Author Topic: Wanted to post in off topic but it seems to be locked.  (Read 1642685 times)

Offline CAPTJJ

• Non-typical 13 Pointer
  • Bowhunter
    • Rod Bender Charters, Lake George, NY
Re: Wanted to post in off topic but it seems to be locked.
« Reply #4320 on: Aug 06, 2011, 08:06:44 PM »
Been seeing a couple muskrats where I dock my boat. Saw one with a mouth full of grass headed to the den, figured there had to be some little ones. It's tough to get a good picture of them, they spook easily.

Snuck up on this young one yesterday:

An adult swimming up the stream to the den under the parking lot:
Its always archery season. >>>---------->
Hybrid longbow in hand.

Offline CAPTJJ

• Non-typical 13 Pointer
  • Bowhunter
    • Rod Bender Charters, Lake George, NY
« Reply #4321 on: Aug 06, 2011, 08:12:50 PM »
A few nice bass from the past week:

Its always archery season. >>>---------->
Hybrid longbow in hand.

Offline Raquettedacker

• Cactus Buck
« Reply #4322 on: Aug 06, 2011, 08:22:12 PM »
Great pictures JJ..................
"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part..."

Offline drobertsinMaryland

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #4323 on: Aug 06, 2011, 09:21:36 PM »
Nice pics CaptJJ. 8) Next year I will wrangle your bass.lol

Offline eyehi

• 12 Pointer
« Reply #4324 on: Aug 06, 2011, 10:38:52 PM »
nice pics jj always good to see pictures of kids with fish. im fishing the raquetee and st lawrence river issiah water level is down 2 feet on both right now :'(  welcome to mhf falconer 8)

Offline Chucker

• 12 Pointer
« Reply #4325 on: Aug 07, 2011, 03:40:13 PM »
Issiah, Dom & Steve -
I waved as I drove past you guys Friday and today.  90 to East Greenbush, then down to Red Hook for a party yesterday.
I'm bound to stay where you sleep all day, Where they hung the jerk that invented work, in the Big Rock Candy Mountains.

Offline upstatehunter

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #4326 on: Aug 07, 2011, 06:28:41 PM »
Spent all weekend at Waynestock.... ;D
Friday putting up the stage, 30 X 30 all aluminum rigging. Then tents on Saturday, and the shows until 11 pm.
Then clean up and take down today. Was a lot of work, but all for charity and a lot of fun... ;D

Offline bogmanjr

• 30 Point Buck
  • Amigo
« Reply #4327 on: Aug 07, 2011, 08:12:55 PM »
Long ride home, took 8 hrs to do the 5 1/2 hour ride. Traffic was horrable, remembered why I usually travel on weekday's or at night. I'll see what I have for pic's in the morning.
" Those who forge their guns into plows will plow for those who did not " Thomas Jefferson.

Offline upstatehunter

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #4328 on: Aug 07, 2011, 08:15:46 PM »
Glad you had a safe trip home Bog family!!

Offline Raquettedacker

• Cactus Buck
« Reply #4329 on: Aug 07, 2011, 08:23:39 PM »
Spent all weekend at Waynestock.... ;D
Friday putting up the stage, 30 X 30 all aluminum rigging. Then tents on Saturday, and the shows until 11 pm.
Then clean up and take down today. Was a lot of work, but all for charity and a lot of fun... ;D

That sounds like fun................

Offline Raquettedacker

• Cactus Buck
« Reply #4330 on: Aug 07, 2011, 08:25:12 PM »
Long ride home, took 8 hrs to do the 5 1/2 hour ride. Traffic was horrable, remembered why I usually travel on weekday's or at night. I'll see what I have for pic's in the morning.

That doesn't sound like fun..................   Glad your home........

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #4331 on: Aug 08, 2011, 07:13:47 AM »
Interesting turn of events for me. As some remember I spent a good bit of money and time on a peice of 50 acre property that I gained permission to bow hunt on. I paid for and helped put in about an 1/2 acre food plot on this property. I was told that only two poeple gun hunted the property which was fine with me. I really only hunted the property a few times the first year and saw deer just didnt close the deal. Last year I find out the fella that helped me get my foot in the door was pretty much closing the door on me. His son who was apparently in jail was released and starting fun hunting the property(Ended up wounding a big buck with a rifle ::)). Soon I as got wind of that I wanted no parts of hunting there.

Update....Well come to find out the son went back to jail last month since he violated his parol. I saw it in the paper but never called his father. Talked to his father a couple of days ago who originally got me the permission to hunt there(never mentioned his son going back to jail). He asked if I was going to come bow hunt this year. He said he and the land owner have been maintaining the food plot and it looks better than ever. He said the landowner is upset at the amount of deer that are now around. I guess I will go reclaim a few deer that have my name on them. If and when the son gets out again I will quit hunting there. I am heading out there this evening to visit and he is going to show me the food plot. He said the deer are really working a pinch point I had oringially set up on two years ago.

Offline stka

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #4332 on: Aug 08, 2011, 08:15:16 AM »
Sounds like a good place to doe hunt, so you can get after Tiny without having to worry about gutting and dragging does around.

Offline bogmanjr

• 30 Point Buck
  • Amigo
« Reply #4333 on: Aug 08, 2011, 08:46:49 AM »
Vacation was enjoyable as always. We had a lot more rain than usual but still made the most of it. New dock's are in, cleared a new area for ice fishing acess with atv & sno sled's and had several nice evening meals with the neighbors. Wild blueberries were in prime time so we took advantage of that also. Bass fishing was slow, water was very warm and the good fish were found real deep. We did get 78 white perch in 3 hours of jigging one evening. Wish we could find them in the winter like that. Here are a few pic's, the young lady is our niece Zoe. She has been to camp many time's and seem's to really enjoy the Outdoor's.

" Those who forge their guns into plows will plow for those who did not " Thomas Jefferson.

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #4334 on: Aug 08, 2011, 11:23:31 AM »
Sounds like a good place to doe hunt, so you can get after Tiny without having to worry about gutting and dragging does around.
This is true, its one of those spot were I will have to shoot them.hehe You know me I wont discriminate. There were a lot of deer two years ago and I bet it is even worse now. I dont even think they killed one deer off of the property since putting that food plot in.

Looks like a good trip had by all Bogman. 8)

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal