Author Topic: Wanted to post in off topic but it seems to be locked.  (Read 1642937 times)

Offline Raquettedacker

• Cactus Buck
Re: Wanted to post in off topic but it seems to be locked.
« Reply #3900 on: Jun 27, 2011, 03:23:43 PM »
Great pictures everyone....
"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part..."

Offline huntny30

• Non-typical 13 Pointer
« Reply #3901 on: Jun 27, 2011, 05:02:59 PM »
I concur awesome pics!
"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid."
John Wayne

Offline bogmanjr

• 30 Point Buck
  • Amigo
« Reply #3902 on: Jun 27, 2011, 05:23:29 PM »
Great pic's guy's. I have seen that dwarf on the antiaircraft gun "planking" somewhere before too.
" Those who forge their guns into plows will plow for those who did not " Thomas Jefferson.

Offline drobertsinMaryland

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #3903 on: Jun 27, 2011, 05:41:00 PM »
Nice lakers Steve, Issiah and Heather.

Ramrod never ceases to amaze me. ;D ;D

Headed out for a few hours of smallie chasing with my buddy on the Upper Potomac river. As usual the smallie werent so good to me. I managed to catch two dinkers. My buddy caught a few more than me. Here was his biggest of the day. Check out the split in the smallies tail.

Offline Chucker

• 12 Pointer
« Reply #3904 on: Jun 27, 2011, 07:59:17 PM »
Nice pics of trouts from The King!
I'm bound to stay where you sleep all day, Where they hung the jerk that invented work, in the Big Rock Candy Mountains.

Offline bogmanjr

• 30 Point Buck
  • Amigo
« Reply #3905 on: Jun 27, 2011, 08:14:00 PM »
The King has some nice fish in it !
" Those who forge their guns into plows will plow for those who did not " Thomas Jefferson.

Offline Issiah

• 12 Pointer
    • Hunting, Fishing and Trapping New York
« Reply #3906 on: Jun 27, 2011, 08:16:33 PM »
Steve was suggesting a MHF gathering on the island he camped at;  seems like a great idea  bet we'd all have a blast!!  Couple nights of campin and great fishin,  Not to mention the scenery up there!

Offline bogmanjr

• 30 Point Buck
  • Amigo
« Reply #3907 on: Jun 27, 2011, 08:20:28 PM »
Sounds like we need to start planning now for next summer.  We will be in for that, I'll just have to mark MOM's calender "Not available for wedding flowers" when we get a date for it.........

Offline stka

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #3908 on: Jun 27, 2011, 08:38:00 PM »
Sounds like a plan. Heather will be excited, she really wanted to try to get this going as much as I did. We'll have to get Drobs to come up, there's a lot of nice smallies up there too. There's docks for three boats if we can get all three sites. We'll have a blast up there together. We start taking it for granted because we do it so much, that's why we like to get people to come up and share it with them. We actually start loosing interest in the fishing and relax more when it's just the three of us. I don't know if we've ever kept fishing after we got a limit in the cooler. We just quit while they're still biting good and go swimming 

Offline bogmanjr

• 30 Point Buck
  • Amigo
« Reply #3909 on: Jun 27, 2011, 08:49:24 PM »
I was happy to see you with a cowbell & a threaded dead bait. I have 4 down rigger's on my 18 footer and that's the way we fish for them In ontario. I guess you have it figured out by the looks of the pictures.  ;D ;D ;D

Offline stka

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #3910 on: Jun 27, 2011, 09:02:26 PM »
I was happy to see you with a cowbell & a threaded dead bait. I have 4 down rigger's on my 18 footer and that's the way we fish for them In ontario. I guess you have it figured out by the looks of the pictures.  ;D ;D ;D

Not just dead, the first one was on the rod overnight from Saturday, we got at least two fish on that one. I don't even use a bait bucket any more. I got four dead floaters and two live ones from the bait shop for free and put them in a zip-loc bag in the cooler. They were free and I got a receipt  ;D. We have an interesting way of rigging them that I'd like to show you too. Issiah is going to try it out on his lake.
« Last Edit: Jun 27, 2011, 09:04:33 PM by stka »

Offline eyehi

• 12 Pointer
« Reply #3911 on: Jun 27, 2011, 09:26:22 PM »
Steve was suggesting a MHF gathering on the island he camped at;  seems like a great idea  bet we'd all have a blast!!  Couple nights of campin and great fishin,  Not to mention the scenery up there!
what is the name of the island is it a dec campsite ?

Offline eyehi

• 12 Pointer
« Reply #3913 on: Jun 27, 2011, 10:22:04 PM »
There's a lot of island sites if you check here.

http://www.reserveamerica.com/camping/map_of_Glen_Island_Lake_George_Is/r/campgroundMap.do?page=map&search=site&contractCode=NY&parkId=140&topTabIndex=CampingSpot
gottcha reserve america nysdec. use that site often. never tried lake george it is about 4 hours from my house.

Offline ramrod

• 12 Pointer
« Reply #3914 on: Jun 28, 2011, 05:07:18 AM »
had to be fun if issiah gave it a double "thumbs over there"  ;D

good stuff guys. enjoyed the pics!!!!   
im down for campin nex summer as long as its not the 3rd week in july.. thats r annual family camping trip to colton.

If vegetarians love animals so much, why do they eat all their food?   

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal