Author Topic: Wanted to post in off topic but it seems to be locked.  (Read 1642796 times)

Offline Chucker

• 12 Pointer
Re: Wanted to post in off topic but it seems to be locked.
« Reply #3210 on: Apr 15, 2011, 04:37:08 PM »
I'm bound to stay where you sleep all day, Where they hung the jerk that invented work, in the Big Rock Candy Mountains.

Offline bogmanjr

• 30 Point Buck
  • Amigo
« Reply #3211 on: Apr 15, 2011, 08:20:18 PM »
Just started all the bog pump's, 19* first frost night of the season. Things have really greened up this last week. Going to be a long night here.
" Those who forge their guns into plows will plow for those who did not " Thomas Jefferson.

Offline drobertsinMaryland

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #3212 on: Apr 16, 2011, 06:27:36 AM »
Got the yard work and grocery shopping done yesterday. Sprayed down the camo with permitherin for opening day of Turkey on Monday(2 days). The fuel pump in  my parents Durango went yesterday. They had planned on taking it to the beach on Monday and asked if they could borrow my Durango. :( There goes the thought of bass fishing from the boat in the afternoon after turkey hunting in the morning.

My buddy asked me to watch his dog this weekend. His house sits in the mountains, so I am going to take the turkey call with me this morning. ;D I cant hunt there so thats why I am calling to them. ;D

Offline Raquettedacker

• Cactus Buck
« Reply #3213 on: Apr 16, 2011, 06:57:23 AM »
That stinks Drobs.......      I want to go dip some smelts tonight but they are calling for hard rain and high winds... :(
"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part..."

Offline upstatehunter

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #3214 on: Apr 16, 2011, 07:11:16 AM »
Need to get a hitch put on the little Red express... ;)

Heard they might be starting Raquette. I'm leaning towards middle of next week, the temps are going to go into the 70's early in the week. Might raise the temps of the water to the level needed... ;D

Offline bogmanjr

• 30 Point Buck
  • Amigo
« Reply #3215 on: Apr 16, 2011, 03:15:11 PM »
The open water is growing all the time on Walter's lake, throw the wind in and he will be in business in no time. ;D ;D
" Those who forge their guns into plows will plow for those who did not " Thomas Jefferson.

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #3216 on: Apr 16, 2011, 03:29:24 PM »
Parents decided to take the car instead of borrowing my Durango. ;D ;D Did someone say bassin' on the lake Monday after Turkey hunting?

Offline bogmanjr

• 30 Point Buck
  • Amigo
« Reply #3217 on: Apr 17, 2011, 05:36:53 AM »
Hope both are cooperating for you drobs. Pouring here and the wind is howling this morning.

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #3218 on: Apr 17, 2011, 05:41:52 AM »
It rained cats and dogs here last night, even had Tornado warnings. Extremely windy today and tomorrow. :( May not even go out on opening day tomorrow.

Offline bogmanjr

• 30 Point Buck
  • Amigo
« Reply #3219 on: Apr 17, 2011, 05:45:55 AM »
It rained cats and dogs here last night, even had Tornado warnings. Extremely windy today and tomorrow. :( May not even go out on opening day tomorrow.

How many tag's do you get? 20 or so. ;D ;D ;D     

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #3220 on: Apr 17, 2011, 05:48:22 AM »
How many tag's do you get? 20 or so. ;D ;D ;D   
LOL As I was telling LH we dont have near the amount of turkeys as we do deer. I only have two turkey tags and thats probably one to many,

Offline bogmanjr

• 30 Point Buck
  • Amigo
« Reply #3221 on: Apr 17, 2011, 05:53:00 AM »
LOL As I was telling LH we dont have near the amount of turkeys as we do deer. I only have two turkey tags and thats probably one to many,

LOL  That's because the deer are eating all the turkey feed................ or do the turkeys eat all the deer feed ?  Don't remember, but the mainah's think their deer are missing because of turkeys. You could have the same thing but different................. ;D ;D ;D

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #3222 on: Apr 17, 2011, 05:56:08 AM »
LOL  That's because the deer are eating all the turkey feed................ or do the turkeys eat all the deer feed ?  Don't remember, but the mainah's think their deer are missing because of turkeys. You could have the same thing but different................. ;D ;D ;D
Could be. ;D Every year I hunt hard only to have one good chance at killing one. Rather or not I capitalize is a different story.

Offline bogmanjr

• 30 Point Buck
  • Amigo
« Reply #3223 on: Apr 17, 2011, 06:00:30 AM »
Could be. ;D Every year I hunt hard only to have one good chance at killing one. Rather or not I capitalize is a different story.

They aren't slow learners. First encounter stick's with them for a while, unless they are in the freezer of course.

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #3224 on: Apr 17, 2011, 06:05:13 AM »
unless they are in the freezer of course.
Lord knows I havent put to many there. ;D ;D

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal