Author Topic: Wanted to post in off topic but it seems to be locked.  (Read 1642829 times)

Offline drobertsinMaryland

• 30 Point Buck
Re: Wanted to post in off topic but it seems to be locked.
« Reply #3630 on: May 30, 2011, 04:48:26 PM »
Headed out to get my first taste of crabs this year. Maybe even a few Miller Lites to go with them.

Offline ramrod

• 12 Pointer
« Reply #3631 on: May 31, 2011, 07:17:10 AM »
Headed out to get my first taste of crabs this year. Maybe even a few Miller Lites to go with them.

now ur talkin!!  ;)   

nics pic kev! you cant beat the colosse curd. good stuff.  i can see the reflection of the store in my computer screen as i type this.  ;D  i often walk over (on thursdays) and buy a bag as a lunch substitute. have you tried the garlic?

not sure what poutine is but it looked appealing enough to make my mouth water a bit!
If vegetarians love animals so much, why do they eat all their food?   

Offline bogmanjr

• 30 Point Buck
  • Amigo
« Reply #3632 on: May 31, 2011, 09:35:19 AM »
MOM did PB's prom flower's up with her usual flair.  ;)  Notice the Blaze gown and tie with a camo vest.  ;D ;D

" Those who forge their guns into plows will plow for those who did not " Thomas Jefferson.

Offline Chucker

• 12 Pointer
« Reply #3633 on: May 31, 2011, 11:20:28 AM »
now ur talkin!!  ;)   

nics pic kev! you cant beat the colosse curd. good stuff.  i can see the reflection of the store in my computer screen as i type this.  ;D  i often walk over (on thursdays) and buy a bag as a lunch substitute. have you tried the garlic?

not sure what poutine is but it looked appealing enough to make my mouth water a bit!

I think we have tried most of the flavors of curd they've got. 

Poutine is Canadian bar / comfort food.  It's simply fresh-cooked fries, fresh curd, and gravy on top which is hot enough to partially melt the curd.
I'm bound to stay where you sleep all day, Where they hung the jerk that invented work, in the Big Rock Candy Mountains.

Offline ramrod

• 12 Pointer
« Reply #3634 on: May 31, 2011, 12:11:58 PM »
MOM did PB's prom flower's up with her usual flair.  ;)  Notice the Blaze gown and tie with a camo vest.  ;D ;D

very clever mom, love it  ;) ;D  well done!   funny how camo became casual trendy in the last few years and now it has gone formal as well. im in a wedding this june and it has a camo theme also.   mind if i fwd these pix to him?

Offline bogmanjr

• 30 Point Buck
  • Amigo
« Reply #3635 on: May 31, 2011, 12:41:25 PM »
Feel free buddy.  ;)
" Those who forge their guns into plows will plow for those who did not " Thomas Jefferson.

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #3636 on: May 31, 2011, 01:19:08 PM »
Snazzy MOM and PB. 8)

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #3637 on: May 31, 2011, 09:16:11 PM »
How do you guys cook your Crappie? Never ate one before and want to give it a try. Found a few spawning today at the local lake. Checked the regs an we have an open season down here. Planning on going up there with a juciy nightcrawler in the morning. ;D
« Last Edit: May 31, 2011, 09:18:33 PM by drobertsinMaryland »

Offline eyehi

• 12 Pointer
« Reply #3638 on: May 31, 2011, 09:35:38 PM »
How do you guys cook your Crappie? Never ate one before and want to give it a try. Found a few spawning today at the local lake. Checked the regs an we have an open season down here. Planning on going up there with a juciy nightcrawler in the morning. ;D
filet bread and deep fry. i use 1 cup flour 1 cup italian bread crumbs and 1 cup crushed corn flakes run the corn flakes through the food processor until they are powder. mix all ingredients together then egg wash the fish and batter. the key is after breading  put the filets in the fridge for at leat 1 hour before frying. this helps the batter stick to the fillets. after chilling fry until golden brown.  my friend gave me this recipe 5 years ago and now i use it on all my fish and everyone loves it. good luck tomorrow  ;D

Offline ramrod

• 12 Pointer
« Reply #3639 on: Jun 01, 2011, 04:43:43 AM »
never tried the corn flake thing. sounds good tho, have to give it a try,  been lookin for a good reason to use the new slapchop! ;D

"watch me slap my nuts"   8)

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #3640 on: Jun 01, 2011, 06:53:51 AM »
Sounds good eyehi thanks. I have a few work related things to take care of this morning but I wil go catch a few. ;) I always feel guilty keeping fish even though its legal to keep them. So I guess I'll just catch 2/3 to try them out first.

"watch me slap my nuts"   8)
Careful dont break the device. ;)

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #3641 on: Jun 01, 2011, 12:22:47 PM »
Well as promised I came back with a few to try out. ;) Could have caught more just didnt know if I would like them. I guess two is good for a taste test. ;D You like my redneck live well? :)

Offline upstatehunter

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #3642 on: Jun 01, 2011, 12:43:29 PM »
Bet your out after some more of them soon DRob.... ;)

Cool prom duds PB!! Very nice flower arrangement as well MOM!!

I've had some long days the last week. Since the lightning storm last Thursday night that hit the transfer station. Also one of the Assistant Chiefs house as we were getting back from that call, then it seemed all heck broke loose in the county, we had another five calls for blown transformers and sent a crew to help with rescue efforts in nearby towns that had flash floods and washed out roads. Then a few accidents, including two rollovers and extrication. Haven't been able to get on here as the lightning took out our monitor, luckily the puter survived.
So things are getting back to normal.....or at least and even keel....new monitor got here today... ::)

Offline bogmanjr

• 30 Point Buck
  • Amigo
« Reply #3643 on: Jun 01, 2011, 01:25:19 PM »
Welcome back......... Though you went somewhere. ;D

Offline upstatehunter

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #3644 on: Jun 01, 2011, 01:46:18 PM »
Nope, just technical difficulties here with the monitor getting fried.
I've never seen a lightning storm like that in my life. It was non stop constant lightning that was hitting everything. Transformers and buildings and trees....just spectacular really.
Local areas in about a 5 mile swath got 6" of rain in about an hour. Flash flooding every where.... :o

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal