rain.  Real light winds overnight the next few days, so that won't help much.  Not to mention the fact that I can't work a call to save my ass, and birds may be spooky from getting shot at all week on Black Lake, which is just a few miles away   ::)  If I can take a walk for ruffies, weather should be beautiful for that.  Leaving the Xtrema2 home, and just bringing the 870 20g for birds.
I'm bound to stay where you sleep all day, Where they hung the jerk that invented work, in the Big Rock Candy Mountains.

Offline Raquettedacker

• Cactus Buck
« Reply #5168 on: Oct 07, 2011, 07:09:30 AM »
Just ran Tyler to school we creasted the hill and in the field across the street stood a beautiful 10 point..... :o :o  What a beast....  Sure hope he comes over on my side...... ;D ;D

Offline upstatehunter

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #5169 on: Oct 07, 2011, 07:13:15 AM »
They sure know where they are safe don't they??????????

Wife pulled the jerky at 3:30 this morning.....I put it back in for a bit at 6am.....some was ready, but other pieces were not....
Did try a couple pieces....YUM!!

Offline Raquettedacker

• Cactus Buck
« Reply #5170 on: Oct 07, 2011, 07:14:52 AM »

Yes they do..............

Sounds real good......      Did you use sliced up piceses??

Offline upstatehunter

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #5171 on: Oct 07, 2011, 07:25:41 AM »
Yes.....I used a lot of flank, and brisket, along with one piece of a rump roast.....Put them in the freezer while I cut the reat of the deer and then sliced it all about 1/4 to 3/8 thick..... 8)

Offline ramrod

• 12 Pointer
« Reply #5172 on: Oct 07, 2011, 12:03:09 PM »
Just ran Tyler to school we creasted the hill and in the field across the street stood a beautiful 10 point..... :o :o  What a beast....  Sure hope he comes over on my side...... ;D ;D
Hey..thats a good way to start the day........had to beat my story by 2 points didn't ya? ;)
If vegetarians love animals so much, why do they eat all their food?   

Offline Raquettedacker

• Cactus Buck
« Reply #5173 on: Oct 07, 2011, 01:12:37 PM »
What ever...    ;D ;D
What about the six pt I had out my window last night while I was posting...... ;D

Offline ramrod

• 12 Pointer
« Reply #5174 on: Oct 07, 2011, 01:44:15 PM »
What ever...    ;D ;D
What about the six pt I had out my window last night while I was posting...... ;D
u were drunk. It was the neighbors dog w birdox stuck on its head
If vegetarians love animals so much, why do they eat all their food?   

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal