Author Topic: Wanted to post in off topic but it seems to be locked.  (Read 1642684 times)

Offline Issiah

• 12 Pointer
    • Hunting, Fishing and Trapping New York
Re: Wanted to post in off topic but it seems to be locked.
« Reply #4155 on: Jul 22, 2011, 06:28:47 PM »
Haven't left yet   plan on leaving here at 2am  If you feel a strange surge of energy while you're dreaming tonite, it's just your fellow MHF bretheren making his way to mecca  ;)

Offline Raquettedacker

• Cactus Buck
« Reply #4156 on: Jul 22, 2011, 06:36:04 PM »
Good luck Issiah....   

I know its not a pure strain but did you see this one??

http://www.thenextbite.com/node/19879

« Last Edit: Jul 22, 2011, 06:38:17 PM by Raquettedacker »
"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part..."

Offline Issiah

• 12 Pointer
« Reply #4157 on: Jul 22, 2011, 06:42:05 PM »
Yes!  That's Awesome  8) 8)       Feeling like a kid on Christmas eve...

Offline Chucker

• 12 Pointer
« Reply #4158 on: Jul 22, 2011, 07:14:46 PM »
You going with a guide or friend or something?  I actually have a full musky box I've been stocking that has never had a shot at a fish.  There's a baitcaster that's got a 6500 on it spooled with PowerPro, too.  If you want to bring them along, I'd be more than happy to meet you at Exit 47 on the Thruway in the morning.
I'm bound to stay where you sleep all day, Where they hung the jerk that invented work, in the Big Rock Candy Mountains.

Offline Issiah

• 12 Pointer
« Reply #4159 on: Jul 22, 2011, 07:26:46 PM »
You going with a guide or friend or something?  I actually have a full musky box I've been stocking that has never had a shot at a fish.  There's a baitcaster that's got a 6500 on it spooled with PowerPro, too.  If you want to bring them along, I'd be more than happy to meet you at Exit 47 on the Thruway in the morning.

Thanx a million Kevin.  I am going with a guide though  imagine he'll have all the gear we need   just looked at the map  it's gonna be quite the haul    this is as Western,NY as it gets  :o :o  better make it a 1am departure  :o

Mostly Muskies  Capt. Larry Jones
« Last Edit: Jul 24, 2011, 11:46:56 AM by Issiah »

Offline Chucker

• 12 Pointer
« Reply #4160 on: Jul 22, 2011, 07:39:31 PM »
Yup, I've heard of them.  Good luck man, I hope you score!
I'm bound to stay where you sleep all day, Where they hung the jerk that invented work, in the Big Rock Candy Mountains.

Offline upstatehunter

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #4161 on: Jul 22, 2011, 08:14:03 PM »
Good luck Issiah, hope you only take 10 casts for your prize... ;)

To bad about the truck Bog!! Payments suck....but so doesn't broken vehicles....

We ran a cool station today for people of the town. Had a few come in to enjoy a cool drink and some AC....
Thinking of you guys out there Bog...Saw the heat indexes down that way... :o 125 degrees in some places... :o :o
« Last Edit: Jul 23, 2011, 04:00:43 AM by upstatehunter »

Offline bogmanjr

• 30 Point Buck
  • Amigo
« Reply #4162 on: Jul 22, 2011, 08:46:52 PM »
She's a cutie David.

One more day of that crap on Lance's dash readout. I bet Beck though you lost your mind with the garden hose but sound's like it would be just right today.

Good luck on the Muskies Issiah.

It was too hot to even think out there today Scott.  Got a link for some pic's that a Buff did and has on his website. It was pretty well knocked down when he arrived.

http://lehane-photo.smugmug.com/Fire/Freetown-Ma-160-S-Main-st-7-21/18163710_WQR72F#1394987442_VjJjFF4
" Those who forge their guns into plows will plow for those who did not " Thomas Jefferson.

Offline upstatehunter

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #4163 on: Jul 23, 2011, 04:27:35 AM »
I pulled up the pics here for the guys to see yesterday. One of the new young guys asked why you were going in trying to save a vacant building.... ::) ::)  I asked if he had some property that he wasn't using and it caught fire...would he want us to try to save what we could?
Got the ....welllll yeah... ;D Kids....But one of our recent grads beat my butt yesterday in a donning race I set up for us.... :P :P
We have our gear hanging in the back of the house, and we had to enter the building, donn and get in your respective seat with your pack straps on cinched and seat belted.....Best I could get was 1min 3sec.....Not to bad for a fat 50 year old.... :P :P
This kid did it in 59.4 seconds... :o :o :o Inspection proved good, and he had the biggest smile.... ;D ;D ;D So didn't I, he's a good kid and will be a good one someday....Chief was laughing, saying he could see DJ's face light up when I patted his back and told him he was top dog....for now..LOL   We had fun being together for the day.....younger guys went to the store and got ingredients for cookies and baked them to hand out to anyone who stopped in for a break from the heat... Great to see youth with a sense of service to their community.

Those are great pics, still had to be just stifling hot...Almost better to be on tank air.... ;) ;)  We have some shots of our last one on our facebook page..... :o :o

Offline bogmanjr

• 30 Point Buck
  • Amigo
« Reply #4164 on: Jul 23, 2011, 07:12:48 AM »
Funny the kid asked that, I was 50-50 on sitting on a 2 1/2 in the front yard or getting what we could from the steps and going in cautiously. Guess you know what the Boss said "Very cautiously" .  The building had 2 roof's. You can see the 2 roof lines on the burned gabel end pic's They left the plywood,asphault shingles and all. So We were in side looking up at rafters in the clear more or less and the Boss is outside telling me it's pushing in the attic  :o  I was like " I have pulled the celing in here and can see the attic" " there's no fire here" Then I found a  loose piece of the first roof with the hook and it was cooking up there. I knew it was still too hot in there to be out but couldn't find it. LOL You never know what your going to find in the older building's construction wise.  By the time I got some young fresh guy's in and pulling the first roof we had a hole but we really wern't saving much anyway. Tell the " young guy" sometime's it's just easier to "get it cautiously" than sit on big line's for half the day too.  ;D
" Those who forge their guns into plows will plow for those who did not " Thomas Jefferson.

Offline upstatehunter

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #4165 on: Jul 23, 2011, 07:25:28 AM »
I saw that in the photos on the other site... :o I hate those!! Had one this spring with three different roofs built over one another....Cost the guy his house, without a machine to pull the top layers we were having to open the gable ends and hit it with large lines....Not the safest to be in either from the standpoint of a collapse.
I could see by the one photo you got a hole up through from inside and were pushing it out the roof...
I agree with the weather conditions, if your safe inside, then get it quicker. Takes a lot of manpower to do a defensive, especially with that heat!!
We have some good kids coming up, they have enough smarts to at least think first. Might opt on the cautious side, but if they go home safe... ;) LOL  Would be an honor to stand next to you guys on a scene, you have a great company from what I can see.  ;)

Offline drobertsinMaryland

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #4166 on: Jul 23, 2011, 07:53:43 AM »
Nice new look you have there upstatehunter. 8)

Heading out to go to a wedding in Front Royal VA soon. Definitely threw a damper on my fishing plans this weekend.

Offline bogmanjr

• 30 Point Buck
  • Amigo
« Reply #4167 on: Jul 23, 2011, 10:07:49 AM »
I guess all the $$$$ is in junk...........H3 took the professor's old chevy to the scrap yard today, $800 cash money  :o  I'm starting to rethink on my collectable metal pile, Might not need all that stuff so much after all. ;D ;D ;D I probably have a new sno-sled in that pile. ;D ;D ;D

Offline Chucker

• 12 Pointer
« Reply #4168 on: Jul 23, 2011, 10:15:23 AM »
Mmmm, sno-sled   

Offline Raquettedacker

• Cactus Buck
« Reply #4169 on: Jul 23, 2011, 11:05:23 AM »
Last month when I took the old swimming pool down and took it in (granted it was all aluminum) I got $485.00 towards the new one....      ;D ;D
"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part..."

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal