Author Topic: Wanted to post in off topic but it seems to be locked.  (Read 1642649 times)

Offline bogmanjr

• 30 Point Buck
  • Amigo
Re: Wanted to post in off topic but it seems to be locked.
« Reply #3645 on: Jun 01, 2011, 03:11:48 PM »
We had a band come through here this morning, lasted about 15 min. Hammered us continous too. No fires, just a bunch of alarm call's.
" Those who forge their guns into plows will plow for those who did not " Thomas Jefferson.

Offline CAPTJJ

• Non-typical 13 Pointer
  • Bowhunter
    • Rod Bender Charters, Lake George, NY
« Reply #3646 on: Jun 01, 2011, 06:54:27 PM »
With all the rain I haven't even tried for any small stream native brookies yet this year; decided a fresh trout dinner would be nice tonight. Hottest day of the year so far but they were biting mid-afternoon in this spring fed brook. Caught three from 8-9" and one around 6" that I kept because it was bleeding; lost a few smaller ones, they're tough to hook and they kept swimming into brush. Will be hitting a good brook trout pond soon, maybe friday.

Time to eat. ;)
« Last Edit: Jun 01, 2011, 10:54:13 PM by CAPTJJ »
Its always archery season. >>>---------->
Hybrid longbow in hand.

Offline bogmanjr

• 30 Point Buck
  • Amigo
« Reply #3647 on: Jun 01, 2011, 07:05:41 PM »
That's tasty vittles there JJ. Love those brookies.
" Those who forge their guns into plows will plow for those who did not " Thomas Jefferson.

Offline upstatehunter

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #3648 on: Jun 01, 2011, 08:34:34 PM »
That sure is Bog. Very nice JJ, those will perk the system up and fuel the brain.
I miss those brooks, not a whole lot of them left in the area.
Hope you do well at the pond.

That looked like a pretty powerful band that went through this morning. We missed that one, went south.
Glad nothing happened out there Bog!!

Offline upstatehunter

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #3649 on: Jun 02, 2011, 12:17:48 PM »
Condolences sent to the families in Mass. that are dealing with loss and the shock of losing so much so quickly.
Hope any missing are found ok, and rescued.
Sure has been a tough spring in a lot of areas in our country. Now the reports of the hurricane season is looking grim. A lot of powerful storms are very possible. 

Offline tundraboy

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #3650 on: Jun 02, 2011, 03:03:54 PM »
It really has been a horrible spring in many parts of the country. We had hale the size of quarters here yesterday, cant remember the last time that happend. That's minor compared to the tornadoes and massive flooding. Be safe everyone..

Offline upstatehunter

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #3651 on: Jun 03, 2011, 05:44:46 AM »
Well, my fingers are crossed. Going to look at a 1997 S-10 Blazer this morning. Pictures he sent me looked real good. As long as the frame looks as good as the body it should be a decent deal. Needs a few things but all minor work I can do myself. Main thing he is a Chief of a local fire department and wants me to get a vehicle at a price I can afford. We'll see. ;) 8)

Offline Raquettedacker

• Cactus Buck
« Reply #3652 on: Jun 03, 2011, 06:07:26 AM »
I hope it works out for you buddy..
"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part..."

Offline Raquettedacker

• Cactus Buck
« Reply #3653 on: Jun 03, 2011, 06:54:58 AM »
With all the rain I haven't even tried for any small stream native brookies yet this year; decided a fresh trout dinner would be nice tonight. Hottest day of the year so far but they were biting mid-afternoon in this spring fed brook. Caught three from 8-9" and one around 6" that I kept because it was bleeding; lost a few smaller ones, they're tough to hook and they kept swimming into brush. Will be hitting a good brook trout pond soon, maybe friday.

Time to eat. ;)

Great fish JJ...   2 weeks and I will get some my self....

Offline Raquettedacker

• Cactus Buck
« Reply #3654 on: Jun 03, 2011, 06:56:47 AM »
Well as promised I came back with a few to try out. ;) Could have caught more just didnt know if I would like them. I guess two is good for a taste test. ;D You like my redneck live well? :)

How were the crappies Dave??     Try a minnow under a bobber next time....

Offline drobertsinMaryland

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #3655 on: Jun 03, 2011, 09:51:58 AM »
Not to shabby. :) I actually took some nightcrawlers but for some reason could not get them to eat it. A fews years ago trout fishing a stream I found a small plastic tackle box. It had some smaller lures in it. One was a tiny jig head with what looks to be a small tube on the end. So I tied that on and pitched it in there. Didnt take but two minutes to catch those two. It was fun to try but I still would rather bass fish.

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #3656 on: Jun 03, 2011, 10:16:46 AM »
Ran into this guy last time I checked my trail cam. You say harmless black snake, I say they are all cobras. This sucker was over 6ft long. Sorry for the poor quality cell phone pic.

Offline upstatehunter

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #3657 on: Jun 03, 2011, 01:59:06 PM »
LOL, he's a cutie DRob!! Only 6'??? You would of taken him..... :P

Bought the vehicle....hoping it will work for a while. Seemed to run pretty good, no slip in the transmission, and the frame looked good.
Will need a power steering pump, but have an in at a junk yard so shouldn't be to bad. Alternator seemed to work OK, but I'm betting the serpentine belt is weak so it isn't charging correctly. I happen to have a belt that fits that motor.. ;D Should be on the road next week!!
Yeah team!!

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #3658 on: Jun 03, 2011, 02:59:23 PM »

LOL. Hes not as cute as what I found today. ;D

Glad you picked up some wheels upstatehunter and I hope it treats you well.

Offline bogmanjr

• 30 Point Buck
  • Amigo
« Reply #3659 on: Jun 03, 2011, 03:10:54 PM »

Bought the vehicle....hoping it will work for a while. Seemed to run pretty good, no slip in the transmission, and the frame looked good.
Will need a power steering pump, but have an in at a junk yard so shouldn't be to bad. Alternator seemed to work OK, but I'm betting the serpentine belt is weak so it isn't charging correctly. I happen to have a belt that fits that motor.. ;D Should be on the road next week!!
Yeah team!!

Hope the new wheel's are good to you buddy.  :)

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal