Author Topic: Wanted to post in off topic but it seems to be locked.  (Read 1642846 times)

Offline upstatehunter

• 30 Point Buck
Re: Wanted to post in off topic but it seems to be locked.
« Reply #3810 on: Jun 18, 2011, 12:44:54 PM »
You aren't going to believe it but this is one of those "you can't make this stuff up" things.....

Someone broke into our home this morning, While Judy slept on the couch, and stole a bunch of clothes Tyler's and my new boots....a Bunch of toiletries, went through my pack, dumped it on the floor....drank a whole bottle of wine... :o Then proceeded to go out and steal my new truck... :o :o :o :o Yeah, had it for three days....But with over ten firemen and a few other residents who heard the news we found the vehicle and the guy who did it...That was the chief and I, riding around and he looked right at me and gave me that ohhhh crap look.
Then he started trying to get away and ditching clothes he was carrying. So he is in jail awaiting arraignment. I am charging the battery out of the blazer to try to get it home..... ::)

I have a feeling that either in this or a previous life I did something very wrong..... ::) ::) ::) 8)

Offline bogmanjr

• 30 Point Buck
  • Amigo
« Reply #3811 on: Jun 18, 2011, 12:55:19 PM »
Good Lord, What the heck is going on in that little town of your's. I feel a shot to the doodads comment coming from the state of maryland.
« Last Edit: Jun 18, 2011, 12:58:41 PM by bogmanjr »
" Those who forge their guns into plows will plow for those who did not " Thomas Jefferson.

Offline upstatehunter

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #3812 on: Jun 18, 2011, 12:57:12 PM »
He's real lucky I didn't catch him in here.....A shot would have rang out but can bet it wouldn't hit there.... 8)

Offline bogmanjr

• 30 Point Buck
  • Amigo
« Reply #3813 on: Jun 18, 2011, 01:00:02 PM »
No kidding.................... >:(   Glad your stuff's back where it belongs.
" Those who forge their guns into plows will plow for those who did not " Thomas Jefferson.

Offline Issiah

• 12 Pointer
    • Hunting, Fishing and Trapping New York
« Reply #3814 on: Jun 18, 2011, 01:22:08 PM »
That's Crazy Man!  WOW  :o :o :o

Offline drobertsinMaryland

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #3815 on: Jun 18, 2011, 02:37:41 PM »
Sorry to hear this upstatehunter. Glad he didn't hurt your wife there are some real sick people out there. At least justice will be served.

Sent Raquette a text and he didnt respond. I wonder if thats any indication on how his day went on the water.

I found this guy creeping around behind my house. Probably wishing I had some tomatoes this year for him to ravish.

Offline stka

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #3816 on: Jun 18, 2011, 04:11:05 PM »
Glad no one got hurt Upstate. If half your luck wasn't bad you'd have it made. That little buck looks awful suspicious Drobs.

Offline CAPTJJ

• Non-typical 13 Pointer
  • Bowhunter
    • Rod Bender Charters, Lake George, NY
« Reply #3817 on: Jun 18, 2011, 05:07:28 PM »
Wow, that's crazy Scott; at least he got caught. Was it a local guy? ::)
Its always archery season. >>>---------->
Hybrid longbow in hand.

Offline upstatehunter

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #3818 on: Jun 18, 2011, 07:37:50 PM »
He was. Worked for me at the home center a few times. Actually worked for the same company in a different division.
With everything he did and tried to do they figure he was just so out of it he didn't know what he was doing half the time. :o :o
Glad he never touched one of the 30 some guns here..... 8) Cops didn't know what to think on that one.... :P
« Last Edit: Jun 19, 2011, 06:20:00 AM by upstatehunter »

Offline hunts2long

• 12 Pointer
  • Northville,NY
« Reply #3819 on: Jun 19, 2011, 04:07:23 AM »
Glad you are all OK.....There are some real NUTS out there....hunts2long
Some days are diamonds some days are stone

Offline upstatehunter

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #3820 on: Jun 19, 2011, 06:23:51 AM »
OH and forgot to say, great photos Dave. He's a cute little guy.

Fall out from yesterdays events were the wife didn't sleep at all last night. She said she kept checking the doors, and turning the outside lights on. Might take a while for her to get over this. Those are the effects that people sometimes forget or overlook when these types of crimes happen.
« Last Edit: Jun 19, 2011, 06:49:38 AM by upstatehunter »

Offline Chucker

• 12 Pointer
« Reply #3821 on: Jun 19, 2011, 06:43:45 AM »
That whole deal is just too crazy for words, Scott.  Hope things smooth out soon - you need some uneventful time!

Oh, and Happy Father's Day from us youngins   :)
I'm bound to stay where you sleep all day, Where they hung the jerk that invented work, in the Big Rock Candy Mountains.

Offline upstatehunter

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #3822 on: Jun 19, 2011, 06:56:01 AM »
Enjoy the day with the little ones Kev. Mine are both working today so we did a dinner on Friday night. Tough as they grow up and have kids of their own.

Thanks for the wishes, I have a couple good kids. Feel pretty lucky in the respect.

Yesterday was the first test of trying to keep a level head and work through a problem and accepting what I can't change. Those who are around me a lot were very proud I didn't lose it and do something regretful. Wasn't the easiest thing to do with the effect it had on my family, but being strong and even keeled had a better effect than my usual reaction would have. Now on to another day better than the last.

Offline Raquettedacker

• Cactus Buck
« Reply #3823 on: Jun 19, 2011, 07:24:24 AM »

Sent Raquette a text and he didnt respond. I wonder if thats any indication on how his day went on the water.

Sorry I didnt get back to you and Issiah...   I had to turn my phone off cus it was driving me crazy...
I will post the pictures and story when I get a chance...
"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part..."

Offline Issiah

• 12 Pointer
    • Hunting, Fishing and Trapping New York
« Reply #3824 on: Jun 19, 2011, 08:34:37 AM »
Yesterday was the first test of trying to keep a level head and work through a problem and accepting what I can't change. Those who are around me a lot were very proud I didn't lose it and do something regretful. Wasn't the easiest thing to do with the effect it had on my family, but being strong and even keeled had a better effect than my usual reaction would have. Now on to another day better than the last.

That sounds like words of wisdom  8)

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal