Author Topic: Wanted to post in off topic but it seems to be locked.  (Read 1642655 times)

Offline drobertsinMaryland

• 30 Point Buck
Re: Wanted to post in off topic but it seems to be locked.
« Reply #3135 on: Apr 09, 2011, 09:46:07 AM »
good luk w the mossterd drobs! its nearing crunch time for u isnt it?
Sure is, 9 days to go. ;D

Offline Chucker

• 12 Pointer
« Reply #3136 on: Apr 09, 2011, 02:11:14 PM »
Kids and I went for a short walk in the county park around the corner.  Saw swallows, a pair of bluebirds, a honeybee, and heard peepers as well.  Got home, and heard a kingfisher and saw a spider ballooning.

All I have to do now is figure out how to get a day off from work to actually spend more than an hour outside.   ::)
I'm bound to stay where you sleep all day, Where they hung the jerk that invented work, in the Big Rock Candy Mountains.

Offline bogmanjr

• 30 Point Buck
  • Amigo
« Reply #3137 on: Apr 09, 2011, 03:06:12 PM »
It's good to get out even only for an hour. I have spread some herbicide, fixed a pump primer and replaced front wheel bearings on the youngest boy's 4 wheeler so far. Mom's headed out for a "girls nite" so I may go scouting after supper.If not ,tommorrow morning for sure.
" Those who forge their guns into plows will plow for those who did not " Thomas Jefferson.

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #3138 on: Apr 09, 2011, 03:44:35 PM »
Got the gun sighted in with the open sights. Boy what a relief, guess maybe the scope I got was the POS. The gun started out shooting to the right but was able to correct it with a minor sight adjustment.

While I was there getting setup I put the gun which was in a case on the picnic table. A car pulled up next to my truck and a lady and her kids get out. Now mind you there are posted signs everywhere. Her son comes running across the bridge and stops in the middle of it. Turns to his mother and says mom there is a gun on the table. She said come here and put your jacket on before you go over there. At this point I said can I help you guys? She says "Nope"(like a smart...) and proceeds to come across the bridge with her kids. I replied Ma'am this is private property and I am getting ready to target shoot. She says oh and says come on kids lets leave. Not an I'm sorry or nothing, she is really setting a good example for her kids.. >:(

Offline bogmanjr

• 30 Point Buck
  • Amigo
« Reply #3139 on: Apr 09, 2011, 04:03:12 PM »
Did you say it was a tru glo red dot?  If so I belive the adjustments work opposite of a real scope. Seem's to me all 4 of the cheap red dot's I have sighted in have been bassackwards.
" Those who forge their guns into plows will plow for those who did not " Thomas Jefferson.

Offline bogmanjr

• 30 Point Buck
  • Amigo
« Reply #3141 on: Apr 09, 2011, 04:26:11 PM »
Must be that you got a bad one. :-\ Glad the gun's ok.

Offline upstatehunter

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #3142 on: Apr 09, 2011, 07:00:30 PM »
Should work like a bow sight pin...follow the shot.

Seems people have a very disturbing entitlement issue. They feel everything is open for everyone to do what ever they choose. Now parents are teaching their kids the same. Bet she wasn't kind with her words about you as they left either. You were the bad guy.. :o

Offline Chucker

• 12 Pointer
« Reply #3143 on: Apr 10, 2011, 05:11:32 PM »
Was out at the mom-in-law's today for a nephew's birthday.  Phillip and I walked across the street to the creek.  Trout lilies are already pushing up, about 2-3" tall.  Walked out behind her house to the pond too.  Heard a hen woodie kick up as we were walking back to the house.

Hell Week starts tomorrow.  Three days of mock FDA audit, including my boss' boss as an observer over from Sweden.  After that, two days of ISO surveillance audit.  I haven't had a beer since the Red Dog, but I think I may need to stock up for Friday night after it is all over.
I'm bound to stay where you sleep all day, Where they hung the jerk that invented work, in the Big Rock Candy Mountains.

Offline bogmanjr

• 30 Point Buck
  • Amigo
« Reply #3144 on: Apr 10, 2011, 05:46:11 PM »
Was out at the mom-in-law's today for a nephew's birthday.  Phillip and I walked across the street to the creek.  Trout lilies are already pushing up, about 2-3" tall.  Walked out behind her house to the pond too.  Heard a hen woodie kick up as we were walking back to the house.

Hell Week starts tomorrow.  Three days of mock FDA audit, including my boss' boss as an observer over from Sweden.  After that, two days of ISO surveillance audit.  I haven't had a beer since the Red Dog, but I think I may need to stock up for Friday night after it is all over.

Sound's like one beforehand may be in order too. ;D

Offline hunts2long

• 12 Pointer
  • Northville,NY
« Reply #3145 on: Apr 10, 2011, 06:46:56 PM »
Took the wife over to a friends sugerhouse over the weekend....their season is coming to an end...so far over 1200 gallon. Much better than last year. They have over 5000 taps this year...hunts2long
Some days are diamonds some days are stone

Offline Chucker

• 12 Pointer
« Reply #3146 on: Apr 10, 2011, 07:04:16 PM »
Just killed the first female mosquito of the year.   :o ::) :o

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #3147 on: Apr 10, 2011, 07:33:30 PM »
Seems people have a very disturbing entitlement issue. They feel everything is open for everyone to do what ever they choose. Now parents are teaching their kids the same. Bet she wasn't kind with her words about you as they left either. You were the bad guy.. :o
Very true. I wouldnt doubt it, I was the mean redneck hunter as she was driving away. >:(

Went bass fishing and didn't catch one again. :( I am officially in a slump.

On another note turkey season starts a week from tomorrow for me. ;D My buddy went trout fishing at a pond this morning and heard on gobbling. So he started calling to him with his mouth. Wouldn't you know it he had that turkey hammering all around the pond. :o He said a guy on the other side of the pond was laughing hysterically.
« Last Edit: Apr 10, 2011, 07:38:44 PM by drobertsinMaryland »

Offline upstatehunter

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #3148 on: Apr 11, 2011, 07:07:15 AM »
I spent the weekend at the fire house. Cutting up a car, doing pumper training, meeting new people.'
Best part was my grandson coming yesterday and spending time with poppy. He got to work an Indian tank and ride in the truck around the parking lot. He liked the air horn the best... ;D

Offline bogmanjr

• 30 Point Buck
  • Amigo
« Reply #3149 on: Apr 11, 2011, 07:16:41 AM »
Amy and I took a walk yesterday afternoon, we brushed in a little blind in one of her spots. Think I'll take advantage of the rain and wind today. A trip to BPS would be in order I think. We have the neighbors from camp in ME. visiting tonight and we are taking them out for some local cusine.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal