Author Topic: Wanted to post in off topic but it seems to be locked.  (Read 1643048 times)

Offline upstatehunter

• 30 Point Buck
Re: Wanted to post in off topic but it seems to be locked.
« Reply #2700 on: Mar 14, 2011, 08:07:16 PM »
I'm sure the muscles are tired tonight. Still nice to see all that bare ground. I did see dirt in my driveway today... ;D

Offline bogmanjr

• 30 Point Buck
  • Amigo
« Reply #2701 on: Mar 15, 2011, 05:25:31 AM »
I did the battery thing, No change , she came home with it working. Said the guy played with the external PTT buttons and such ,thought 1 may have been stuck It's back and working anyway.

About 1/2 mile over that Pine grove behing Mike is the Bogman residence. He filmed at the neighbors farm.   I'll try to get a few pic's of the operation today.  Bog out!!! 8)
" Those who forge their guns into plows will plow for those who did not " Thomas Jefferson.

Offline Chucker

• 12 Pointer
« Reply #2702 on: Mar 15, 2011, 05:38:51 AM »
About 1/2 mile over that Pine grove behing Mike is the Bogman residence. He filmed at the neighbors farm.   I'll try to get a few pic's of the operation today.  Bog out!!! 8)

Really!?  I thought they did it out in Washington or Oregon.  Segment right afterwards was about making jelly or something, and I thought they were following the berries from bog to jar.
I'm bound to stay where you sleep all day, Where they hung the jerk that invented work, in the Big Rock Candy Mountains.

Offline bogmanjr

• 30 Point Buck
  • Amigo
« Reply #2703 on: Mar 15, 2011, 05:56:49 AM »
Really!?  I thought they did it out in Washington or Oregon.  Segment right afterwards was about making jelly or something, and I thought they were following the berries from bog to jar.

There may have been 2 different episode's then beacuse I remember one filmed in WI now the you mention it. But he did a segment on cranberries here too. I'll have to do some reaserch to figure this out now.
" Those who forge their guns into plows will plow for those who did not " Thomas Jefferson.

Offline Chucker

• 12 Pointer
I'm bound to stay where you sleep all day, Where they hung the jerk that invented work, in the Big Rock Candy Mountains.

Offline bogmanjr

• 30 Point Buck
  • Amigo
« Reply #2705 on: Mar 15, 2011, 06:17:05 AM »
It was Oregon -

http://www.tv.com/dirty-jobs/cranberry-farmer/episode/1165053/recap.html

Found that one, May have to call her later. I know there was a whole crew following her around and it was harvest time. I would have lost money that it was Mike.  gotta go to work. ::) ::)  TTYL

Offline drobertsinMaryland

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #2706 on: Mar 15, 2011, 08:57:48 AM »
Calling for almost 3/4 of an inch of rain tonight into tomorrow morning. Looks like its time to spread my seeds. ;) ;D

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #2707 on: Mar 15, 2011, 03:00:20 PM »
Just got word a pond around here has been stocked with trout. I may have to take avantage of that tomorrow. ;D

Offline upstatehunter

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #2708 on: Mar 15, 2011, 03:48:50 PM »
The local hatchery did a little stocking here as well....The ice jam that went out, flooded a pond of 2 year old rainbows.
They weren't sure if the cold water would kill them....I think they just swam out yelling..I'm Free!!!!!

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #2709 on: Mar 15, 2011, 06:44:06 PM »
That stinks. I bet the hatchery was not to happy.

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #2710 on: Mar 16, 2011, 09:31:10 AM »
Going to go get some worms, I can taste the trout already. ;D

Offline Raquettedacker

• Cactus Buck
« Reply #2711 on: Mar 16, 2011, 09:44:43 AM »
I heard they make good catfish bait... ::) ::) ;D ;D 8) 8)
"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part..."

Offline upstatehunter

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #2712 on: Mar 16, 2011, 10:40:52 AM »
That's bad Raquette.... :P I thought crappie and small mouths would be better.... ;D

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #2713 on: Mar 16, 2011, 01:15:18 PM »
Caught my two fish limit at the pond. Gave one to dad and kept one for myself for dinner tonight. He is a chunker for a stocked trout, gonna stuff him with crab meat.

Offline loonyone

• Non-typical 13 Pointer
« Reply #2714 on: Mar 16, 2011, 01:19:22 PM »
Caught my two fish limit at the pond. Gave one to dad and kept one for myself for dinner tonight. He is a chunker for a stocked trout, gonna stuff him with crab meat.

you can keep your stuffed trout.... :-[...yuck.......however that dq ice cream blizzard...... ;D..you could mail me one lol lol

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal