Author Topic: Wanted to post in off topic but it seems to be locked.  (Read 1642692 times)

Offline bogmanjr

• 30 Point Buck
  • Amigo
Re: Wanted to post in off topic but it seems to be locked.
« Reply #2490 on: Mar 09, 2011, 08:37:33 AM »
Everyone needs a little southern spice every now and then....   8)

Where are the bulk of your members from?

I would have to say most of the active one's are in the Northeast. Lot's of NewYorker's,& Mainer's, a few from the rest of NewEngland. Then we have old Blabber fingers from Maryland.  ;D ;D ;D  We had a 18 of us get together in February in the Adirondack's for an Ice Fishing Trip. My Wife and I traveled from Southeast Massachusetts for it. It was a great time, Lot's of good guy's and a few gals on here.
" Those who forge their guns into plows will plow for those who did not " Thomas Jefferson.

Offline cobrican

• Spiked
    • Sawyer Consulting
« Reply #2491 on: Mar 09, 2011, 08:41:03 AM »
It's good to get together in the real world.  I've been amazed the few times I attended gatherings with hunters I connected with through media organizations.  Some of my best friendships were made that way.
Pro Staff, Talkhunting Magazine  www.talkhunting.com
Sawyer Consulting LLC  Management for hunting and recreation properties
UFA Member  www.unitedforumsassoc.com

Offline cobrican

• Spiked
    • Sawyer Consulting
« Reply #2492 on: Mar 09, 2011, 08:42:44 AM »
Ok, since everyone seems to be on this thread. 

How do I upload an avatar.  I have a pic on my computer.  I tried uploading one from a website but it didn't work.  How do I have to do this?
Pro Staff, Talkhunting Magazine  www.talkhunting.com
Sawyer Consulting LLC  Management for hunting and recreation properties
UFA Member  www.unitedforumsassoc.com

Offline bogmanjr

• 30 Point Buck
  • Amigo
« Reply #2493 on: Mar 09, 2011, 08:58:14 AM »
Ok, since everyone seems to be on this thread. 

How do I upload an avatar.  I have a pic on my computer.  I tried uploading one from a website but it didn't work.  How do I have to do this?

I'm computer Illiterate so I could never explain it in the correct term's. You need to have the photo in a hosting site like photobucket, Then re-size it and paste the IMG link to the avatar section in the profile.

This link will get you through it I think.

http://www.myhuntingforum.com/hunting_forum/index.php?topic=3014.0
" Those who forge their guns into plows will plow for those who did not " Thomas Jefferson.

Offline bogmanjr

• 30 Point Buck
  • Amigo
« Reply #2494 on: Mar 09, 2011, 09:01:30 AM »
It's good to get together in the real world.  I've been amazed the few times I attended gatherings with hunters I connected with through media organizations.  Some of my best friendships were made that way.

I would agree, I have met many new friend's from here and The sister Ice fishing site. Many that will last as long as I do I would bet.

Offline brace

• 10 Pointer
  • Is it Friday yet??
« Reply #2495 on: Mar 09, 2011, 09:02:47 AM »
I would agree, I have met many new friend's from here and The sister Ice fishing site. Many that will last as long as I do I would bet.

Not sure how anybody can possibly enjoy your company.....  ;)
   Nil Carborundum Illigetimi

Offline bogmanjr

• 30 Point Buck
  • Amigo
« Reply #2496 on: Mar 09, 2011, 09:04:43 AM »
Not sure how anybody can possibly enjoy your company.....  ;)

LOL well,well,well, there's one now. ;D ;D

Offline bamaboy

• Forked
« Reply #2497 on: Mar 09, 2011, 09:23:01 AM »
I would have to say most of the active one's are in the Northeast. Lot's of NewYorker's,& Mainer's, a few from the rest of NewEngland. Then we have old Blabber fingers from Maryland.  ;D ;D ;D  We had a 18 of us get together in February in the Adirondack's for an Ice Fishing Trip. My Wife and I traveled from Southeast Massachusetts for it. It was a great time, Lot's of good guy's and a few gals on here.

Thats cool. I went to a gathering for our site last year to Michigan. We went ice fishing, me for the first time ever. I froze and the fish didnt bite but I still had a blast!
TalkHunting Magazine Pro Staff    www.talkhunting.com
UFA Member   www.unitedforumsassoc.com

Offline Raquettedacker

• Cactus Buck
« Reply #2498 on: Mar 09, 2011, 10:15:00 AM »
"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part..."

Offline Raquettedacker

• Cactus Buck
"Dying is the easy part. Learning how to live is the hard part..."

Offline bamaboy

• Forked
« Reply #2500 on: Mar 09, 2011, 10:32:56 AM »
It looks as cold as I remember my trip being. Us southern fried boys struggle in that cold. But as a few of my northern friends have found out after trips to my place in the summer, they struggle with the intense heat so i guess that makes us even!   ;D

Offline upstatehunter

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #2501 on: Mar 09, 2011, 10:33:42 AM »
Upstatehunter, I don't want to see you on the news tonight out on that "jam" with your "pike pole" trying to break it loose...there is a jam up river about 2 miles from my place. With the warm weather coming it should be out front by next week...hunts2long

Not going to see me H2L, We have only two of us that are trained in any kind of swift water/ice rescue. An ice flow is not anything to mess with, just get out of it's way and hope your property is safe. We had to use six wheeled Argos and four wheelers in the early 80's to get people out of that same area. Was one of my fist rescue calls for the upper Hudson/ Adirondack search and rescue team. One of the older members and I were discussing it last night. Right now we would have a tough time, as no one uses the old snowmobile trails anymore. At that time they were rode a lot and were packed and groomed, so you could drive on them pretty much. But alas the APA has closed them down... :(
He was a very wise man Bog. Way beyond his years, with a flair for the eccentric... ;)

I'll welcome you here Bama, we have a pretty close knit group here. Pretty sure if one of us had an issue there would be a convoy on the way to the rescue. A little insight to them, when I lost my job last year they as a group got money together to pay off the mount you see in my signature. I had told the taxidermist to keep the head and sell it. He told me some guy from an internet site had called him and offered to pay the balance on it. Most of them had never even met me...

Offline bamaboy

• Forked
« Reply #2502 on: Mar 09, 2011, 10:39:08 AM »
Its nice to have a home forum like that, isnt it? Us hunters tend to form the closest friendships I have ever seen and are always ready to come to the rescue of a fellow outdoorsman. Even if we have never met them face to face. We had a guy who's bow was stolen out of his truck, two weeks before the season opener. By opening day, he had a fully outfitted bow with different items being sent from different people. To me, that's what makes forums, especially close knit forums, so special. I never get tired of hearing stories like this...

Offline upstatehunter

• 30 Point Buck
« Reply #2503 on: Mar 09, 2011, 12:35:00 PM »
Have a couple pics of the ice jam...
View from the bridge looking towards the tressle of the railroad.

Looking south towards where it is blocked. It extends about a mile north, and thats where the road runs that some live on. 15 year round homes. With numerous summer homes.

Offline ramrod

• 12 Pointer
« Reply #2504 on: Mar 09, 2011, 01:03:12 PM »
any way to enlarge the images?
If vegetarians love animals so much, why do they eat all their food?   

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal