Author Topic: Wanted to post in off topic but it seems to be locked.  (Read 1642947 times)

Offline ramrod

• 12 Pointer
Re: Wanted to post in off topic but it seems to be locked.
« Reply #3420 on: May 06, 2011, 06:59:18 AM »
Wow was it coldabibble....Sat for twenty minutes and here comes a guy calling his head off....wasn't even daylight, just a glow... >:(
  that's the problem with being near roads and town.... ::)

man alive upstate there is alot of hunting pressure in your area.  when you see these ppl you need to make up stories that will deter them from coming back again.  ::)

If vegetarians love animals so much, why do they eat all their food?   

Offline upstatehunter

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #3421 on: May 06, 2011, 07:46:59 AM »
The problem is the dang birds always seem to be near a road so a lot of people know they are there....couple that with most of the hunters in the area not really caring if the land is posted or not(most owners are seasonal either summer or winter) and you have company more times than you would care to. Plus a good number of people discovering how much fun turkey hunting is.... ;)
Most of the time I do just what I did this morning....let them walk on by and then quietly walk out..... ;)
Actually talked to a guy at Stewarts yesterday that was saying he saw a bunch of birds on a road near JJ's territory...He was going to head down this morning with a buddy... :o :o :o Told him I knew someone that hunts there and would most likely tell the land owner(s) and have them removed...Hoping that deterred them.... 8) 8) 8)

Offline drobertsinMaryland

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #3422 on: May 06, 2011, 08:04:06 AM »
Arrived at my spot a little late today. ::) Got to the top of the hill about 6 and heard one gobbling on the other side of the road by the park. So I decided to call and see if I could locate another one. Gave a few yelps and a purr on the aluminum call and one hammered right back. He was close, I would guess only 50 yards away and gave me goosebumps. ;D When he gobbled it sounded as if he was running towards me. So I dropped to the ground faster than a stripper sliding down the pole. I could hear the leaves crunching but couldnt see him. ??? It was extremely thick he gobbled again and at this point he is around 30 yards away but I cant see him. This is probably where the use of a mouth call would come in handy(cant use one). I waited hoping the bird would clear the brush but no such luck. >:( I heard him gobble again but he was going farther away saying better luck next time.

Offline CAPTJJ

• Non-typical 13 Pointer
  • Bowhunter
    • Rod Bender Charters, Lake George, NY
« Reply #3423 on: May 06, 2011, 08:58:47 AM »
That's how you learn, it happens to everyone. The setup is everything in turkey hunting, be where they want to go and it's much easier; they don't like to go through the thick stuff, for sure. Keep at it.
Its always archery season. >>>---------->
Hybrid longbow in hand.

Offline upstatehunter

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #3424 on: May 06, 2011, 09:10:26 AM »
That's why I have a push/pull mounted to the barrel of my gun... ;D  Pull the string for a few purrs and clucks....by H.S. Strut. ;)

Offline ramrod

• 12 Pointer
« Reply #3425 on: May 06, 2011, 09:25:15 AM »
turkey hunting is a neverending learning experience. close encounters like u had today provide the adrenaline and motivation needed to keep at it.  ;D
you didnt spook him so now youll b a little better prepared tomoro morning ;)  hope you get him
If vegetarians love animals so much, why do they eat all their food?   

Offline loonyone

• Non-typical 13 Pointer
« Reply #3426 on: May 06, 2011, 10:36:31 AM »
thats called fun no matter how you look at it....just plain old fun......gets the heart going everytime...keep at it you will get one...good luck drobs and have fun......and dont look for no turkeys with camo on

Offline Raquettedacker

• Cactus Buck
« Reply #3427 on: May 06, 2011, 06:24:17 PM »
Hey all, just wanted to ay hi and that I got the trip pictures up on MFF..
  http://www.myfishfinder.com/fishing_forum/index.php?topic=43747.0   

I added some more pictures I had left.....        http://www.myfishfinder.com/fishing_forum/index.php?topic=43747.0   
« Last Edit: May 07, 2011, 04:27:57 AM by Raquettedacker »
"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part..."

Offline Issiah

• 12 Pointer
    • Hunting, Fishing and Trapping New York
« Reply #3428 on: May 06, 2011, 07:50:12 PM »
Oh MAn!!  Almost     Did you call again as he moved away??   

Offline loonyone

• Non-typical 13 Pointer
« Reply #3429 on: May 06, 2011, 07:53:01 PM »

I added some more picture I had left.....        http://www.myfishfinder.com/fishing_forum/index.php?topic=43747.0   

nice looks like you had fun.......

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #3430 on: May 07, 2011, 06:08:45 AM »
Just layed down about 7 min. of intense whitetail footage. Buck and doe at 15-30 yds the whole time. Lucky for the they are not in season. ;)

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #3431 on: May 07, 2011, 07:58:48 AM »
Oh MAn!!  Almost     Did you call again as he moved away??
I did but it was to no avail.

Cant seem to get my video uploaded from this mornings hunt in Photobucket. Could it be because its too long? ???

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #3432 on: May 08, 2011, 09:47:41 AM »
Dont know rather to laugh or be angry. Called to wish my mother a Happy Mothers day. While on the phone with her she tells me dad ran into relatives of ours. They own a small farmette and they asked dad if he knew Bryan(I will only put the first name on here). Dad said yes his parents own a house in our neighborhood and he grew up with David. Mind you me and Bryan never got along as kids and I havent spoken to him in years. They said he stopped at our farm and told them he hunted with me and asked if he could hunt the property. :o I have seen him at a few Sportmans show and he works the Dead Down Wind set up at the shows. Never says anything to me, even had my buck on display right in front of the booth he was at. I think next time I see him I am going to ask if hes been trying to poach any more properties from people. I will make sure its when hes working at the booth in a show.

Now this got me thinking....I wonder what he saw there they made him want to hunt it? Glad my relatives thought it was strange since I wasn't with him and said no. Cant believe he thought I wouldnt find out about this.

Offline Chucker

• 12 Pointer
« Reply #3433 on: May 08, 2011, 10:48:49 AM »
Just started one of my least favorite tasks- mowing the lawn.  If it was socailly acceptable, I'd just brush hog it once a year. 
I'm bound to stay where you sleep all day, Where they hung the jerk that invented work, in the Big Rock Candy Mountains.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal