Author Topic: Wanted to post in off topic but it seems to be locked.  (Read 1642660 times)

Offline Raquettedacker

• Cactus Buck
Re: Wanted to post in off topic but it seems to be locked.
« Reply #4035 on: Jul 11, 2011, 11:11:30 AM »
I just learned how to do it on the computer. Havevt attemped yet on the phone.. Besides i dont have the addrrss..
"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part..."

Offline Issiah

• 12 Pointer
    • Hunting, Fishing and Trapping New York
« Reply #4036 on: Jul 11, 2011, 04:10:31 PM »
Bog's pontoon boat is awesome!  ;D       I missed heather's picture, just an X right now.  Sounds like another good time up there...

Offline stka

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #4037 on: Jul 11, 2011, 04:31:26 PM »
It should still be there Issiah, I can see it. My new work cell phone is on order, an international Droid. My IT guy says " I can get the international one, but not in 4G". I thought, what the heck do I care it's a free phone with unlimited text and web time, and free. My Blackberry has been possessed, so I'm looking forward to a phone that doesn't call people on it's own and lock the screen so you have to pull the battery  :o.

Offline bogmanjr

• 30 Point Buck
  • Amigo
« Reply #4038 on: Jul 11, 2011, 05:36:51 PM »
I slipped into the verizon data plan on the last few hr's of their unlimited plan. Pay by GB now. :o My brother did it for us at home when he heard about the cost going up on the news. I'll get one of them Phancy phone's when I get back. They have a commando now that's mil.spec and bog proof. ::)

We did about 50 mile's of new trail today, it was lot's of slower going and mud,rock's not a lot of open areas but that was fine with the heat of the sun. Stopped off for pizza & gas on the way back to camp. Seems strange to drive to the gas pump and pizza shop on an atv. You can't do that in France!!

" Those who forge their guns into plows will plow for those who did not " Thomas Jefferson.

Offline Issiah

• 12 Pointer
    • Hunting, Fishing and Trapping New York
« Reply #4039 on: Jul 11, 2011, 06:47:30 PM »
That looks like you are askin for it Bog  :o            I see the picture now Steve, good fish   Heather holds it just fine   8)

Offline bogmanjr

• 30 Point Buck
  • Amigo
« Reply #4040 on: Jul 11, 2011, 07:05:54 PM »
Naaa just a few puddle's is all. The new beaver flowage across one of the trail's out of camp was interesting though.
" Those who forge their guns into plows will plow for those who did not " Thomas Jefferson.

Offline eyehi

• 12 Pointer
« Reply #4041 on: Jul 11, 2011, 07:11:59 PM »
nice pics bog.  ny is talking about opening 120 miles of atv trails. the only obstacle is a public comment period this summer. i am hoping this happens ;D

Offline Raquettedacker

• Cactus Buck
« Reply #4042 on: Jul 12, 2011, 05:26:15 AM »
Nice Bog...   As usual looks like you are having a great time...
"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part..."

Offline bogmanjr

• 30 Point Buck
  • Amigo
« Reply #4043 on: Jul 12, 2011, 06:45:40 AM »
Sure are Dom, heavy t-storms last night. pond is like glass so i'm goin to try to get a few smallies for you this morning. ;D ;D ;D

Spencer is grumbling about being the only kid.............. ::) ::)

Offline ramrod

• 12 Pointer
« Reply #4044 on: Jul 12, 2011, 07:20:40 AM »
I slipped into the verizon data plan on the last few hr's of their unlimited plan. Pay by GB now. :o My brother did it for us at home when he heard about the cost going up on the news. I'll get one of them Phancy phone's when I get back. They have a commando now that's mil.spec and bog proof. ::)

i did that exact thing 2 weeks ago, and i have that exact same phone. the casio commando. so far its great.  the commando is waterproof and themed for the outdoor adventurer. has gps, digital compass, stargazer, and all kinds of other crap i dont know how to use yet. google maps is worth the extra 30 to me. 2 taps and i have a satellite map of where i am currently standing. its going to be super handy come deer season.
they have all kinds of cool apps for hunters. there is one that will tell you which of your treestands would b best to hunt on that particular day based on current wind and weather in your hunting areas.

its a time killer for at least 2 days but once the novelty wears off its not too bad. you can also update your fb very easily on it too so you know what that means.  ::)
If vegetarians love animals so much, why do they eat all their food?   

Offline drobertsinMaryland

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #4045 on: Jul 12, 2011, 07:31:23 AM »
Looks like fun Harrie.

Offline upstatehunter

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #4046 on: Jul 12, 2011, 08:55:58 AM »
Hey RR....You sure that phone will get out through the canopy, being so far below it as it will??? LOL You might have to hook up a long antenna to it.... ;) ;D ;D ;D

Glad you guys are getting to unwind Bog!!( you might want to stay to the high side of the water holes though) Looks like it might be deep.... ;) Or wear PFDs.....

I'll get a cell phone as soon as I move from here.... ::) With all the regs they are passing these days for the "dacks"...I can't see one working here any time soon. The state doesn't want communication to be seamless unless it's their own. Even then I laugh listening to the rangers and Eco's trying to talk to Raybrook, or each other on their radios..... ::)

Offline bogmanjr

• 30 Point Buck
  • Amigo
« Reply #4047 on: Jul 12, 2011, 09:05:32 AM »
i did that exact thing 2 weeks ago, and i have that exact same phone. the casio commando. so far its great.  the commando is waterproof and themed for the outdoor adventurer. has gps, digital compass, stargazer, and all kinds of other crap i dont know how to use yet. google maps is worth the extra 30 to me. 2 taps and i have a satellite map of where i am currently standing. its going to be super handy come deer season.
they have all kinds of cool apps for hunters. there is one that will tell you which of your treestands would b best to hunt on that particular day based on current wind and weather in your hunting areas.

its a time killer for at least 2 days but once the novelty wears off its not too bad. you can also update your fb very easily on it too so you know what that means.  ::)

I used to go through a phone every 6 mos. Then I got a casio Rock and have had it for a year and a half with no issues so there is definately a difference. It's been wet numerous time's,dropped & it just keeps going.

Just piceral again this morning, I think I need to find some deeper structure. Water temp's 75*. Running to town for Ice and supplies, One more day of humidity and then drying out for the rest of the week. ;D

Their giving you the mushroom treatment upstate, keep ya in the dark and feed you a little s%#*.

Offline drobertsinMaryland

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #4048 on: Jul 12, 2011, 10:21:56 AM »
Better start drop shotting the Sweet Beavers. ;D

Offline upstatehunter

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #4049 on: Jul 12, 2011, 06:24:45 PM »
I've been one for almost 50 years now Bog....

Got a good storm brewing, better get ready for the call..... ;)

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal