Author Topic: Wanted to post in off topic but it seems to be locked.  (Read 1643088 times)

Offline drobertsinMaryland

• 30 Point Buck
Re: Wanted to post in off topic but it seems to be locked.
« Reply #3975 on: Jul 04, 2011, 02:49:03 PM »
Came over to the parent house today for a cookout, so I hi-jacked there computer. ;D

Congrats on the win Chucker.

Offline bogmanjr

• 30 Point Buck
  • Amigo
« Reply #3976 on: Jul 05, 2011, 04:07:21 AM »
No rest as of yet, been out all night..... seem's no one has to work on tuesday and are all partying the night away in my town.    :o
" Those who forge their guns into plows will plow for those who did not " Thomas Jefferson.

Offline upstatehunter

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #3977 on: Jul 05, 2011, 06:45:19 AM »
No rest as of yet, been out all night..... seem's no one has to work on tuesday and are all partying the night away in my town.    :o

Probably more like most aren't going to work today..... :P

I'm in the process of contacting the owners of our so called home town news paper. I've already emailed the publisher and the editor.
They printed a story in the online edition of a young man who lost his life in his apartment fire yesterday. Reporter went as far as writing of the citizens who discovered it and tried to get in to him, but the fire was to hot. They apparently could hear him screaming inside, and tried to get him to a window. Then the screaming stopped....I've only been to one in 30 years with that happen. Was two kids 11 and 9.
Anyone who ever has will tell you it is the most frustration and heartache you will ever have as a firefighter. Something the public really doesn't need to read about. Nor something the family and friends(or the responding firefighters) need to read. I'm sure they will all need some sort of crisis management services. But it seems the news has to have the blood and guts to sell. Really sick in my opinion.
I could have still gotten the punch in the gut with just a line stating they tried to get to the victim but weren't able to.
What is wrong with people today???????????

Offline eyehi

• 12 Pointer
« Reply #3978 on: Jul 05, 2011, 08:17:44 AM »
that is a really horrible story upstate. i cant understand why the media prints some of this stuff. we just had a local story about a guy on a motorcycle who was involved in a high speed chase with the police and died. they also stated the guy was seen in a bar and may have been drinking.

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #3979 on: Jul 05, 2011, 10:57:55 AM »
Since my computer has been down, I have noticed the myfishfinder is more smart phone friendly. ::)

Offline loonyone

• Non-typical 13 Pointer
« Reply #3980 on: Jul 05, 2011, 12:38:34 PM »
Since my computer has been down, I have noticed the myfishfinder is more smart phone friendly. ::)

could that be cause you can kick no one in the doodadds?? ::)

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #3981 on: Jul 05, 2011, 04:08:37 PM »
could that be cause you can kick no one in the doodadds?? ::)
Could be. ;) ;D

Just got the computer back and its so much nicer than using my phone. ;D My BassPro order was on the door step this evening. So I have a few new goodies to tryout on the bass.

Offline bogmanjr

• 30 Point Buck
  • Amigo
« Reply #3982 on: Jul 05, 2011, 08:06:04 PM »
9 calls so far, Hope tonight is a little quieter.  ::)  11 hrs to go & north bound. ;D ;D
" Those who forge their guns into plows will plow for those who did not " Thomas Jefferson.

Offline stka

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #3983 on: Jul 05, 2011, 08:08:32 PM »
just keep your eye on the prize Bog, hope you get a quiet night from here on out. Have a good trip north.

Offline upstatehunter

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #3984 on: Jul 06, 2011, 04:48:41 AM »
If anything like this area, you were busy. Seems a lot of people on vacation this week. Longest gap on the call log for the county is 25 minutes. Area squads were busy all night.
That drive is a long one after a long three days. STAY AWAKE!! Will be looking for some pictures of the relaxing. Enjoy the time away my friend, you deserve it.  ;)

Offline Chucker

• 12 Pointer
« Reply #3985 on: Jul 06, 2011, 08:10:09 PM »
Phillip and I took the new combo and lil' Jitterbug out back tonight, and we kicked butt.  He got his first smallmouth, and missed two more that hit just after the lure landed after I casted for him.  I picked up one for myself, too.  Action shot and first fish follow....

Oh, and I'll never stand out there without a Thermacell again.  I picked one up on Sunday, and not a single skeeter the whole time we were out there!
I'm bound to stay where you sleep all day, Where they hung the jerk that invented work, in the Big Rock Candy Mountains.

Offline Raquettedacker

• Cactus Buck
« Reply #3986 on: Jul 06, 2011, 08:30:33 PM »
SWEET..................
"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part..."

Offline ramrod

• 12 Pointer
« Reply #3987 on: Jul 07, 2011, 05:10:56 AM »
smallmouth right in your backyard? :o  dam your one lucky chucker ;D

nice pics.
If vegetarians love animals so much, why do they eat all their food?   

Offline bogmanjr

• 30 Point Buck
  • Amigo
« Reply #3988 on: Jul 07, 2011, 06:05:00 AM »
That's great Kevin, You won't be able to keep him away from there.

We got to camp and unpacked just in time for the sky to open and turn dark. Had a good soaking rain and the temp dropped 20* in about 10 min .
sun's poking through now, coffe's on and we Have boat's to launch. Check back later.

Offline Chucker

• 12 Pointer
« Reply #3989 on: Jul 07, 2011, 07:07:23 AM »
Camp.  I would love to be there right now.  Yours, mine, anybody's.  8)  Quiet week at work though, knock on wood.
I'm bound to stay where you sleep all day, Where they hung the jerk that invented work, in the Big Rock Candy Mountains.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal