Author Topic: Wanted to post in off topic but it seems to be locked.  (Read 1642881 times)

Offline bogmanjr

• 30 Point Buck
  • Amigo
Re: Wanted to post in off topic but it seems to be locked.
« Reply #4050 on: Jul 13, 2011, 07:21:53 AM »
Perfect crystal clear sunshine this morning, Humidity's gone. It's going to be a good one here............... 8)
" Those who forge their guns into plows will plow for those who did not " Thomas Jefferson.

Offline stka

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #4051 on: Jul 13, 2011, 07:39:17 AM »
Enjoy the nice weather Bog, looks like a nice weekend for us on LG coming up too.

If anyone's looking for a good used truck mine will be on CL as soon as I give it a good cleaning. It's a 1997 Silverado 2500HD with 106Kmi, pretty much loaded and in great condition for the age. It is a tank that has done every thing I ever asked it to (except conserve gas). It has only towed a hand full of times and never had a plow. The only reason I'm getting rid of it is to upgrade to a newer model 1500. Fortunately (for me) the book value is higher than I would have expected so I can't give it away, but for any one on MHF I'll cut the BS and give it to you for my bottom line of 8200. I make it a point to put it into 4 low a few times every year and it's an absolute monster when it is.

Offline stka

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #4052 on: Jul 13, 2011, 08:06:40 AM »
Two more reasons to have a get together on LG next summer. From an hour of fishing. Trying to post from new phone for the first time.

Offline ramrod

• 12 Pointer
« Reply #4053 on: Jul 13, 2011, 08:15:35 AM »
Two more reasons to have a get together on LG next summer. From an hour of fishing. Trying to post from new phone for the first time.

she's getting better but still has that "hurry up n take the dam picture" smile.  ;D

nice fish guys.  :)
If vegetarians love animals so much, why do they eat all their food?   

Offline upstatehunter

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #4054 on: Jul 13, 2011, 09:16:42 AM »
I've been wondering how the Capt. has been doing on the king. If your pics are any indication, I' betting pretty well.
Great fish once again!! Did get the itch the other day...but chose to mow the lawn instead.... 8)

Offline stka

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #4055 on: Jul 13, 2011, 09:23:30 AM »
I'm sure he's doing good, he probably gets more fish per hour that we do. I'd imagine he's pretty busy this time of year. Especially with the nice weather.

Offline upstatehunter

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #4056 on: Jul 13, 2011, 11:32:42 AM »
I'm going to go mow again...... >:(  I might get to go ice fishing this winter or something.... ::)

Offline Chucker

• 12 Pointer
« Reply #4057 on: Jul 13, 2011, 12:01:46 PM »
Went 1 for 3 last night in the creek.  Two misses were fish blowing up right after the bait hit.  Lure of choice was a Tiny Torpedo.
I'm bound to stay where you sleep all day, Where they hung the jerk that invented work, in the Big Rock Candy Mountains.

Offline drobertsinMaryland

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #4058 on: Jul 13, 2011, 12:17:45 PM »
Nice lakers Heather and Steve.

Offline CAPTJJ

• Non-typical 13 Pointer
  • Bowhunter
    • Rod Bender Charters, Lake George, NY
« Reply #4059 on: Jul 13, 2011, 12:42:56 PM »
Yep, I've been pretty busy since early June and the laker fishing has been great; not seeing any really big ones but most keepers have been well over the 23" limit, lots of 24-27" trout and they are healthy.

Lake George also has some nice landlocked salmon, Joe Jr caught these two this morning after he and his dad had their laker limit in a little over an hour.

25", 6lb

20"

Another from  last weekend caught by a 5 year old, 22", 4lb:

Its always archery season. >>>---------->
Hybrid longbow in hand.

Offline upstatehunter

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #4060 on: Jul 13, 2011, 01:59:57 PM »
That is sweet!! Those kids won't forget those days for a long time!!  ;)

Offline Raquettedacker

• Cactus Buck
« Reply #4061 on: Jul 13, 2011, 02:15:15 PM »
Great fish every one.............................
"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part..."

Offline drobertsinMaryland

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #4062 on: Jul 13, 2011, 02:30:12 PM »
Nice job JJ. 8)

Offline stka

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #4063 on: Jul 13, 2011, 02:54:14 PM »
The kids must have had a ball. Those are some nice salmon. I know they grow pretty fast, but do you think those are the new strain already? We've been seeing a lot of smelt on the sonar this year.

Offline bogmanjr

• 30 Point Buck
  • Amigo
« Reply #4064 on: Jul 14, 2011, 07:11:04 AM »
Heather is gettin much better with her fish pic's. ;D ;D I'm in for the LG trip just need a date and what you need for $$.

JJ great pic's as always.

we had a great day here, well until the boat docking incident.........

Split and stacked a bunch of wood in the morning, Amy baby proofed the camp for our niece who is due in today with Amy's brother and sister in law.

We did get a few smallies yesterday, as usual Mom got the best one. Found out if we leave the dock without my pup he just follows us.

We went out for white perch after supper, trolled up a dozen then found a big school in front of camp so we anchored up and jigged a bunch more up. finally ran out of bait after we had 45 good one's. Thank goodness for the electric filet knife, I was through tham in about 20 min. Now the Bad part was I twisted my back all out of shape pulling the pontoon up on the skids when we got back. Feeling pretty old today, cant put my sock's on. Just keep moving to free er up I guess. Maybe a couple of Jim Beam & 7's later will help. ::) ::)

" Those who forge their guns into plows will plow for those who did not " Thomas Jefferson.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal