Author Topic: Wanted to post in off topic but it seems to be locked.  (Read 1642806 times)

Offline ramrod

• 12 Pointer
Re: Wanted to post in off topic but it seems to be locked.
« Reply #3690 on: Jun 08, 2011, 05:28:46 AM »
smart ol gal.  much better location than on the shoulder of the road.  ;D
 thats cool they should cage that area off and see if they hatch.

looks nice over there kev! you have traveled to a far away distant land, you should b livin high on the hog not loooow ;)
If vegetarians love animals so much, why do they eat all their food?   

Offline upstatehunter

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #3691 on: Jun 08, 2011, 05:45:36 AM »
Big ole bucket mouth!!

Great pics JJ.  She's a big girl!!  Hope they do hatch....

Offline drobertsinMaryland

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #3692 on: Jun 08, 2011, 08:14:34 AM »
I bet that was cool to see CaptJJ. Do you think the Motel will tell people to stay away from nest?

Online CAPTJJ

• Non-typical 13 Pointer
  • Bowhunter
    • Rod Bender Charters, Lake George, NY
« Reply #3693 on: Jun 08, 2011, 09:20:23 AM »
The eggs are buried and they don't hatch until the Fall, so I think they will be safe. My only concern is the heat from the fire, but the nest is several feet away, might be OK. Other problem would be kids digging, being close to the fire pit makes this less likely.

I didn't tell anyone at the motel, not sure they want them around with kids swimming. ;) Things get quiet there after Labor Day again, I'll keep an eye on the area and maybe can see if they hatch late September or early October.

The last snapper I saw on Lake George was about 7-8 years ago, trolling in 90' of water. It was swimming, we went over it and it popped up behind the boat.  :o
Its always archery season. >>>---------->
Hybrid longbow in hand.

Online CAPTJJ

• Non-typical 13 Pointer
  • Bowhunter
    • Rod Bender Charters, Lake George, NY
« Reply #3694 on: Jun 08, 2011, 09:53:13 AM »
Now that I have cell service I can post some pictures from last weekends fishing trip to a mountain pond; caught brookies, browns and rainbows to 16" trolling lures, nothing big but nice trout. Pond has a 12" minimum and is supposed to be artificial lures only.

Pulled this smelt out of the browns mouth before I let him go(the 2 rainbows I kept had crayfish in their stomachs):

The loons were loud, mating season.

Most fish came on this rod:
Its always archery season. >>>---------->
Hybrid longbow in hand.

Offline Issiah

• 12 Pointer
    • Hunting, Fishing and Trapping New York
« Reply #3695 on: Jun 08, 2011, 10:00:51 AM »
Nice Trout JJ  8)

Offline bogmanjr

• 30 Point Buck
  • Amigo
« Reply #3696 on: Jun 08, 2011, 10:06:49 AM »
Very nice jj
" Those who forge their guns into plows will plow for those who did not " Thomas Jefferson.

Offline Chucker

• 12 Pointer
« Reply #3697 on: Jun 08, 2011, 10:56:05 AM »
looks nice over there kev! you have traveled to a far away distant land, you should b livin high on the hog not loooow ;)

Slow and low, that was the tempo!  They did it just right.  The belly fat disintegrated when you took a bite, and you barely needed to chew at all.

JJ - nice snapper pics.  We've had them haul up on the grass opposite side of the creek from us, and lay eggs there in the middle of the park.
I'm bound to stay where you sleep all day, Where they hung the jerk that invented work, in the Big Rock Candy Mountains.

Offline ramrod

• 12 Pointer
« Reply #3698 on: Jun 08, 2011, 10:57:18 AM »
 leav it to a charter boat captain to fish w a downrigger in a canoe :o  gotta get the lures to where the fish are.  ;D very cool concept jj. n nice fish. but wheres the pics of the brookies?
If vegetarians love animals so much, why do they eat all their food?   

Offline Chucker

• 12 Pointer
« Reply #3699 on: Jun 08, 2011, 11:08:49 AM »
Bonehead me forgot to compliment JJ on the trouts.  I can smell the butter, lemon, and garlic already!  (And it won't have the aftertaste of the herring I had for lunch)

rr - they fish riggers on the smaller Finger Lakes out of canoes too, along with Seth Green / Victrola rigs for the lakers.   ;)
I'm bound to stay where you sleep all day, Where they hung the jerk that invented work, in the Big Rock Candy Mountains.

Offline Raquettedacker

• Cactus Buck
« Reply #3700 on: Jun 08, 2011, 01:05:18 PM »
Real nice fish JJ...   Way to go....
"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part..."

Offline Raquettedacker

• Cactus Buck
« Reply #3701 on: Jun 08, 2011, 01:08:12 PM »
OH YEA.   Its 117* in the green houses................ :P :P :P
Got to leave for the afternoon but have to go back later and help re-water every thing...........
"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part..."

Offline upstatehunter

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #3702 on: Jun 08, 2011, 01:53:17 PM »
You did well up there JJ. I have clamp ons for my 12' pram. Just easier to get the lure where they are feeding... ;)

117 degrees!!! Those flowers ought to be about done by 4.... :o :o

Offline bogmanjr

• 30 Point Buck
  • Amigo
« Reply #3703 on: Jun 08, 2011, 02:15:45 PM »
117 inside with no breeze is not any fun at all. I did see 128* on the bog around 1230 today. That's at ground level in the sun though,sure it will be hotter tomorrow.

" Those who forge their guns into plows will plow for those who did not " Thomas Jefferson.

Offline drobertsinMaryland

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #3704 on: Jun 08, 2011, 02:32:46 PM »
Looks like a good outing JJ. 8)

Its hot as heck down here. Put the Moultrie back out today with some desert for those damn ants. Decided while I was there I was going to move the Covert to the old logging road(Tiny's Area). Walked past one of my food plots and heard some leaves crunching over by the thicket. I got up against the nearest tree to break up my outline. I then spotted a doe and she made her way over to the food plot that I just walked right by. It was gratifying to watch her with my own eyes feed in the plot for a few minutes. While I was watching her there was a deer blowing behind me on the hillside and it headed over toward the logging road. Once the doe in the plot moved on I decided just to swap cards and leave the camera where it was. Instead of spooking the same deer again. Her are a few pics from the trail cam and the doe that was feeding in the food plot. I could have killed her with the bow. ;D

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal