Author Topic: Wanted to post in off topic but it seems to be locked.  (Read 1642681 times)

Offline bogmanjr

• 30 Point Buck
  • Amigo
Re: Wanted to post in off topic but it seems to be locked.
« Reply #2790 on: Mar 19, 2011, 08:45:11 PM »
Yep, The boy's and I agree, next time we just work until dark and skip the yuppie party. About 30 people in the room that we have nothing in common with, ::) None of them really have anything we want to talk to them about. Just about the time that the cake come's out so everyone's paying attention some Mother with child whip's out her milk jug and starts breast feeding in the middle of the living room making no effort to conceal the thing at all.  ;D ;D ;D I'm so old I cant stand myself..........  ;D ;D
" Those who forge their guns into plows will plow for those who did not " Thomas Jefferson.

Offline bogmanjr

• 30 Point Buck
  • Amigo
« Reply #2791 on: Mar 19, 2011, 08:46:24 PM »
Come on Raquette, you have to give me a smiley on that one. ;)
" Those who forge their guns into plows will plow for those who did not " Thomas Jefferson.

Offline bogmanjr

• 30 Point Buck
  • Amigo
« Reply #2792 on: Mar 19, 2011, 08:50:12 PM »
;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

That wasn't so hard, 6 to go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   You can't lurk forever.

Offline upstatehunter

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #2793 on: Mar 20, 2011, 05:13:22 AM »
If I ever did something wrong, that could be my punishment....room full of yuppies and no alcohol... :o
Looks like Raquette is deleting posts now.... 8)

Offline bogmanjr

• 30 Point Buck
  • Amigo
« Reply #2794 on: Mar 20, 2011, 05:53:06 AM »
1750 more and I'll beat him to 5000, Lurker.  ;D ;D

Offline Issiah

• 12 Pointer
    • Hunting, Fishing and Trapping New York
« Reply #2795 on: Mar 20, 2011, 05:56:08 AM »
Why did Raquette stop posting?

Offline upstatehunter

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #2796 on: Mar 20, 2011, 05:57:13 AM »
Though he and the big D were racing to it...Seems like they have struck a deal to get there at the same time... :o

Offline bogmanjr

• 30 Point Buck
  • Amigo
« Reply #2797 on: Mar 20, 2011, 05:59:21 AM »
Why did Raquette stop posting?

I think he's just letting drobs catch up,  ;)

You Iced some nice fish yesterday.

Offline upstatehunter

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #2798 on: Mar 20, 2011, 06:03:47 AM »
He sure did!! I was supposed to go with Mike today. One last try to jig a laker...but not to be.
Guess I'll have to bite the bullet as they say and drop the gas tank on the Jeep. Either the wiring has screwed up in the tank or the new pump is going... :o

Offline Issiah

• 12 Pointer
    • Hunting, Fishing and Trapping New York
« Reply #2799 on: Mar 20, 2011, 06:08:06 AM »
Though he and the big D were racing to it...Seems like they have struck a deal to get there at the same time... :o

I see  8)

You Iced some nice fish yesterday.

I really enjoyed being out there yesterday, this warmer weather makes it easier to enjoy the outdoors

Offline bogmanjr

• 30 Point Buck
  • Amigo
« Reply #2800 on: Mar 20, 2011, 06:10:49 AM »
He sure did!! I was supposed to go with Mike today. One last try to jig a laker...but not to be.
Guess I'll have to bite the bullet as they say and drop the gas tank on the Jeep. Either the wiring has screwed up in the tank or the new pump is going... :o

I would cut a hole in the floor and cover it with a few floor mats after. But I'm old and hate working on the ground now. A youthful guy like you will probably have it out in no time. ;D ;D

Offline bogmanjr

• 30 Point Buck
  • Amigo
« Reply #2801 on: Mar 20, 2011, 06:12:16 AM »
Surprised no one has said anything about April 1st in New York?  Or did I miss it?

What's on the 1st? You didn't miss it.

Offline Chucker

• 12 Pointer
« Reply #2802 on: Mar 20, 2011, 06:16:31 AM »
You're right  - not a peep about it.  I haven't fished stream trout in years.  I bet last opening day for me was 6-8 years ago on Fabius and Butternut Creeks, and it was brutal cold and snowing.  Of course, if I really needed a trout fix, I am only 15 minutes from Oatka Creek, and only 10 more to Spring Creek in Caledonia.
I'm bound to stay where you sleep all day, Where they hung the jerk that invented work, in the Big Rock Candy Mountains.

Offline upstatehunter

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #2803 on: Mar 20, 2011, 06:20:02 AM »
I would cut a hole in the floor and cover it with a few floor mats after. But I'm old and hate working on the ground now. A youthful guy like you will probably have it out in no time. ;D ;D

I thought about that...But the wires run across the top of the tank and it is only 3/4" from tank to floor. One small slip with a angle grinder and I'm buying a replacement plastic tank.
Even thought about selling the thing as an off road project for someone. The frame is getting worse by the rear spring shackles, and had to put some gear oil in the front differential. Leaking a little at the seal for the front drive shaft. Plus it is getting up there with 200,000 on it.
The seat belt bracket for the passenger side needs to be reattached like I did he driver side when I bought it. Both floor pans are gone now.
Should be able to get 800 for it as a project Jeep though. 8)
« Last Edit: Mar 20, 2011, 06:27:52 AM by upstatehunter »

Offline bogmanjr

• 30 Point Buck
  • Amigo
« Reply #2804 on: Mar 20, 2011, 06:23:39 AM »
Sound's like in a few more month's youll be able to look at the top of the tank without cutting at all.  That salt is killer, might as well live on the beach.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal