Author Topic: Wanted to post in off topic but it seems to be locked.  (Read 1642807 times)

Offline upstatehunter

• 30 Point Buck
Re: Wanted to post in off topic but it seems to be locked.
« Reply #4110 on: Jul 19, 2011, 02:25:17 PM »
Um a bit of advice Bog....don't tell the guys at the house your going commando.... :o

Offline bogmanjr

• 30 Point Buck
  • Amigo
« Reply #4111 on: Jul 19, 2011, 02:49:48 PM »
Um a bit of advice Bog....don't tell the guys at the house your going commando.... :o

LOL Tooooooooo late.  ;D
" Those who forge their guns into plows will plow for those who did not " Thomas Jefferson.

Offline upstatehunter

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #4112 on: Jul 19, 2011, 04:26:45 PM »
LOL, well that will make the first 6 hours or so interesting on your next shift.... 8)

Hope the back is feeling better, and your first shift back goes easy... ;)

Offline bogmanjr

• 30 Point Buck
  • Amigo
« Reply #4113 on: Jul 19, 2011, 05:21:23 PM »
First one's today, sofar so good. Hot enough to melt glass out there so glad it's been calm. Back's sore from the chiro but I can stand straight.  ;D
" Those who forge their guns into plows will plow for those who did not " Thomas Jefferson.

Offline drobertsinMaryland

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #4114 on: Jul 19, 2011, 05:55:31 PM »
LOL. No kidding, hope bog doesn't wear booty shorts either. :o ;D ;D Just Kidding Harrie.

Offline Mossyoak Mom

• Forked
« Reply #4115 on: Jul 19, 2011, 06:08:59 PM »
Great pictures Harrie...     Amy those are great small mouths.........................

Hi everybody, we had a great vacation as you can see caught some good fish, always fun times at camp....Headed back in two weeks for some more fun in the sun....
AKA Mrs.Bogmanjr

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #4116 on: Jul 19, 2011, 06:12:54 PM »
Hi everybody, we had a great vacation as you can see caught some good fish, always fun times at camp....Headed back in two weeks for some more fun in the sun....
Looked like you guys enjoyed yourselves. 8) Nice job on the smallies too.

Offline Chucker

• 12 Pointer
« Reply #4117 on: Jul 20, 2011, 05:10:06 AM »
Stay cool out there today, people.  It's gonna be HOT.   :P
I'm bound to stay where you sleep all day, Where they hung the jerk that invented work, in the Big Rock Candy Mountains.

Offline bogmanjr

• 30 Point Buck
  • Amigo
« Reply #4118 on: Jul 20, 2011, 05:21:24 AM »
Had a call @ 0410 and it was already hot.................... :o

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #4119 on: Jul 20, 2011, 07:25:10 AM »
I'll say its hotter than two mice rolling around in a wool sock down here.

Tinkered with my covert camera and got it temporarily working. Darn deer around my house tore up my pepper plants this year. >:( First I have seen that they used to not bother them. Have some sweet feed in the garage, going to see if I can get a pic of the piebald doe for the contest(only have video's of her). Only three days to get her on camera in daylight hours. Have to wait for my cruddy neighbor to leave don't want him to know my camera is out there. Its on my property but I would not put it past him to try and take it.

Offline stka

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #4120 on: Jul 20, 2011, 08:03:30 AM »
I forgot Heather took a pic of my first soft water laker I got jigging Saturday. That will be an option for next year if we have real calm weather, and walleye(bass) gear would work perfectly for it. He's a wee one but fought hard and has nice dark colors. I've got a dentist appointment for some repair work, so I'm going to check the trail cams this afternoon. It's been over two weeks and the used batteries I put in them are probably about dead by now so I want to replace them. If I couldn't drive to them I wouldn't even go, not in the jeans I wear to work in these temps.

Offline upstatehunter

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #4121 on: Jul 20, 2011, 08:34:41 AM »
Good one Steve!! Seems the trend lately for lakers is to use a lot of the same stuff used for ice fishing. Would like to spend some time learning it. Last time out I broke off 6 colors of lead, plus the lure made it an expensive day.  Have a couple bait casters to set up for jigging.... ;)

Had a call at 01:00.....Your right Bog it is hot!! Turned out to be a surge protector strip, had all the computer,TV, and a air conditioner plugged into it....Lucky they didn't burn the place down. Remember folks, air conditioners draw a lot of juice!! Use a dedicated outlet for them, no extension cords.... Also those surge protectors bought at the dollar store don't always work. Make sure the ones you use have a actual surge protector(Most will have a reset like a GFI outlet.) Those that don't have that are just a outlet strip....If your breaker doesn't trip quick enough, (most don't on thermal) Your going to burn something up. Glad we got to this one quick...It is the same town houses my daughter lives in.... :o :o

Offline stka

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #4122 on: Jul 20, 2011, 08:45:58 AM »
Great point on the power cords Upstate. Those cheep extension cords are another big no-no with anything that draws much current. I caught that fish on the same lure I got the one on at 4th lake. The rod was a downrigger rod that wasn't set up for that at all, but still managed two hits. If you can get out on a dead calm day in June or July you can vertical jig pretty easily. Just bring a lot of sunscreen.

Offline Chucker

• 12 Pointer
« Reply #4123 on: Jul 20, 2011, 03:27:04 PM »
A few pics....  Another team effort smallmouth from the creek last night -

Went for a ride today.  Stopped at Turnbull Manufacturing, who is nationally know for firearms restoration.  I behaved, and didn't bring any of these home -

Then I swung out Cato / Meridian way, and dropped off the LC Smith with the nice gents at Classic Gunstocks.  They'll give her a good once over, fix two minor barrel dents, and hopefully have her back in time for resident goose season.
I'm bound to stay where you sleep all day, Where they hung the jerk that invented work, in the Big Rock Candy Mountains.

Offline bogmanjr

• 30 Point Buck
  • Amigo
« Reply #4124 on: Jul 20, 2011, 04:52:19 PM »
Nice pic's Kevin. Glad one of us showed restraint today.

Amy's been complaining about her car since we got home from camp. Well today I went for a ride, Stupid CVT transmission is doing all sort's of funky things. So after considering that it need's tire's before winter, has a lot of mile's on it, current transmission issue and the fact that I have hated that car since the day she had to have it (jeep compass). The bog's are back to being an all Ford family  ;D ;D  Delivery on Monday.  They had a pretty red one to match the truck but she wanted  "purple"  :o 

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal