Author Topic: Wanted to post in off topic but it seems to be locked.  (Read 1643126 times)

Offline Chucker

• 12 Pointer
Re: Wanted to post in off topic but it seems to be locked.
« Reply #4860 on: Sep 22, 2011, 09:18:35 AM »
False alarm.  Must have been farther behind the shed than the wife realized.  The potential is there though. 

A few weeks ago at like 9AM on a Sunday morning, the wife was getting the paper from the box, and saw three high school age kids walk from our backyard out to the street, and continue down the street.  We back up against the creek, so it's not like we're a shortcut or something.   ::)

I moved most of the fishing tackle and the GPS out of the car, and started locking it at night after that.
I'm bound to stay where you sleep all day, Where they hung the jerk that invented work, in the Big Rock Candy Mountains.

Offline Raquettedacker

• Cactus Buck
« Reply #4861 on: Sep 22, 2011, 09:21:06 AM »
Stupid kids...... >:( >:(
"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part..."

Offline OTIS

• 8 Pointer
« Reply #4862 on: Sep 22, 2011, 09:21:38 AM »
Good to hear, lock them up.

Offline bogmanjr

• 30 Point Buck
  • Amigo
« Reply #4863 on: Sep 22, 2011, 09:44:23 AM »
Glad you stuff's still your's chucker.
" Those who forge their guns into plows will plow for those who did not " Thomas Jefferson.

Offline LIBERAL HATER

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #4864 on: Sep 22, 2011, 10:00:56 AM »
I find it so funny Upstate that you started this link as a joke towards facebook and it has grown 329 pages long..... 

Offline Raquettedacker

• Cactus Buck
« Reply #4865 on: Sep 22, 2011, 10:14:22 AM »
I find it so funny Upstate that you started this link as a joke towards facebook and it has grown 329 pages long.....

He must have a lot of FRIENDS................          ;D ;D ;D ;D
"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part..."

Offline bogmanjr

• 30 Point Buck
  • Amigo
« Reply #4866 on: Sep 22, 2011, 10:31:19 AM »
YEP..................................
" Those who forge their guns into plows will plow for those who did not " Thomas Jefferson.

Offline upstatehunter

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #4867 on: Sep 22, 2011, 12:03:28 PM »
Wish it was worth a 1/4 of what FB is LH.... ::) ::) ::)

Question Bog.....Is there a time limit to get a deer to a check station? If so seems like a lot of ways around going. Just tag the thing take it home and process it then discard the tag. Do they actually check your freezer for the seals?
Not finding fault with the system, believe me I have lobbied for check stations in NY for years. Just there are flaws with any system that relies on honesty. :o :o :o 

Offline aquaassassin

• 30 Point Buck
  • AIM SMALL... MISS SMALL
« Reply #4868 on: Sep 22, 2011, 12:17:54 PM »
You have 24 hrs. in NH to get it sealed.

If you are checked later on they will wonder why the tag is not attached to the license

They will check your freezer if they find out you didnt register it.
It's not being cocky if you can back it up!

Offline aquaassassin

• 30 Point Buck
  • AIM SMALL... MISS SMALL
« Reply #4869 on: Sep 22, 2011, 12:22:46 PM »
Seems WAY easier to jack a deer with the way you guys just haveto call it in, no?
It's not being cocky if you can back it up!

Offline bogmanjr

• 30 Point Buck
  • Amigo
« Reply #4870 on: Sep 22, 2011, 12:24:01 PM »
Yes 48 hrs. I think we are on two different thoughts though. I was thinking if you don't need to tag your deer in the woods before moving it you could take it home,not report it on the Phone line and reuse the tag after cutting it up. I may be confused on that because one of us stated he usually doesn't attach the tag until he gets home so it doesn't blow off.

I have been told of Wardens doing DNA test on freezer meat of a suspected poaching ring to see how many different animals they had in the freezer VS how many they had checked in.
I always check them in not only because of the law but it's how Masswildlife track's the harvest. I could (but don't) get crop permits to shoot as many deer as I wanted so I really don't need to try to get around the system. I was thinking of guy's trying to reuse a tag more than just not calling in.

Offline upstatehunter

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #4871 on: Sep 22, 2011, 12:28:27 PM »
OK, same here in NY, have 48 hours to call it in. The new decal system allows the ECO to scan the tag to see if it has been reported. Also have to have a written tag or the carcass tag with the meat in the freezer.
No matter what system is used there are ways around it....until they get caught... ;)

We don't have to have the tag attached to the animal while dragging it out. But it has to be filled out. Indelibly... Has to be attaches as soon as a road is reached. Not legal to carry it in/on a vehicle while not tagged.

Offline eyehi

• 12 Pointer
« Reply #4872 on: Sep 22, 2011, 12:31:48 PM »
OK, same here in NY, have 48 hours to call it in. The new decal system allows the ECO to scan the tag to see if it has been reported. Also have to have a written tag or the carcass tag with the meat in the freezer.
No matter what system is used there are ways around it....until they get caught... ;)

We don't have to have the tag attached to the animal while dragging it out. But it has to be filled out. Indelibly... Has to be attaches as soon as a road is reached. Not legal to carry it in/on a vehicle while not tagged.
the law on reporting deer has changed upstate they now give the hunter 1 week to report a kill. i like this change because i have no phone service at my camp :(

Offline bogmanjr

• 30 Point Buck
  • Amigo
« Reply #4873 on: Sep 22, 2011, 12:37:01 PM »
Ok I gotcha now.
the law on reporting deer has changed upstate they now give the hunter 1 week to report a kill. i like this change because i have no phone service at my camp :(

That's interesting Eyehi, In Maine if staying in an unorganized township ( no local govt basically ) you have a week to present it to the check station or if you leave the township you must bring it to be checked. So you couldn't make a beer run to town and have an un sealed deer hanging at camp.

Offline loonyone

• Non-typical 13 Pointer
« Reply #4874 on: Sep 22, 2011, 12:38:57 PM »

i believe i just read the other day that ny gave us a week to report it....just saying ::)

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal