Author Topic: Wanted to post in off topic but it seems to be locked.  (Read 1642732 times)

Offline bogmanjr

• 30 Point Buck
  • Amigo
Re: Wanted to post in off topic but it seems to be locked.
« Reply #2805 on: Mar 20, 2011, 06:25:57 AM »
You're right  - not a peep about it.  I haven't fished stream trout in years.  I bet last opening day for me was 6-8 years ago on Fabius and Butternut Creeks, and it was brutal cold and snowing.  Of course, if I really needed a trout fix, I am only 15 minutes from Oatka Creek, and only 10 more to Spring Creek in Caledonia.

I love to walk a trout stream, Did a lot as a kid in NH.
" Those who forge their guns into plows will plow for those who did not " Thomas Jefferson.

Offline upstatehunter

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #2806 on: Mar 20, 2011, 06:27:09 AM »
Yup, once it starts there is no stopping it. But the type of steel used makes a big difference. My brothers '89 Sahara has very little rust.
But AMC used better steel.  :-\

Offline upstatehunter

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #2807 on: Mar 20, 2011, 06:30:43 AM »
Walking a stream here is a lot of fun....if you like black flies.... ;D  I took Tyler to one I fished as a youngster and we just got drove out.
You couldn't even breath. I think it is the states way of protecting wildlife. Stop killing the bugs and no one will be out there after it... :o

Offline Issiah

• 12 Pointer
    • Hunting, Fishing and Trapping New York
« Reply #2808 on: Mar 20, 2011, 06:36:19 AM »
You're right  - not a peep about it.  I haven't fished stream trout in years.  I bet last opening day for me was 6-8 years ago on Fabius and Butternut Creeks, and it was brutal cold and snowing.  Of course, if I really needed a trout fix, I am only 15 minutes from Oatka Creek, and only 10 more to Spring Creek in Caledonia.

I stopped fishing the smaller trout streams for a few years, deciding to instead focus on larger salmonoids in the great lake tribs...    I then started to emphasize to myself that It was more about the enjoyment of the experience, than the quality of the fish.   It brings back a floodgate of feelings and emotions (MOSTLY PLEASANT), when I wander down the same stream I did as a kid growing up.  The real icing on this cake was that I have been catching some unbelievable fish!!  It seems to me that people just don't fish it like they use to and there is some real beauties.  I also think they are stocking the fish a little bigger than they use to.  When I was a kid an 18" was the ultimate  over that was a freak that happened very rarely.  I'm catching that caliber fish every year since I went back,  LUV it!!

Offline drobertsinMaryland

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #2809 on: Mar 20, 2011, 07:29:01 AM »
Going to hit up a pond for bass today. They just stocked it with trout so I hope I can get them to bite. They will start to spawn in this pond the first or second week of April.

Offline Issiah

• 12 Pointer
« Reply #2810 on: Mar 20, 2011, 07:48:15 AM »
I usually find that the fish are willing to hit when the 1st come off the truck...

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #2811 on: Mar 20, 2011, 07:57:32 AM »
Not worried about the trout Issiah, just hope the bass are biting. ;D I am sure they are eating there fair share of stocked trout.

Offline Issiah

• 12 Pointer
« Reply #2812 on: Mar 20, 2011, 08:04:30 AM »
LOL,  I like the way you think!

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #2813 on: Mar 20, 2011, 08:21:20 AM »
I just want to catch a bass. I have been bassin 3 times this year and no bass. :( The pond is heavily pressured but I know there are some good ones in it.

Offline Raquettedacker

• Cactus Buck
« Reply #2814 on: Mar 20, 2011, 08:27:37 AM »
Why did Raquette stop posting?

I quit posting cus Drobs took all the fun out of the race...   He would rather spend time on that huge site with his real friends..... ::) ::) ;D ;D 8) 8)
But like he said he will always have seniority over my posts the heck with him, here they come....

What's on the 1st? You didn't miss it.

I havent missed a trout opener in many years..  I know a lot of very small streams that hold all natives and its always my first time out with a rod in hand...Looks like I will be missing it this year cus I have to take dad to get a port installed for his treatments.... :'(        Who knows, things keep going like this and I might have to cancel Raquette Lake trip... :'(
"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part..."

Offline Issiah

• 12 Pointer
« Reply #2815 on: Mar 20, 2011, 08:31:41 AM »
Going to hit up a pond for bass today. They just stocked it with trout so I hope I can get them to bite. They will start to spawn in this pond the first or second week of April.

Have you tried a minnow under a bobber yet?

I havent missed a trout opener in many years..  I know a lot of very small streams that hold all natives and its always my first time out with a rod in hand...Looks like I will be missing it this year cus I have to take dad to get a port installed for his treatments.... :'(        Who knows, things keep going like this and I might have to cancel Raquette Lake trip... :'(

Sounds like bumpy times Dom,    Maybe we could hit a local creek together this spring

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #2816 on: Mar 20, 2011, 08:42:18 AM »
Have you tried a minnow under a bobber yet?

No I havent but that would probably work.  I am an artifical man when it comes to bass. 

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #2817 on: Mar 20, 2011, 09:01:21 AM »
  I quit posting cus Drobs took all the fun out of the race...   He would rather spend time on that huge site with his real friends..... ::) ::) ;D ;D 8) 8)
But like he said he will always have seniority over my posts the heck with him, here they come....
Who knew I had upset you that much? I cant help I registered on this site before you did. I wouldnt let stuff like this bother you its not healthy buddy. Sorry I offended you yet again.

Offline Raquettedacker

• Cactus Buck
« Reply #2818 on: Mar 20, 2011, 09:43:20 AM »
Who knew I had upset you that much? I cant help I registered on this site before you did. I wouldnt let stuff like this bother you its not healthy buddy. Sorry I offended you yet again.

You didn't offend me buddy...  I'm sorry..  Just busting them.....Or trying to....

I wont to apologize to EVERYONE for coming off so harsh lately...    Maybe its best if I just stay off for a while...................
"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part..."

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #2819 on: Mar 20, 2011, 10:11:00 AM »

You didn't offend me buddy...  I'm sorry..  Just busting them.....Or trying to....

I wont to apologize to EVERYONE for coming off so harsh lately...    Maybe its best if I just stay off for a while...................
[/quote
No need for time off lets hit that 5000 figure. I wonder if its big droptine buck status? ;D ;D

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal