Author Topic: Wanted to post in off topic but it seems to be locked.  (Read 1642979 times)

Offline stka

• 30 Point Buck
Re: Wanted to post in off topic but it seems to be locked.
« Reply #3525 on: May 16, 2011, 06:06:56 PM »
When I got my last inspection I asked my mechanic about the emissions test. He told me that because of the size of my truck it wasn't required  ???. So my little car that get 35 mpcr (miles per cup of rice) needs low emissions but my K2500HD 350 4X4 that gets 11mpg gets a pass. I don't even have commercial plates just squeaked in under weight, NYS logic.

What type of price range are you looking in Upstate?

Offline drobertsinMaryland

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #3526 on: May 16, 2011, 08:07:47 PM »
Pass the test today, not that I though it wouldnt. ;D

Offline upstatehunter

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #3527 on: May 17, 2011, 07:39:19 AM »
When I got my last inspection I asked my mechanic about the emissions test. He told me that because of the size of my truck it wasn't required  ???. So my little car that get 35 mpcr (miles per cup of rice) needs low emissions but my K2500HD 350 4X4 that gets 11mpg gets a pass. I don't even have commercial plates just squeaked in under weight, NYS logic.

What type of price range are you looking in Upstate?

Hard to believe NYS missed that one.....A chance to charge more.... :o ;D
Looking in the "junk" price range...LOL  under a 1000. Everything I see is over 11 years old...that's expected. But most of it needs motors and trannies and rear ends....or the best one I saw last week after the flooding...Nice car, driven through a flooded roadway, hasn't run since...But ran great before that...only 1800.00 Early 90's Honda.... :o :o :o  Until I bought my first and only new vehicle in '99.., I never paid more than 1500 for my trucks or cars...Bought one S-10 for 750.00 in Vermont, had 150,000 miles on it. Drove that thing for over 150,000 more miles with regular maintenance. Finally the throttle body caught fire one morning starting it to go to work.
It threw sand on it and smothered it with a jacket I had in the truck...I sold it to a guy for a parts vehicle...He cleaned it up, replaced the throttle body and wires and drove it for another two years....Where the heck are those vehicles now!!????  Guess they went to the cash for clunkers.... 8)

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #3528 on: May 17, 2011, 09:31:09 AM »
Please copy and paste this as your status if you know someone, or have been affected by someone, who needs a punch in the face. People who need a punch in the face affect the lives of many. There is still no known cure for people who need a punch in the face, except a punch in the face. 95% of people won't re-post this. You know why? Because they probably need a punch in the face.

LOL.

Offline stka

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #3529 on: May 17, 2011, 10:13:16 AM »
I'll let you know if I see anything in the range that looks decent. They turn up occasionally, when you're not looking. My brother lives up your way I'll have him keep his eyes open too.

Offline upstatehunter

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #3530 on: May 17, 2011, 10:20:02 AM »
Please copy and paste this as your status if you know someone, or have been affected by someone, who needs a punch in the face. People who need a punch in the face affect the lives of many. There is still no known cure for people who need a punch in the face, except a punch in the face. 95% of people won't re-post this. You know why? Because they probably need a punch in the face.

LOL.

Most of those are on Facebook..... :P At least 99% :o :o :o

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #3531 on: May 17, 2011, 01:36:42 PM »
Darn Facebookies.

Thinking of heading out for an afternoon/evening turkey hunt. Been raining all day and looks to be clearing off for a few hours this evening.

Offline upstatehunter

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #3532 on: May 17, 2011, 01:38:15 PM »
Might be a good afternoon. They will be out drying off. Good luck!!!

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #3533 on: May 17, 2011, 01:40:32 PM »
Might be a good afternoon. They will be out drying off. Good luck!!!
Thanks, only 6 days left and I cant kill them in the living room. ;) ;D

Offline tundraboy

• 6 Pointer
« Reply #3534 on: May 17, 2011, 04:41:12 PM »
You guys can hunt turkeys in the afternoon? We are done at noon in Maine. Do you have to do anything different when hunting later in the day.

Offline bogmanjr

• 30 Point Buck
  • Amigo
« Reply #3535 on: May 17, 2011, 04:55:48 PM »
Rough 24 yesterday, went straight form there to the academy for 9 hr's. It's good to be home. 1 more 24 to go and it's off to god's country and a hunt with tundraboy. Better start packing.  ;D
" Those who forge their guns into plows will plow for those who did not " Thomas Jefferson.

Offline upstatehunter

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #3536 on: May 17, 2011, 05:03:15 PM »
You better take some time off...you are almost an ole fart now.... ;)

Offline ramrod

• 12 Pointer
« Reply #3537 on: May 18, 2011, 05:18:52 AM »
Darn Facebookies.

Thinking of heading out for an afternoon/evening turkey hunt.
would have been a tempting option if we had that here.
iv heard one gobbling right across the street from my house the last 2 days in a row.....at 430 pm :o  monday he must have hammered at least 50 times within 10-15 min. yest morning the ms heard him gobbling everytime she let the Puppy out to pee. which is like every frikn hour.

im gonna name this guy "blabber beak" and tryta silence him on saturday!  ;D
If vegetarians love animals so much, why do they eat all their food?   

Offline bogmanjr

• 30 Point Buck
  • Amigo
« Reply #3538 on: May 18, 2011, 05:24:38 AM »
MOM and PB left @ 410. Last night's scouting was a bust, They went to the Pine field and so far have heard a lot og gobbling at flydown but quiet since. Sounds familiar. Hope they just wait till they pass on by. Guaranteed to see them if they can sit long enough.
" Those who forge their guns into plows will plow for those who did not " Thomas Jefferson.

Offline upstatehunter

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #3539 on: May 18, 2011, 07:47:11 AM »
Hoping they have some excitement today. 

I am going to try to go look at a blazer . 2wd but in decent shape. Though have some trepidation as it sounds like a school kid headed to college... ;)

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal