Author Topic: Wanted to post in off topic but it seems to be locked.  (Read 1642892 times)

Offline Raquettedacker

• Cactus Buck
Re: Wanted to post in off topic but it seems to be locked.
« Reply #2685 on: Mar 14, 2011, 12:21:00 PM »
I owe you a shot to the doodads now. ;) ;D ;D

Should I be wearing the Booty Shorts for you?    ;D ;D
"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part..."

Offline upstatehunter

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #2686 on: Mar 14, 2011, 12:32:26 PM »
Give me fair warning to shield my eyes Raquette... ;D 8)

JJ your inbox is full.... ;)

Offline CAPTJJ

• Non-typical 13 Pointer
  • Bowhunter
    • Rod Bender Charters, Lake George, NY
« Reply #2687 on: Mar 14, 2011, 12:43:37 PM »
All clear, thanks. :o
Its always archery season. >>>---------->
Hybrid longbow in hand.

Offline Raquettedacker

• Cactus Buck
« Reply #2688 on: Mar 14, 2011, 01:19:40 PM »
lol. He knows why, he just had to tempt the dragon. He must be back to work today.

Went in at 5am so I could get out early....      Filled thousands of hanging baskets and a couple of hundred pots with soil........ Hope the girls get them all planted so we can repeat the process tomorrow... ;D

Offline drobertsinMaryland

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #2689 on: Mar 14, 2011, 04:04:58 PM »
I would say you were a busy fella.

Offline bogmanjr

• 30 Point Buck
  • Amigo
« Reply #2690 on: Mar 14, 2011, 05:44:13 PM »
Progress here is good, this operation goes a lot faster with 6 then it does with 2 though. I'm beat, I have ache's in places I didnt even know I had. ;D ;D ;D
" Those who forge their guns into plows will plow for those who did not " Thomas Jefferson.

Offline stka

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #2691 on: Mar 14, 2011, 05:55:46 PM »
Raquette, My back hurts just thinking about being at a table loading that many pots.

What are you working on now Bog, aren't you still covered in snow?

Offline Raquettedacker

• Cactus Buck
« Reply #2692 on: Mar 14, 2011, 06:03:18 PM »
Raquette, My back hurts just thinking about being at a table loading that many pots.

Well it hurts..  But we have a machine you fill with soil on one end and on the other end you put the pots on a conveyor belt and they come out full on the other end.. ;D ;D   Then they are loaded on carts that hold 100 at a time and brought to the green houses..  He got his loser son in law to haul carts today.. ;D ;D

Offline bogmanjr

• 30 Point Buck
  • Amigo
« Reply #2693 on: Mar 14, 2011, 06:12:36 PM »

What are you working on now Bog, aren't you still covered in snow?

No snow here, Frost is out and gone for the most part, Open water everywhere. We are Cleaning the Ditches on the bog to improve drainage. We have a small excavator that we rented for a week and are loading Muck into my ranger and 2 utility golf type cart's with dump body's. Only trouble is they don't have power dump so you have to lift some of the weight of the load to dump them. It's a dirty job. Plus we have 100# 4x8 plastic mat's and a whole bunch of oak plank's that we are driving on so we have to keep moving them too. We had all the young guy's helping this weekend and it went very well. Now It's my brother and I untill the rest of the crew get's home from work and school. MOM did drive a buggy for a few hour's this afternoon and was a huge help.

This a poor cell pic but all I have of it right now. you can see the ditch to the right of the planks has been done and the far end has not. we are Probably lowering the grade between a foot and 10 inches. It's a lot of wet sloppy mud. ;D ;D

" Those who forge their guns into plows will plow for those who did not " Thomas Jefferson.

Offline stka

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #2694 on: Mar 14, 2011, 06:21:55 PM »
I pictured you standing at at a table scooping soil by hand. That still sounds like a lot of work. I had 122 hours the past two weeks, but 13-14 were driving (932mi).

Offline bogmanjr

• 30 Point Buck
  • Amigo
« Reply #2695 on: Mar 14, 2011, 06:36:37 PM »
To top off the day my phone is stuck on a screen that say's unable to make music download, attach cable or check connection. I have an Icon indicating voice mail's and text's but can't retrive them. I don't even have music on the dang phone?? Amy's running to the Verizon place with it now.

Offline Chucker

• 12 Pointer
« Reply #2696 on: Mar 14, 2011, 07:35:39 PM »
It's a dirty job.

I think I saw a guy on TV once playing at cranberry farming, and he said the same thing....

To top off the day my phone is stuck on a screen that say's unable to make music download, attach cable or check connection. I have an Icon indicating voice mail's and text's but can't retrive them. I don't even have music on the dang phone?? Amy's running to the Verizon place with it now.

No luck just pulling the battery, and forcing it to reboot?  Works for all kinds of cellphone ills....
I'm bound to stay where you sleep all day, Where they hung the jerk that invented work, in the Big Rock Candy Mountains.

Offline stka

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #2697 on: Mar 14, 2011, 07:43:02 PM »
No luck just pulling the battery, and forcing it to reboot?  Works for all kinds of cellphone ills....

I agree, a good forced reboot cures a lot of things.

Offline buckblaster

• 10 Pointer
« Reply #2698 on: Mar 14, 2011, 07:53:55 PM »
Looks like tough work. Kinda of reminds me of the commercial no added sugar and then pours a whole bag into the cranberries
icefishinman88 on the shanty

Offline drobertsinMaryland

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #2699 on: Mar 14, 2011, 07:58:14 PM »
I would say you did have a busy day Bog.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal